:tongue:
  • FooFatFighters
    FooFatFighters Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    1/w p #2
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    once per week. daily I fluctuate so every Monday am I hit the scale. I used to do it several times per day but the fluctuation changed me to a psycho!
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    (I didn't get to go through the whole thread)

I weigh daily and track any losses. Studies show that this frequency, contrary to popular belief, is actually the best for long term weight loss. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17663619

I think it's so helpful to see fluctuations from exercise, salty foods, periods, etc. For example, I was down 13 last Saturday, made no errors in my diet, started exercising, gained four pounds (!!!), and four days later was down five pounds. It's helpful for me to see how long the muscle repair/water weight hangs on for. If I hadn't been weighing throughout the week, I would have spent the whole week worrying if I was losing. As much as inches and other NSVs matter, when you have a significant amount of fat weight to lose, the scale can really be comforting.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    once a month
  • runningagainstmyself
    Options
    No more than once a week, otherwise I drive myself crazy.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    once per week. daily I fluctuate so every Monday am I hit the scale. I used to do it several times per day but the fluctuation changed me to a psycho!

omg yay it happens to other people :o I can change up to 3kg between 6am and midnight, it's nuts
  • Britta1229
    Options
    What app is that?
  • minsch
    minsch Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    every morning when I get up and every night before I go to bed.....I don't get worked up over the numbers....I just like to see them and the cycle that they make.
  • aynhagenbarth
    aynhagenbarth Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have a bad habit of weighing daily. It is so frustrating and discouraging! Just today I put my scale up in a cupboard and I will not bring it down until next Saturday. I really recommend taking your measurements once a month. Seeing all those inches gone is much more rewarding than a lb on the scale!
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Every morning before my shower and it posts automatically through Fitbit. I embrace the daily fluctuations and have been working to understand the ebbs and flows of my body. I also have a spreadsheet for analysis. I have had a steady loss since starting and average 0.225 lbs per day. My weight fluctuations are 99% water and consistently conceal any real loss or gain. I use an average of my last 7 days as my "weight". It bums me out to see gains. Weighing daily I can comfort myself that tomorrow will come quickly. I don't think I could weigh myself weekly because 1 out of 3 weeks I would show a gain just from my water fluctuations. I would be crazed to have to wait another week to know if it was a real gain or not. I found I'd have to go to a monthly weighing schedule to avoid my water fluctuations from causing false gains which is too little feedback for my attention span. On the flip side, I've earned that false losses are just as common as false gains and can be equally frustrating.

Learning to understand my body has been the big lesson learned. It extends beyond just the scale and has been as cornerstone to my success with MFP
  • InfoomaousTete
    InfoomaousTete Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Every morning...after my pee and before I dress. I have learned through trial and error ....that it is the only thing that keeps me honest. I am always mindful of the bulk of food and the water gain from high sodium meals. So I only log my weight once a week...and that is the lowest weight of the week. Sun to Sat.
  • k_pattie
    k_pattie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week - tuesday mornings at the gym because I don't own a scale. I become to obsessed with the numbers as well - may be encouraging for some people (and I can understand why after reading through the thread!) but I'm one of the ones who works best with a weekly weigh-in. Sometimes I look at it as a surprise - look at what I've lost - so I get excited for tuesday mornings haha.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    never I don't own even own a scale. Once a month I use a tape measuerer and check results that way.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    i force myself to once a week
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    Every morning after I void (with no clothing).. It is the most accurate weight plus it helps me see progress and keeps me from slipping

Yep thats me too.
  • taketwo9
    taketwo9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    DAILY!
  • rotill
    rotill Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I don't panic if I go up, as I have been doing this enough to know my weight fluctuates. I only log when I have lost though. That is actually the painful part of using MFP - I am not honest about the times I gain weight, I just ignore those numbers and log the next time I lose.
  • snljatczak
    Options
    Pretty unhealthy, but I'm addicted to getting on the scale once or twice a day!