Embarrassing Food

Options
What's that food item that makes you wish your diary was closed? That food that you hate to eat in front of others and pretend you don't? The food you know is disgusting but love to death anyway? The food that's so high-calorie but you can't quit it?

For me, it's Pizza Lunchables. But I'm in uni so it's a little embarrassing to eat them during my lunch break;;;

Replies

• tomsawyerv
    Options
    I don't really have one of these anymore but back when I wasn't eating very healthily, I'd have to say chili cheese anything.
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    People at my college eat the crap out of lunchables, they sell them on campus in one of our convenience stores actually.

I used to make bowls of lemon curd and just eat them.
    Or I would mix peanut butter and honey in a cereal bowl, microwave it until it bubbles then eat/drink it.
    Yeah.....embarrassing.
  • metalloz
    metalloz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Jim beam
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Ranch. Dressing.
  • GabeRami
    GabeRami Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Ok...a Big Mac...I know they are bad, and every now and then I get a craving! I do pay for it later though...
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I love lunchables - but the cheese, meat & cracker ones. I totally think cheese & crackers are an excellent meal - which could be my problem....
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    General Tso Chicken.
    Takeout. Delivery.
    After 10:00 PM.
    ugh.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Nothing. It's food. I never have been nor will be embarassed.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I used to eat just full dinner plates of melted cheese...So gross yet delicious.
  • cardiophile
    Options
    Spoonful of peanut butter washed down with a spoonful of jelly. Repeat 3-5 times.
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Generic Slim Fast shakes.

No, I'm not following a Slim Fast diet. I just have a really hard time eating breakfast. For years, I wouldn't eat anything until 1 or 2 p.m. And then I'd eat like a piggie the rest of the day.

Now, I'm trying to teach myself healthier (not yet "healthy") eating habits. The shake goes down easy, it tastes good and it stays down. Even better, it has 10g of protein and 5g of fiber. Yeah, it has carbs and artificial this and that, but I rarely go over my carb goals so long as I aim for enough protein and I've not yet moved into the no processed foods camp.
  • feathertouch
    feathertouch Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I could eat full boxes of cereal like All Bran original, All bran flakes, All Bran clusters, Anything Special K, Granola , Frosties chocolate covered rice snaps..........It's even worse when I have warm milk with them, the full box would be gone in half the time so I don't buy cereals anymore due to this and the amount of added sugar in them :( Also rolls of crusty chewy bread...I could just sit and eat eat eat, same with toast...........don't buy or have bread anymore :( lol
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Cheetos.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

This. If I feel like a big mac, I'm going to eat a big mac. I'll put it in my diary and keep on doing what I do.
  • greenfalls107
    greenfalls107 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    KFC hot wings.. Oh my goodness, they are delicious. I just have to have them once a month or so. I count out the accept able calories I am willing to eat and then walk away. They are sooooo good.
  • RunningOnPurple
    RunningOnPurple Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I used to eat just full dinner plates of melted cheese...So gross yet delicious.

Me too, so good when it's slightly browned on the edges! :smile:
  • mapnerd2005
    Options

^^This.

It did make me mad once when somebody critiqued my diary without my asking, telling me I eat too much processed food. 1. I didn't ask for your "expert" advice, 2. If you're not going to look at the big picture, you don't know how this works, and 3. I'm realistic, I don't consider ANY food to be "off limits" as long as it fits within my goals.
  • Scandinavia
    Scandinavia Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    The amount of which I eat sugar free jello may revolt people. I have 3 servings a day. Daily.

Also, ice cream. I consume it frequently.
  • greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Chocolate :( I'm a real chocoholic. I blame living in a country where we make awesome chocolate (England - cadburys is amazing imo!) I started buying the expensive really dark chocolate and treating myself to just a piece or two a day, and I include it in my diary and calorie allowance. But I still feel a little guilty about it and wonder if it's wrecking my diet... lol
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Some of you guys... hahaha. Now I feel way less embarrassed about my addiction to kid food. :blushing:

And just to add onto the oh-so-srs "I'm not embarrassed about my food, I eat what I want" thing, so do I; this is just a light-hearted topic about things you know you prooooobably shouldn't eat but you do anyway. I hate food critique as well... I don't eat clean in the slightest so it gets me a lot of judgment. I don't get why it's anyone else's business what I'm eating. If you ask for critique, sure, but I never do and I get it. Grrrrrrr.... Closed diary! Haha.