1st record NOT CD ! 7" VINYL record you bought?

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I remember being a tiny little 4 or 5 year old and putting on a record where the girl would sing "my boy lollipop....you make my heart go giddyup, you are as sweet as candy, you are my sugar dandy, my heart told me so."

Then as I got older "santa" gave me duran duran, madonna, go go's and musical youth albums.

But during my first crush I personally went out and bought a single called "Gee Whiz" by bernadette peters of all people and played it to death sighing and daydreaming amd walking into walls and just generally making a teenage nuisance of myself around the house.
  • jennsea
    jennsea Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Culture Club - color by numbers (? I think that was the title)
  • ruurik
    ruurik Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    In 1981 when I was 8 years old, I bought 'Prince Charming' by Adam & The Ants.

I used to run around the house with a piece of white tape over my nose. But that's my problem, not yours.

Aaaaaaaa-ha! airrrrrrr-ha!

ant_adam_.jpg
  • alipene
    alipene Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    In 1981 when I was 8 years old, I bought 'Prince Charming' by Adam & The Ants.

I used to run around the house with a piece of white tape over my nose. But that's my problem, not yours.

Aaaaaaaa-ha! airrrrrrr-ha!

ant_adam_.jpg

And I bet you did the Prince Charming dance too :laugh:

Mine was Long Haired Lover from Liverpool - Jimmy Osmond...and I'm finally going to see him and Meryl and Jay in a show called Boogie Nights...But no Donny...
  • jnlynn
    jnlynn Posts: 101
    Options
    I do not remember the name of the album but the group was Electric Light Orchestra ( it was a rock band for you young folks!) I guess that was a 13" album not a single.
  • oldernotwiser
    oldernotwiser Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    "Travelin' Man" by Ricky Nelson. 1961.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Too darn many to remember which was first. I know my parents hated it when I joined the KISS Army. Or it could have been the Cheryl Tiggs poster? Can't remember exactly which. Just know that I had to keep my door closed at all times :laugh:
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    I was about 7 or 8 years old, if I recall. It was Michael Jackson's Bad album. I got a record player for Christmas and used some of my gift cash to buy it. Still remember like it was yesterday!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    This ole house by Shakin Stevens:laugh:
  • mickn
    mickn Posts: 15
    Options
    Back at the beginning of time in the very early 1970's.. Jeepster by T Rex. First album was soon after.. Electric Warrior by T Rex.
  • runlikeananna
    runlikeananna Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    First single that was bought for me was when I was six. "My boy lollipop" I played it over and over and over.
  • gregre04
    Options
    It was a Bay City Rollers LP, I can't remember the name of it (35 years ago)
  • grgnelson
    grgnelson Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Wings-Live and Let Die
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I can't remember the first LP that i bought, but the first one i ever owned was this.........

BIGkiss_destroyer.jpg.jpg

I was 7, and i got it as a Christmas present.
  • MichaelYoung1976
    Options
    We Are The World (USA for Africa single)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    First album was Madonna's "Like a Virgin." Although I didn't really BUY it... I used a gift certificate I won in a costume contest at a Halloween dance in junior high.

I didn't buy many 45s, but it was probably the Monkees' "That Was Then, This Is Now."
  • cazzer69
    cazzer69 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Buzzcocks - Promises.
  • Pru1943
    Options
    Recording by the Boston Pops Symphony Romantic Music. I fell in love with classical music listening to that record. (Besides, my boyfriend gave it to me)!
  • ladypenel
    ladypenel Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Rubber Ball by Bobby Vee. Omg I'm so old ha ha :)
  • itsmelynn15
    Options
    Mine was "Knock on Wood" recorded by Amii Stewert. I think I bought it around 1981?? It was my favorite song to roller skate to when I was a kid...LOL