Share your small wins!

Options

Replies

• kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    When I started, the baggy tshirts I wore to bed was a sixe 2XL. Last night, I put on a size Large shirt, just to see.. I'm still wearing it, and I don't look like a stuffed sausage!! haha it fits like a baggy tshirt should!
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My best small win is having a healthier heart. My resting heart rate has dropped to 53!!! Fantastic but it took some adjusting to having to workout harder/longer to burn the same calories.

I have a lap!

I'm no longer morbidly obese!

I can run, bike, climb......

I'm 3 pounds away from my halfway point!

Well done everybody!
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Eric just reminded me about the whole seatbelt thing, being so big, I was always removing the seat belt strap from my neck and holding it in place over my chest the way it's supposed to. I finally don't have to do that, it stays in place! However, we all know bad habits die hard and I still find myself holding the seat belt strap, lol
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you all!

I can totally relate to the feeling when you run for your first 2 minutes without stopping

My first 20 mins running I had tears in my eyes I was so happy

Now I try to run 5 miles at least once a week which takes around an hour and working on running a 10k.. I know I'm going to be a mess of emotions and tears when I cross the finish line haha
  • edessad
    edessad Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you all!

I can totally relate to the feeling when you run for your first 2 minutes without stopping

My first 20 mins running I had tears in my eyes I was so happy

Now I try to run 5 miles at least once a week which takes around an hour and working on running a 10k.. I know I'm going to be a mess of emotions and tears when I cross the finish line haha

Let us know when you are going to run it so we can give you some mental support
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    Well, I'm pretty happy that I lost a pound in a week. I know that probably doesn't seem like much, but I have pretty much maintained within a 2 pound range, and I haven't really put in the diligence and effort to track food and exercise like I have this last 10 days. I have just winged it. I felt like I could eat like a pig or eat super good, but my weight just wouldn't move because it has stayed mostly pretty steady (other than this last holiday gaining 4 lbs). Being shorter, 3 lbs can change a pant size. So, I worked hard last week, and I lost a pound. That just tells me I can keep doing this and lose 6 more pounds for my first goal.

Keep up the good work everyone.
  • AmpKat
    AmpKat Posts: 18
    Options
    So, my last "official" weigh in on the site was back at the end of November. And then I really fell off the wagon in December with all the Christmas parties and what have you. When I stepped back on the scale at the beginning of January, I was up nearly 6 pounds.

I finally got my act together this past week and a half and really got my eating back on track. And I've been back at exercising as well. So I was super pleased that I'm only one pound off that last November weigh in number. I'm so close! And it's only downhill from there!

I'm so excited. I feel like I've weighed 250lbs FOREVER. I can't wait to break into the 240s.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    i put a lot of the resistance and weights up at the gym today, and ran consistently for 2 mins at a time at 9kph- starting to notice an improvement now. well done to all of you on your victories, i love this thread and reading about your successes and it's a great inspiration and motivator.

also, feel free to add me, always looking to share my journey and yours, love giving support and all that.
    :happy:
  • haniay
    haniay Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I ran for 2 whole minutes on the.treadmill today!!:wink:

I think that's a huge success! Getting started on running is such an achievement. Congratulations!
  • Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm finally the weight I say I am on my driver's license!
  • DanTillson
    DanTillson Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Well done guys :)

I got accused of being on steroids yesterday, felt like giving that person a hug. Pretty much spent the last 6 months hiding away in the gym and avoiding my regular booze buddies, so comments like that make it all worth it! Stay strong people. D
  • Zekesmom
    Options
    At my 2 week weigh in today I was disappointed that the scale had not budged, not even an ounce. But then I did my measurements and found I had lost 1.5 inches on my waist and 2 inches on my thighs. So win win for me.
  • vickiaf
    vickiaf Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Mine was today when I bent over in front of my sister in law to change my sons nappy and she said "you must have had to buy loads of new clothes" when I asked why she replied " well surely none of your old ones fit you now, you look great"

On a stranger note my brother (who truly speaks his mind no matter what) said to my other brother "she's dissapearing, she used to be a REALLY fat b*****d, now she is just a fat b*****d! :huh: he means well! :laugh:
  • robjenga
    robjenga Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I fit into the shirt that I started this diet to fit back into!!!! Giddy up! Now to fit into the jeans i bought when I was the thinnest i've ever been...almost there...although I think I popped out of the womb at 220.

:)!!!
  • Jribeiro86
    Jribeiro86 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I actually had three small victories today that made me happy!

1. The pea coat I have had for a few years now (and which started out rather snug on me) is now so loose that it's time to get a smaller one. :)

2. When I first bought the belt that I'm currently wearing, I was on the 8th notch in. I only noticed like 20 minutes ago that I'm comfortably on the 13th notch.

3. My favorite ring that I nearly always wear on my right index finger nearly flew off my hand while I was talking to someone earlier.
  • di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    ooh i like this topic and congrats to all those who told their small wins stories :)

mine would be:
    found an old leather jacket that i knew didnt fit last year and now fits fine :)

diana
  • erg2013
    erg2013 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread!

A month in, the scale is not budging... but today someone noticed for the first time that I was loosing weight.
    yeah!!!
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm in one more notch on my belt :)
  • losingweightfindingme
    Options
    I've had a few that really get me jazzed!

- our manager at work told me it looked like I was losing weight (yay! because I never see the physical changes in myself)
    - A patient at work last night asked me why I was wearing someone else's name badge because I didn't look like the person in my badge picture anymore (a photo that was taken 25 pounds ago)
    - I kept up with both a fitness boot camp last week and our attempt at an Insanity workout last night during our break at work.
  • K251
    K251 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My mom bought me size L work out pants because she said I looked "homeless" in my XL and to my surprise they FIT!! I couldn't believe it! I can't remember the last time I wore Large size anything :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!