2 years later... Before and progress pics

Options
I have been on MFP for 2 years and 3 days now and I LOVE this site. Anyone wanting to lose weight I always recommend this place. For my entire adult life I have been over weight but never realized I was obese. My life has gotten so much better and I have truly found things I really enjoy like running, exercise in general, eating healthy, music my inspiration, and meeting great people along the way. Never had an exact "aha" moment I just knew I wasn't happy with myself and just thought Im going to be like this forever, it seemed IMPOSSIBLE to ever think I could LOVE or even like my body, still working on self-acceptance. Along the way I slowly changed my poor habits slowly but surely I did it and am doing it and replacing those with healthy ones. I know i will NEVER be where I was I will not allow that.

The crazy thing about this process is how many things have changed that never crossed my mind, until I went through this journey. The way I get treated is different sometimes better, but at times not, I just let it go. My relationships have changed some have become stronger others weaker. This process is trippy, because I changed over these past 2 years physically, but mentally it really hit me last year when my boyfriend told me, "You're not the old you stop thinking you look the same and accept that this is the new you". So that has been the toughest battle and is something that is easier said than done is being accepting of yourself and really being content with the progress versus where Im still not. My boyfriend lost weight too unintentionally but I guess naturally with the changes our lifestyle changed him too.

So here is some before pics from 2010-2011. Not happy!! HW 177-180lbs but stopped weighing, so it very much likely could have been higher than that. I want to add Im five foot even so Im short lol.

my_diet_coach_photo_180759_zps8465d81d.png

Blurry picture but this was me @ my dad's b-day party drinking idk what maybe soda lol. thats the boyfriend on the left standing next to me.

IMG953261_zps065f8083.jpg

My favorite uncle that passed this last October, but this is my dad's bday as well and my precious grandma.

IMG951249_zpsfd4dee67.jpg

Progress pics! "After"

The BF and I Summer 2012 at a BBQ!

2012-04-08_14-55-22_624_zps19bb18c2.jpg

Halloween 2012

2012-10-27_22-26-30_244_zps890cc481.jpg

Recent

2013-01-26_07-49-08_645_zps2e7b5530.jpg

Trying to build some muscle 2013

IMG_20130126_075911_zps25c2cfef.jpg

IMG_20130126_074849_zps5ab51323.jpg

Today 2013

IMG_20130126_072720_zps819d1567.jpg

Replies

• elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    You look incredible, beautiful and healthy. Congrats xxx
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Last pic is cut off :/
  • rockangel8907
    rockangel8907 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Awesome loss! You look gorgeous!
  • kandienicole
    Options
    Wow! You look absolutely amazing! Like a totally different person! Congratulations on all of your hard work-it really shows!!
  • crystalchay
    crystalchay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations! Can I ask, since this site is so much about calories in, calories out....what would you say your typical daily allotment of calories was that led to your success? I'm currently struggling with knowing where to set mine at.
  • gabcaron
    gabcaron Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job!
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    As always friend your amazing and truly inspiring! I'm happy you finally posted this to help motivated others like you did me! You're dedication is remarkable. Xoxo
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - you look 30 years younger and you look like a different person. Throw out all the old clothes and start wearing tight belts - when the notches go up you know it is time to reign in the eating. That way you never get too dar from your maintenance weight.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I want your arms!
  • Autumn_P
    Autumn_P Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation! So inspiring.
  • anitaplus4
    anitaplus4 Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing!! Great job.
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Really good work.
  • jdforshort
    jdforshort Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Oh my Lord! what a fantastic change!
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

you look gorgeous!!!

congrats on all your hard work
  • pamwhite712
    pamwhite712 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    WOW that's amazing.
    And you have GREAT arms.
  • JO4IT
    JO4IT Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Arrrrgggh! You look awesome!
  • Michshellars
    Options
    Looking great! Congrats!!! :happy:
  • mo0427
    mo0427 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You're inspiring!
  • Shas2228
    Shas2228 Posts: 187
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing!!!! Thanks for sharing :-)