Whats for supper at your place ?

Options
hey i am trying to eat healthy but still eat proper for my weight requirement for pregnacy im 11 weeks but i also have a family to keep happy and healthy too . but i dont really know what healthy really is any more some people say you can have to much meat or to much pasta but what should the portions really be ???so i was wondering what are you guys having for supper in your homes tonight ? what do you do for your portions meat noodle and vegetable ??? whats your idea of a proper family meal
id love for you to share some healthy recipes

Replies

• jorasims
    jorasims Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    We are having Crockpot Buffalo chicken with corn and potatoes! I believe there is a recipe section on here where members post their recipes.
  • nornyb
    nornyb Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Pot roast, carrots, parsnips and mashed potatoes......I won't eat a lot of the potatoes, but the kids love them. My motto is everything in moderation but I try to stick to lean proteins and lots of veggies.
  • LisaLamb1
    LisaLamb1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Home made meat balls (2 for me) with Classico Marinara sauce on 1/2 a whole wheat baguette, with 1/8 of a cup of light shredded mozza - can't wait!
  • sydneyaw
    sydneyaw Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Chili. My mom makes chili and its just soooo good.
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    pinto beans and cornbread
  • thedescentofhope
    thedescentofhope Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Pork loin chops that I marinated for 24 hours with whole meal brown rice.

Marinade made up of a little brown sugar, lemon juice, light soy sauce, fresh garlic & hickory smoked sauce.

Delicious & low calories!
  • valerieobrien13
    valerieobrien13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm having a lean grilled steak, a rainbow sushi roll and some spaghetti squash!
  • pbajwally
    pbajwally Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Tonight is homemade turkey noodle soup (frozen turkey leftover from Thanksgiving, with homemade soup stock made from the bones) and homemade bread (made with just flour, salt, yeast & water) - AMAZING. Warm, comforting, low calories and still delicious.

As to how I cook for my family - there is nothing I don't make. But I enter everything I DO make, into MFP's recipes and it figures it all out. If it's a little higher in calories, I eat a smaller portion. I don't deprive myself of anything and between my husband and myself, we've lost 100 lbs in the last 8 months... plus we're setting a good example for our two boys.
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if kids would like this, but I made it for the first time tonight, and it was delicious! Depending on your numbers, it's little calorie heavy b/c of the peanut butter, but the recipe makes quite a few servings, is super filling, and is sooo tasty. Plus it's different-- a good way to shake things up.

http://theveganstoner.blogspot.com/2011/07/peanut-stew.html
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Pork roast (boston butt cause we like fatty meats, they satisfy longer than lean cuts...) done in the crock pot.

Brussel sprouts boiled, then sauteed in butter & garlic.

Husband will have rice, I'm grain and gluten and processed food free, so i fill up on veggies and fats. Raised my kids that way too. It is surprising how unhealthy pasta, bread, etc. is, so we stick with proteins and veggies. :-)

Have a great day :-)
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    We had a baked Buffalo Chicken served with Alexia Seasoned Waffle Fries, celery and carrot sticks along with a dipping sauce made out of Fage 0 % Greek Yougurt, and amish blue cheese crumbles.
  • Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Quinoa with caramelized onions, zucchini, peas and parmigiana cheese. It is super simple and nummy.

Cook 1 cup quinoa in 2 cups veggie broth in one saucepan . In a skillet -caramelize 2 med sweet onions in 1 tbsp pf evoo, add 2 med zucchini that are diced and cook till the zucchinni are almost done then add in 2 cups of defrosted peas. Mix the cooked quinoa into the veggies. Serve with some grated cheese and a couple grinds of black pepper.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I am trying a new recipe tonight. It is chicken breast covered in hummus. It is supposed to come out like fried chicken even though it is baked. If it is good I will post the recipe. I will know in about 30 minutes.
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Tonight I am making Halibut Roasted with Red Bell Peppers, Onions, and Russet Potatoes!!!
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    we ate a large salad with stewed chicken. And sauteed onions and zuchinni squash.
  • 30ismyyear
    30ismyyear Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm having taco salad :) Super yummy, well-balanced, lots of veggies :) I'm excited!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I had baked beans with paneer. It was a 'well let's just throw these random foods together' but it tasted good!
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    We are having steak with rice and salad.
  • cathyfowler662
    cathyfowler662 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    We are having a roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, and peas. My son is home from college this weekend and he picked all of the meals. Last night we had tacos (hamburger meat with potatoes baked in the oven) and Spanish rice.