OK... Let's Just Talk About It....

Options

Replies

• angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    i couldnt imagine logging sex in just so i could shovel more food into my mouth.

ugh.. gross.

Oh and for the negativity...That's a real b*tch thing to say. You have no idea who this girl is or what she's doing. Think before you speak babe...You'll come across much more intelligent. When you become the face of perfection, make sure you post a Success Stories thread....I can't wait to read it.
  • fatalis_vox
    fatalis_vox Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i couldnt imagine logging sex in just so i could shovel more food into my mouth.

ugh.. gross.

Oh and for the negativity...That's a real b*tch thing to say. You have no idea who this girl is or what she's doing. Think before you speak babe...You'll come across much more intelligent. When you become the face of perfection, make sure you post a Success Stories thread....I can't wait to read it.

^^ That.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    If you log everything, log everything. Don't let people get you down by thinking that it's an excuse to "shovel food into your mouth." That's just unnecessarily rude.

Let's face it. We all work out so we can eat more of what we want. That's the way it works. We want to he healthy, we want to be beautiful, we want to eat pizza and chocolate or whatever else we like. Don't let people judge you--They have absolutely no right.

As far as the number of calories burned, I don't know. What I usually do is I compare heartrate. When I'm lifting weights or doing some other strength training, I'll make a note of my heartrate and compare it to what my heartrate is when I'm running. Then I measure the workout as "x-minutes of running xmph" or whatever. So if your partner is willing to put up with a bit of a pause, I'd try to stop in the middle of things and take your heartrate, then do some jogging or speedwalking, or whatever cardio you prefer, and find what matches that heartrate.

If, you know, you can remember to stop. Otherwise, pun completely intended, you're just boned.

Nope. No. and Not exactly

1. Logging everything is going to get you in trouble. Daily activities are built into the system and even if you set yourself as sedentary you still don't get to log every motion that you make during the day. Well you can, but it's to your detriment.

2. A lot of people may do it that way, but I don't exercise for food. I workout to get in shape and achieve some sort of fitness goal for myself. My food and my workouts are NOT linked. If i want to have pizza today, I have pizza and if I'm in the red then so be it. I won't go for a 30 min walk so it fits. Food is not a reward for exercise, fitness is.

3. I was thiiiiiiis close to getting into an accident at high speed on the 405 the other day. My heart was racing for the rest of the drive. Do I get to log that burn like jogging? Heart rate and cals burned are not linked as closely as people on this site believe.

That''s it for the serious stuff. Let's get back to the fun gifs.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    And here I was thinking exercise was about improving health, fitness and overall wellbeing!

It is. But the purpose of logging it (on the website we're all using) is so you can eat enough to keep your body ticking over while still being at a deficit. Logging sex is just silly as it was part of your life before and it's part of your life after. It doesn't affect weight loss.

Should we log washing the dishes? Walking from the first floor to the second? Stuff like that is part of your normal energy expenditure. (And no one flight of stairs shouldn't be logged. I remember how hard it was at 300lbs but it doesn't make it exercise)
  • angelams1019
    Options
    Let's face it. We all work out so we can eat more of what we want. That's the way it works. We want to he healthy, we want to be beautiful, we want to eat pizza and chocolate or whatever else we like. Don't let people judge you--They have absolutely no right.

2. A lot of people may do it that way, but I don't exercise for food. I workout to get in shape and achieve some sort of fitness goal for myself. My food and my workouts are NOT linked. If i want to have pizza today, I have pizza and if I'm in the red then so be it. I won't go for a 30 min walk so it fits. Food is not a reward for exercise, fitness is.

Yep.
  • tricelive
    tricelive Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Per Shine Magazine, 230 calories per ten minutes. I looked it up the other day. I thought hey I should be tracking this.
    ..Why is everyone so sensitive about sex ? People log, shopping, cleaning, etc.... I don't log exercise so I can eat more food. I log exercise to see how many calories I burned to track how many pounds I should lose that week.....
  • angelams1019
    Options
    And here I was thinking exercise was about improving health, fitness and overall wellbeing!

It is. But the purpose of logging it (on the website we're all using) is so you can eat enough to keep your body ticking over while still being at a deficit. Logging sex is just silly as it was part of your life before and it's part of your life after. It doesn't affect weight loss.

Should we log washing the dishes? Walking from the first floor to the second? Stuff like that is part of your normal energy expenditure. (And no one flight of stairs shouldn't be logged. I remember how hard it was at 300lbs but it doesn't make it exercise)

I don't think it has anything to do with whether or not it was a part of her life before and after weight loss. Running could be a part of someone's life before and after weight loss but that would still be appropriate to log.

I just think it doesn't need to be logged because these are just estimates which means they aren't accurate for everyone. If she starts logging her every move, most likely its going to give her the impression that she has burned a lot more extra calories for the day than she actually has which means if she DOES eat back her calories, she could end up eating more calories than she's burning, which is obviously the opposite of what we want.

You have enough to worry about with your weight loss journey- Don't bring sex into it and turn it into something its not. Sex should be amazing and fun and carefree and relaxing and a TON of other adjectives....ENJOY IT and don't tarnish it with thoughts of calories! :drinker:

If you REALLY want a more accurate report of your calories throughout the day, consider getting the BodyBugg or whatever other gadgets they have out there these days.
  • DL21Smith
    DL21Smith Posts: 27 Member
    Options

ugh.. gross.

costanza-food-and-sex.gif

HAHA!!!
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    That''s it for the serious stuff. Let's get back to the fun gifs.

But I'm scared now.

archer-403-car1.gif
  • DavPul
    Options
    Should I log it if I'm alone when it happens?

jacking_zpsd1084491.gif
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I'm very much a each to their own type but...if your logging sex, what else are you gonna start logging, housework, toilet trips, driving, standing, breathing, picking your nose? Y'know where does the line get drawn? What happenedc to just adding good old fashioned workouts? Maybe I'm getting old I dunno?
  • lorindaleigh
    lorindaleigh Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    The point of adding exercise is to allow yourself to eat more food. Nothing else.

So if you're trying to add exercise calories from sex it's for eating more.

It's irrelevant and should be counted as part of your daily allowance.

That's completely false! Maybe the point of adding exercise for you is more food. For me and many others its about accountability and goals. I want to see how many minutes I did and calories I burned for the week. I want to set a goal and try to reach it. Its a little fun contest for myself. I never intentionally eat back exercise calories and I track all my exercise.
  • Troublemonster
    Troublemonster Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I don't log sex or other daily activities but I LOVE that some of you people seem to be Archer fans!
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I don't log sex or other daily activities but I LOVE that some of you people seem to be Archer fans!

Pam is my spirit animal.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    That's completely false! Maybe the point of adding exercise for you is more food. For me and many others its about accountability and goals. I want to see how many minutes I did and calories I burned for the week. I want to set a goal and try to reach it. Its a little fun contest for myself. I never intentionally eat back exercise calories and I track all my exercise.

The point of this SITE and its tracking app is to log exercise to add more food.

Honestly the people I see advocating this have never lost much. Or stuck with it long. The point of adding exercise calories of MFP is to eat more. That's how their calculator us set up and why you'd be logging calories burnt. (You'll see I often have a walk to work set at 1 calories. It's done twice daily and after two years as a calorie burning exercise is useless. I add it to track exercise but not calories)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

The point of this SITE and its tracking app is to log exercise to add more food.

Honestly the people I see advocating this have never lost much. Or stuck with it long. The point of adding exercise calories of MFP is to eat more. That's how their calculator us set up and why you'd be logging calories burnt. (You'll see I often have a walk to work set at 1 calories. It's done twice daily and after two years as a calorie burning exercise is useless. I add it to track exercise but not calories)

There are many many many people here who have lost a lot of weight following MFP's plan.
    It's simply a way of accounting for exercise to make sure you are eating enough and not in too large of a deficit.
    Many other formulas account for exercise as well, simply in a different way, like the popular IPOARM. Most nutritionists you go to will account for exercise and give you a larger daily calorie goal.
    I follow MFP, I "eat back" some or most of my exercise calories. I exercise to reach my fitness goals, not to eat more. I eat more to fuel my body and to keep a moderate deficit. You may not consider my 30lbs or much, but I know for a fact there are many others who have lost more.

Do whatever you want but please don't insult those who choose to do it differently than you.
  • Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options

ugh.. gross.

B i t c h.
  • DavPul
    Options

While i do advocate that people eat back their exercise calories, the point of exercise is NOT so that we can eat more food.
  • 6size6
    6size6 Posts: 10
    Options
    Well, exercise isn't really about shoveling food now, is it? This is more about exercise that's fun.

I agree!!!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options

While i do advocate that people eat back their exercise calories, the point of exercise is NOT so that we can eat more food.

yeah, what Dave said.