What do you do for a living?

Options

Replies

• Kgholli
    Kgholli Posts: 27
    Options
    Bingo Caller- Legs Eleven

I am the promoter of three different bingos, as well as the secretary of our Local Meals on Wheels.
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    911 dispatcher
  • subconscious_ink
    subconscious_ink Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    In college (taking a semester off due to financial and health reasons) and trying to figure out my major. This thread might actually be helpful on that front :)
  • Akdn
    Akdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welder / Fabricator
  • 1Whitchick
    Options
    This is fascinating. Lots of interesting folks on here. I'm a mostly stay at home mom of 3 & 4 year old girls (read BUSY), on-site apartment complex manager, Independent Product Consultant for doTERRA essential oils, and just launching a natural health home-based business with my hubby. Love ALL 4 jobs! Amazed and thankful that I still have time to sit and read posts on a chit-chat, fun and games thread!
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Us army recruiter...before that worked on all the electronics and optics inside tanks...officially.

"Officially", eh? I would ask for more details, but I am afraid you would have to kill me. :huh:
  • Ready2Serve
    Ready2Serve Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm a mortuary affairs officer for the Army. I get to take care of all the fallen ones. Very depressing job, but very rewarding at the end. I get to send them home looking their best!

As a prior Army Medic, Thanks for making them look the best you can for thier families. I am sure it means a world to them.
  • Becky388
    Becky388 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Self-employed wildlife artist, aka taxidermist. Also do some web design.
  • highheeldiva01
    highheeldiva01 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    co teacher in the one year old room at a daycare
  • shannyfro
    shannyfro Posts: 641
    Options
    Worship Pastor
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I was a Phlebotomist at Red Cross, and am currently going to school part time for nursing, all the while working at Portneuf Medical Center in the Patient Float Pool. I <3 the medical field.
  • Ready2Serve
    Ready2Serve Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am a paramedic, who currently works in a hospital doing outreach to ambulance personnel. I also help manage(Medical Officer) a regional US&R (Urban Search & Rescue) Team/ Hazmat Response Team.
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    IT manager / senior field service technician for a mailing equipment sales and service company.

In a previous life, I taught computers, networking, and electronics for a national technology training school at their Louisville campus, and did IT consulting and LAN installation/management on the side ... kind of how I got to my current job. The owner swears that after I set up their network, I made it so that he would HAVE to hire me ...

Prior to that, a nuclear trained electrician on Navy submarines.

I STILL don't know what I want to do when I grow up, but it might have something to do with a catering business ...

ETA: I like my current job, but I can't say that I love it like I used to ... 40K miles of windshield time per year kind of wears on you ...
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'm a mortuary affairs officer for the Army. I get to take care of all the fallen ones. Very depressing job, but very rewarding at the end. I get to send them home looking their best!

That must be hard. Kudos, and good for you :)
  • cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I am a Food Service Director. I am employed by a local food service management company to manage the lunch program at a local school. I LOVE my job!!! Everyday is different and working with kids is very fun.
  • cola1988
    Options
    I run a home based daycare. I have 2 kids of my own that are now 12 and 15 and have been doing daycare for 15 years. I am currently watching a 1 yr old, 3- 2 yr olds and 2- 3 yr olds. Very demanding day to say the least. I start at 730am and do not stop until 530pm. There are days I wish I had a lunch hour or breaks!!
  • Maaarkk
    Maaarkk Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Gigolo
  • cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    It takes a special breed of person to do daycare and I'm glad you are one of them. Not a job for me. Cola1988
  • beautifulbeast11
    beautifulbeast11 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Parent Educator/Case Worker for Teen Moms
  • michaela4910
    michaela4910 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am a part time teaching pastor, I develop a few web sites and I am a full time restaurant manager.