Replies

• Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Well this post just upsets me. Why? cause i am not getting any LOL:grumble:
  • binknbaby
    binknbaby Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    This is funny to me. My boyfriend and I started tracking on here at the same time. We both want to be healthy, loose a little weight, and be fitter. Once you start paying attention to what your body is doing, this seems like a natural question. He bought a heart rate monitor, and the second thing he said to me about it was: "Can I wear it during sex!?"

We are both scientists we wanted to know; how many calories do I burn on top, how many calories do you burn on top, how many calories do we burn standing up in the shower? These seemed like perfectly natural questions to me.

When you've completed your research, will you post the results? I know a lot of people who would be interested. :laugh:

Same goes for house cleaning, if it makes you sweat...It's good and it should count.

That's actually a good rule of thumb, I think. I mean, I clean every day--but I don't scrub the floors (and I do SCRUB the floors, on hands and knees) every day, so when I do, I log it as "cleaning", but even if I think it might be "vigorous", I only log the "light", because it's more about the actual work my body is doing and making sure that I'm using various muscle groups, than it is about eating back calories. I very rarely do that. If my body tells me I'm hungry after a workout, sure I'll eat back *some*, but hardly ever do I actually eat back all of my calories.

I climb stairs multiple times a day, because we're on a second floor apartment. But I don't log "stair-climbing" every time. I include that in my activity level, along with wrestling with children (though it would be hilarious to see that on the database!), carrying a toddler (up and down those same stairs), vacuuming, folding laundry, etc. But even though I don't have sex every day, I don't think I would log it, just because I'm not sure exactly how to calculate the actual effort that I, personally, put into the activity. I'd just consider it a "bonus". In a few ways. :wink:

Point being, not everyone logs just so they can eat. For some of us, it's about self-accountability and seeing what your body is actually doing. Making sure that you're doing something every day to make yourself stronger, and to be more active, more fit. It's not necessarily "just" about being able to eat more or "tricking" the system to let yourself gorge. I think for a lot of people, this site is a way to be more self-aware and conscious with what we put into our bodies--and what we exert as well. Sure, taking a quick walk around the block for 10 mins may only "earn" me 60 cals, but that's not important to me. What's important is that I moved and I was active, and did something that was not part of my daily routine.
  • Kadesha72
    Kadesha72 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Some of these responses are cracking me up!!! :laugh: As for the negative comments...some people do it more often than what would be considered daily allowance! Geez! Maybe her man can go longer than most of ours, and if you're doing the deed for hours, it definately should be logged!!! :laugh:

HAHA. That's right... maybe!!
  • Kadesha72
    Options
    I thought this would be a fun topic, but of course *****y people must throw in their 2 cents!!! But I appreciate the positive responses and the actual helpful ones!!

I do not log things that happen every day, or take no effort when I do them, like washing dishes or vacuuming or whatever... but as I guess I'm not so cool as to have vigorous sex every day that leaves me in a sweaty heap, then I think its perfectly cool to count that... on days its just regular sex, then no... I'm old, he's old, we're tired after working all day... so no... it isn't every day at all...

I also don't exercise to earn more "shoveling of food" you righteous *****.... I exercise because it makes my body feel and look better, not to mention the energy bonus for the rest of the day. Maybe YOU should have MORE sex, or better sex? Loosen up. Jeez.
  • nevmarchant
    Options
    reposted. wrong reply. lol
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I used to log it (and it's the reason why I made my exercise notifications private for my friends list :laugh: ) but I wouldn't bother anymore. I can see if it's particularly strenuous, or if it lasts 45+ minutes at a decent->high intensity. But otherwise, nah.
  • Kadesha72
    Options
    http://www.mydr.com.au/tools/calories-burned-calculator

If you're in the US, you'll have to convert your weight to kilograms and your height to centimetres, but it does have three different options for sex: light, moderate or vigorous effort.

Using my stats (168cm, 70.9kg), light effort for 15 mins equated to a 16 calorie burn, moderate effort equated to a 21 calorie burn and vigorous effort equated to a 24 calorie burn.

24 over 15 mins calories during vigorous? They aren't doing it right.

hahahahaha. Exactly.
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Sex is part of my daily activity level and that's already accounted for in MFP's calculations, ...

Well, go you!

And wow to the people logging 45 minute sessions! <sigh> I remember those days....
  • nevmarchant
    Options
    The point of adding exercise is to allow yourself to eat more food. Nothing else.

So if you're trying to add exercise calories from sex it's for eating more.

It's irrelevant and should be counted as part of your daily allowance.

the point of adding exercise is to build up your cardiovascular system, strengthen your heart, increase your lung capacity, gain muscles so you can stand up for longer than five minutes and carry your own groceries, get up from the couch without looking like a flopping whale out of water and sit down on the toilet and get up again without having to hold on to the sink. The point is to burn fat not lean muscle tissue, to strengthen your skeletal system, to prolong your life, to give you more energy, to make you healthy and fit.to give you the explosive capacity to run away from a crazy man wielding a knife. If the only reason you exercise is to shovel more food in, you need to re-examine your relationship with food. Eating back your exercise calories is only advised on MFP and I have never heard anyone anywhere else advise people to do that.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    [slowly backing out of this thread]
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    How many calories are needed to lay back and think about your country? :laugh:
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    If sex burned enough calories to log, I'd be Kenna Shell.

And how YOU doin? :laugh:
  • rikkeeroos
    Options
    I noticed a great activity not listed in the cardio area, and so I Googled to see if I could find the information... so now I'm putting it to you guys...

Sex. I've found anything from 100 calories burned to 300 (15 minutes is the time I've used... cause let's face it, I'm overweight and by the end of 15 minutes I feel like I've run a marathon).... On my tracker, I've just been guessing and putting "aerobics" and the time... but I'm curious... what's the concensus out there??

How many calories are burned with good enjoyable sex? (at least 15 minutes)
    Are your clothes going ot fit better because you log sex or do you just want everybody to know that you are getting some? You can log whatever you want to, but if it is not really helping you achieve your goals what difference does it make? I was having sex when I weighed well over 300 lbs. Logging my sexual activity is not what helped me lose 100 lbs. Besides, the sandwich afterwards pretty much offsets any calories burned.
  • Lacey_Cakes
    Lacey_Cakes Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Per Shine Magazine, 230 calories per ten minutes. I looked it up the other day. I thought hey I should be tracking this.
    ..Why is everyone so sensitive about sex ? People log, shopping, cleaning, etc.... I don't log exercise so I can eat more food. I log exercise to see how many calories I burned to track how many pounds I should lose that week.....

agreed.