What do you do for a living?

Options

Replies

• Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I sell & supply soccer uniforms for various clubs & institutions.
  • gregre04
    Options
    I am a warehouse selector for a sporting goods company.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I'm a Registered Nurse on a mental health & chemical addictions unit. Do I love it or hate it? Depends on the day :-) It's never boring...

Whoa! I thought long term care was challenging...
  • LesleeAH
    Options
    I'm a journalist at two regional newspapers, but I can't see it being that way forever.
    Looking through here, there are a lot of really impressive careers going on!
  • stormtruck2
    stormtruck2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Correctional Officer for the State of Iowa, working the special needs units AKA The Nut Hut. Past life careers, US Navy 78-84, Truck Driver 84-86, Stock Broker/ Insurance RIA 86-94 College 94-99 Owned Trucking Company 99-03. Worked US Treasuary 03-06 Truck Driver Solo 06-09 Correctional Officer 09 to Current. Only have 14 more years on my sentence then I can retire.

Any monies made go to support my Moto Guzzi habit.

My life though is my wife Lorraine. She is what I live for.
  • 2012Sonya
    2012Sonya Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I work in radiology for a rehabilitation hospital.
  • Nurseblondy
    Options
    Student nurse, one year until I complete my BSN :)
  • sundog10
    sundog10 Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Day trading emini futures on the S&P 500. its stressful, and you need to handle losing money some days but I love what i do.
  • rcadams97
    rcadams97 Posts: 106
    Options
    U.S. Air Force. I work in Vehicle Management as a Vehicle Management Analysis.
  • SDHudgins1976
    Options
    Music Teacher/ Assistant Band Director

Really like it most days....

Hoping to become just a band director again soon :D
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I work for one of Americas worst known cable companies and my job consists of getting death threats and getting called every name in the book because some schmucks internet isn't working right.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I'm a full-time Masters student. I get paid 0$ for all my hard work, but it is definitely akin to a full-time job. Ultimate goal is to be a professor.
  • simplysera
    simplysera Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    me too a stay at home mommy for a while. Yeah pay is pathetic..bt i m luvng d job
  • BarretScarbrough
    BarretScarbrough Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Electronics Engineering Technician
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I work at an investment bank as a regulatory business analyst. Interesting time with all the regulatory change in the banking industry.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    me too a stay at home mommy for a while. Yeah pay is pathetic..bt i m luvng d job

I was a stay at home mom for a long time. Might be one again if my boss doesn't respond to my email soon. Anywho...it's not pathetic. It's one of the hardest jobs I have ever had in my life. There are no sick days, no vacation pay, no lunch breaks. Hell half the time if I wanted to eat my entire lunch and chew it I had to either hide, or wait until the kids napped. 99% of the time I didn't get a shower until Daddy came home from work and took over for me. I have a special needs child so I was always on the go. I am even busier now that I took a part time job and still have to do all the mommy stuff when I'm not at work, but at least when I go to work I can sit down and breathe for a few seconds in between calls.

I just realized you said that the pay is pathetic. I first read it as you were saying the job itself was pathetic. *head desk* =)
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I am a receptionist for a doctors office/urgent care center.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    dance instructor.
  • nikkilynne59
    nikkilynne59 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Right now on mat leave, Love staying at home with my daughter , I don't know how I will be able to go back to work after a year, but I'm a banker its ok but after 6 years I think a change might be in order.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I am a Q! No, it has nothing to do with James Bond. haha Are there any others out there?

QDDP- Qualified Developmental Disability Professional, formerly QMRP, Qualified Mental Retardation Professional.

I've been one since October 1, 2012. I had never heard of this job title before and knew nothing about it, but met the qualifications. I really like my job, but the stress of the learning curve is tough right now. I'm doing better at the job than I was, but I still have an enormous amount to learn. The people are wonderful individuals. There is never a dull moment. No two days are ever the same.

NAQ - The National Association of Qualified Developmental Disability Professionals states that two of our duties are:

-The QDDP/QMRP observes individuals, reviews data and progress, and revises programs based on individual need and performance.
    -The QDDP/QMRP ensures that any discrepancies or conflicts between programmatic, medical, dietary, and vocational aspects of the individual’s assessment and program are resolved.