DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    EATING A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF FOOD ON A DAILY BASIS IS A GOOD IDEA

myth or fact?
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    INORITE?

At first glance, I could have sworn there was a "G" in that word.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Im sorry but i cant beilve in it i just cant, I mean, some people did a study, on some men and their metabs slowed down but they never stopped losing, yes it slowed down and know everyone thinks oh they have a deep fear into going into starvation mode i think its ridic, Iv come to realize weither your eating less or more -weight will do what it wants, and thats it, If your eating 1200 calories yes your metab might slow, but never stop wow ha, and if your eating lets say 1900 or 1500 it could still slow, and you could stop losing weight on that also and than the weightloss picks up again, weight is tricky, But i cant beilve in this starvation mode, people who get bypass surgery. do they eat more calories no people who are starving in this world unfortunately yes it is very very sad iv never seen a big starving person have you and have you ever seen someone not lose weight EVENTUALLY EVENTUALLY on a low calorie diet, Cuz i havnt , what people need to realize is long term goals, IF you eat 1200 calories and expect to lose weight in a few weeks and get to goal no it wont work like that it takes a Long time. for me i dont stick to 1 calorie but i always make sure im in a deficant, so who truly beilves in starvation mode and who doesnt, ????????

Starvation mode exists but many people have the facts wrong. Just look at aneroxia symptoms... If you are not eating at least your BMR eventually you will begin losing more muscle than fat (even seen a toned aneroexic?) , then you will start seeing outward effects on skin hair and nails, then in prolonged extreme deficit your vital organs will begin to shut down. then Death. After death you even keep losing weight... the symptoms might take longer to develop in someone who has a BMR of 1400 and regurarly eats 800 calories but they will eventually get there.
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I don't know what a deficant is but I'm fairly sure that I don't want to be in one.

That'd be a crappy situation, for sure.

A total stinkfest.
  • Beautifulsoull
    Options
    Simple, Eat when your hungry.....Your body will have its days when its not as hungry as other days. I'm 230.2 at 5'7 and I can't push myself to eat over 1500 a day. I add in a lot of veggies, fiber, and protein. I went from eating 5-6 small meals a day to eating 4 meals a day. I'm still losing. I rather lose it slow then fast. Last time I lost the weight fast, I gained it back plus more without knowing the right tools.
  • imjessly
    imjessly Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    @jojorocksfore Looks like you're at the start of your weight loss journey.

The best advice I can give you is to find a way you can do this that is sustainable for you. Eat well and exercise and you won't need to get bogged down in stuff like this.

I suggest you have a read of Helloitsdans thread, lots of valuable info for people starting out, and it works.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    i heer u girl sumtimes i think ppl just make excusez for bein fat u no but really there were def studiez so it duz exist just not at 1200 calories 4ever and ever together forever and never to part together forever we two and don't you know i would move heaven and earth to be together forever with food. whadya think?????

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREimF0NgIvH-N92cFu_3ti2ukKUvp98x0C2ieUjdR58-CH0qOD7g
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Simple, Eat when your hungry.....

This may work for you. It's called intuitive eating. Not for me and not for many others. If I did this, I would be eating all the time. My body always thinks it's hungry. My TDEE is around 2500. I can easily eat 3200 by just eating when I'm hungry. The data on intutive eating does not indicate any advantage and a disadvantage for some. It is litterally how I ended up 20 lbs over my ideal weight.
  • Beautifulsoull
    Options
    1200 calories 4ever and ever together forever and never to part together forever we two

Having a hard time understanding this part.
  • Beautifulsoull
    Options

This may work for you. It's called intuitive eating. Not for me and not for many others. If I did this, I would be eating all the time. My body always thinks it's hungry. My TDEE is around 2500. I can easily eat 3200 by just eating when I'm hungry. The data on intutive eating does not indicate any advantage and a disadvantage for some. It is litterally how I ended up 20 lbs over my ideal weight.

Very true. I just eat when I'm hungry. I know some people that will make themselves eat just to reach their calorie intake. I know some people needs a lot more calories then most.
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    i heer u girl sumtimes i think ppl just make excusez for bein fat u no but really there were def studiez so it duz exist just not at 1200 calories 4ever and ever together forever and never to part together forever we two and don't you know i would move heaven and earth to be together forever with food. whadya think?????

I like you.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Very true. I just eat when I'm hungry. I know some people that will make themselves eat just to reach their calorie intake. I know some people needs a lot more calories then most.

Doesn't work for me either. I have a tendency to overeat and do the whole eating when stressed or bored...so...measuring out and logging works best for me because of how I am.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

Rick'n'roll gurl.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Also..you've been active on the forums since September and you've gotten a lot of good advice over the past months but...then you post this and I couldn't help but wonder why.

Although you haven't logged anything for awhile that I saw that your calorie goal is 1000???
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I noticed the lack of logging in your diary too. What gives?
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I noticed the lack of logging in your diary too. What gives?

Starvation mode perhaps? This thread was daunting to read.
  • nogoldilocs
    nogoldilocs Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    1200 calories 4ever and ever together forever and never to part together forever we two

Having a hard time understanding this part.

What ever happened to Rick "Never Gonna Give You Up" Astley?
  • starla5881
    starla5881 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    It's official, food and I are gonna be together forever. You're all invited to the wedding.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Are you following the road map? Eating between your BMR and TDEE? Why aren't you logging? Do you really want to lose weight or just continue to talk about the prospects of it for months and months? These are questions you need to ask yourself.

Thinking and talking about doing it is not the same as actually doing it.
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I can tell you from experience - eating 1500 calories a day, burning 700-800 a day and still not losing - because I wasn't giving my body the proper calories it needed to survive. I'm now eating 1900-2000 a day (much happier by the way) and losing.

Also - if you could eat more than 1200-1500 calories a day and STILL LOSE WEIGHT why wouldn't you want to????