Embarrassing Food

Options

Replies

• mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Im addicted to ranch dip (the sour cream and hidden valley ranch packet) and salty tortilla chips!! Although i now substitute the sour cream for 6oz of fat free greek yogurt so its only a little over 100 calories for the dip but i cant give up the tortilla chips! So as long as they fit in my calories im good to go. I also cant give up light ranch dressing. Im really addicted to ranch anything. Esp pizza dipped in ranch!! Yum!!
  • jks3382
    Options
    Yes, Ranch for sure!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything embarrassing per se but some people get on me about the fact that I eat wild meat on a regular basis. I don't really think it's any of their business. Almost everyone eats wild meat where I live, whether they know it or not (that chili you are eating at someone else's house is probably elk around here). I don't care though. I have assessed the morality, ecological, cost, and health benefits and feel it comes out ahead of 95% of commercially processed meat on all the aforementioned criteria.
  • Shampres
    Shampres Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Totino's Party PIzza.
  • Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My Peanut Butter & Chocolate Smoothie from Jugo Juice (soo much sugar)
    Beeer

Anything after 8pm because it's usually popcorn, chips, or alcohol :laugh:
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    Nothing. It's food. I never have been nor will be embarassed.

^^This.

It did make me mad once when somebody critiqued my diary without my asking, telling me I eat too much processed food. 1. I didn't ask for your "expert" advice, 2. If you're not going to look at the big picture, you don't know how this works, and 3. I'm realistic, I don't consider ANY food to be "off limits" as long as it fits within my goals.

Exactly! :smile:
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Bacon dipped in mayo. Haven't eaten it in ages, though. Or pork chops and mayo, steak and mayo, chicken and mayo...

I think you need to go to MA....Mayo Anon. You have a mayo addiction.

j/k btw. I saw your post and couldn't resist.
  • babymaddux
    babymaddux Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Spoonful of peanut butter washed down with a spoonful of jelly. Repeat 3-5 times.

swap the jelly for nutella :embarassed:
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    The cherry pie pockets with the crunch sugar glaze, like the ones Hostess (RIP) used to make. There's a brand that makes them with an even THICKER crust.. OMG, Hydrogenated vegetable oil, sugar, salt and flour in JUST the right combination of deliciousness.

ONE little pie has 480 calories, and ZERO redeeming qualities. It's just an incredibly embarrassing thing to have to add to my food diary. In the past two months I've slipped up and had one of these death pies.. I couldn't bring myself to add it to my diary.. I just did quick add the calories.

The WORST thing is I'm sensitive to wheat and I was sick for two days after eating the pie.. and even KNOWING that I'd be sick, I STILL ATE THE FREAKING PIE.. the allure is just that strong.
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i am never embarrassed about what i put in my diary. but sometimes i may change the order in which i eat something. i may list it as a snack ot split it up with lunch and dinner to make it not look so bad. a lady did look at my diary and ask me if i ate 34 pickle chips. heck yeah i did. im a pickle person!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone should be embarrassed of what they eat, no matter what it is.
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Cupcakes with buttercream frosting............ like a dozen. Ohhhh yeahhhh.
  • fitnessfoodtravel
    fitnessfoodtravel Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    For me, it is not so much the food, as the quantity; a whole bag of Food Should Taste Good Sweet Potato Chips and a Whole Foods power cookie with half a growler of beer.
  • murphinchina
    Options
    How about spoonsful of icing, straight out of the can? Wow... how sad. The truly correct grammar for multiple spoons full of something IS in fact "spoonsful". However Spellcheck corrects it to the spoken, but incorrect "spoonfuls".
  • tinajean141
    Options
    I always sigh when I have to put in ice cream or oil popped popcorn. Especially when I have open access to an air popper, but when someone in my family brings home movie theater popcorn, I find it hard to resist! And ice cream....well....it's ice cream. lol
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Nutella. 2 tbsp in my smoothie. Or sometimes I just eat it right out of the spoon!

I also log the alcoholic drinks I have. I only drink once a week (If anything). But I must say, I am a bit offended when MFP lists my "popular snacks" as "Southern Comfort, Jack Daniel's, vodka, tequila."

You could create a booze section or log them under water...
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I just ate a Wendy's Combo meal. My bad.
  • lindseym18
    Options
    For me it's Nutella straight from the jar. Or it's licking many spoonfuls of honey :) I have a sweet tooth.
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I must have been half asleep when I posted first...too many crazy typos...

Any time I significantly go over my calorie goal (last Sunday was insane, but right around maintenance).

Before MFP, I would eat half a bag of candy bars while watching TV or on the internet. I never told anyone and it's even difficult to admit to others that I used to do that. I think I've only told my bf and my doc. Neither one freaked out or seemed at all surprised. The amazing thing to me, is that I no longer desire to do that. I can sit with a bag of candy bars beside me and only eat a couple...now Ghiardelli Squares (which are too amazingly delicious to be embarrassed of).
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Cokes. They make me binge on other junk, too. Must avoid the red can. Only embarrassing bc everyone I know knows this is my weakness.