What do you do for a living?

Options

Replies

• ecka723
    ecka723 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm a mortuary affairs officer for the Army. I get to take care of all the fallen ones. Very depressing job, but very rewarding at the end. I get to send them home looking their best!

Thanks for all you do!
  • AshleyV150
    AshleyV150 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Im an RN for a group of doctors in family practice
  • HoneyWh1te
    HoneyWh1te Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I manage a dental laboratory and have 2 small kids :)
    Life certainly is exciting...lol!!
  • highheeldiva01
    highheeldiva01 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Us army recruiter...before that worked on all the electronics and optics inside tanks...officially.

WOW awesome!!!!! love the military!!!!
  • Ploogy
    Ploogy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Attorney working for the "gubment" relating to securities law.
  • highheeldiva01
    Options
    US Navy, E-9, Command Mater Chief/ Jet engine Mechanic

AWESOME!!!! Now that rocks!!!! gotta luv the Navy!!!!
  • BuckeyeBabe10
    BuckeyeBabe10 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    collegiate athletics sponsorships
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Stay at home mom, full time culinary student, and I own a small home jewelry business.
  • NatalieSkywalker
    NatalieSkywalker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am a qualified web and graphic designer but I teach English to school children aged 4-8 in Thailand.
  • highheeldiva01
    Options
    Former Private Investigator, Corrections Officer, and now Police Officer - 16 years.

ummmm WOW that sounds crazy!!!!!
  • brenda_8900
    brenda_8900 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Preschool Teacher and I love it
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I'm a convenience store clerk at a little mom and pop and I love it (well, it's my boyfriend's store, so I guess that kind of makes me the mom). Spent too many years at a corporate management job that helped me get to 360 pounds. (I 'm down 57 pounds since quitting my desk job) I love just going to work now and visiting with my customers, keeping busy around the store with stocking shelves and doing inventory, etc.mostly just NOT sitting on my fat butt all day... then I can just leave at the end of the day with no stress, no worries, no deadlines.

What I don't like about it is that I'm surrounded with junk food. candy, cookies, chips, snack cakes, hot dogs are all within arms reach ALL.DAY.LONG.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    High School Band Director
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I work for an airline as a flight attendant.... Love to travel and see the world so it's the best job..
  • Shara126
    Shara126 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Sales operations for a major healthcare company- I work on service contracts for diagnostic imaging equipment (MR, CT, NM, X-ray etc.)
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I am a Q! No, it has nothing to do with James Bond. haha Are there any others out there?

QDDP- Qualified Developmental Disability Professional, formerly QMRP, Qualified Mental Retardation Professional.

I've been one since October 1, 2012. I had never heard of this job title before and knew nothing about it, but met the qualifications. I really like my job, but the stress of the learning curve is tough right now. I'm doing better at the job than I was, but I still have an enormous amount to learn. The people are wonderful individuals. There is never a dull moment. No two days are ever the same.

NAQ - The National Association of Qualified Developmental Disability Professionals states that two of our duties are:

-The QDDP/QMRP observes individuals, reviews data and progress, and revises programs based on individual need and performance.
    -The QDDP/QMRP ensures that any discrepancies or conflicts between programmatic, medical, dietary, and vocational aspects of the individual’s assessment and program are resolved.

I used to be a QMRP... They always referred to us as "Q"s as well. Suppose it went with the territory. Now, I am a High School Band Director. (Dual Certified)...
  • denaliv53
    Options
    I am a Property Manager at a Senior Community in Mabank, Texas.
  • scordrick
    Options
    Clinical Coordinator for a pharmaceutical benefit company
  • littletrees90
    littletrees90 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    law enforcement dispatcher. I answer 911 lines, give CPR instructions and tell police, fire & ems where to go & what to do.. and I work the swing shift from 4 pm to 2 am. I've been doing this work for 12 years & I love it
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I've worked in accounting, worked at my dad's electronics store, was a leasing agent for subsidized housing, owned a replacement window/remodeling.construction business, went to nursing school and got straight A's but hated it, was an EMT-I and a volunteer firefighter. Now, I'm happily unemployed to spend time with my husband when he's not working and to play with my grandbabies. I'm considering helping out my daughters with their online business, but haven't decided if I want to yet.