amazing, just amazing! :)
  • morgansmom62711
    morgansmom62711 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! You look fantastic!
  • Saliang
    Saliang Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Well done - what a great achievement! You look amazing and I am sure you have more energy and fun these days!
  • thenewleda
    thenewleda Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely AMAZING! I am also 5'2'' and i find it so hard to shrink the stomach area. What exercises did or do you do? And calorie intake?

Thank you! I find it really hard to shrink the stomach too, that is the least toned part of me. I have 2 children so my stomach is just going to be what it is. I have a tailbone injury so there are things I can't do, but in personal training we always would do crunches, planks, lots of ab exercises with the ball. Here is an example I found on youtube to give you an idea of what I'd do on the ball, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-1Y80lH8dI but there were all kinds of things my training had me doing for abs, including TRX.

My regular exercise routine in active weight loss mode consisted of Spinning, Yoga, Cardio Kick, Total Body Sculpt, Personal Training, and running. I was getting a lot of cardio and a lot of strength training in. Now I still do most of those things but have stopped PT recently and don't do yoga as often.

I really am not sure what my calorie intake was for the first 60 pounds but I was focused on portion control and getting in my food groups. I work with a nutritionist at my doctor's office and she had me eating the food pyramid. She did recommend MFP early on but I had done weight watchers before and really was not interested in the "counting". I really hadn't realized what MFP was all about! Anyhow, using MFP is the only thing that has helped me get past that last plateau. My weight had been the same since July but is slowly ticking down again. Part of it is that I am still losing fat and gaining muscle, but the other part is that there still opportunity in my diet.

My MFP calories are set at 1200 and I am not even sure if it is the right number for me. On days that I don't work out I try to be careful and hover around that number, but on the days that I work out, which are most days, then obviously it is higher and much preferred by this girl! I really have to get better about using my food diary - I am so used to eating without using the tool that I often forget to log. But now since I've posted this I have many of you who have added me and I know you are looking for inspiration in my food diary so I have to make sure I am on it!

Thanks again so much everyone for the support and kudos! I am cheering back at all of you. :heart:
  • Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    The day I ran my first 4 miles without stopping...
    9.jpg

Love this pic of your friends supporting you!

Congratulations on your weightloss! You look fab!
  • Oh wow, you look fantastic. So worth the effort, you should be really proud of yourself. :)
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration to all of us and you look fantastic! I can only imagine how you feel looking at those pictures. The last picture of the back of you is amazing. You are so fit and strong looking. I love your muscle definition and your butt looks fantastic!!! Way to go!!!!! I think for sure you need to eat more than the 1200 calories on the days that you are working out (even on the days you aren't). Sometimes you need to adjust and eat up a bit to break that plateau. GREAT JOB!!! Thanks for sharing.
  • thenewleda
    thenewleda Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration to all of us and you look fantastic! I can only imagine how you feel looking at those pictures. The last picture of the back of you is amazing. You are so fit and strong looking. I love your muscle definition and your butt looks fantastic!!! Way to go!!!!! I think for sure you need to eat more than the 1200 calories on the days that you are working out (even on the days you aren't). Sometimes you need to adjust and eat up a bit to break that plateau. GREAT JOB!!! Thanks for sharing.

Wow, thank you so much!

Yeah, on the days I am working out I usually have my allowance go up to 1800. I really need to take my measurements so that I can update my numbers here - it always asks me if I want to when I update my weight and I just need to take the measurements and get it done. I know 1200 for my body and metabolism is just not enough these days - you can always tell when you are not getting enough!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation! You look fantastic! And I love your style... all of your pics are awesome :-)
  • dmort73
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. I'm at the beginning of my weight loss journey and this is a huge inspiration!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!!! Congrats on all your hard work, it has really paid off!:flowerforyou:
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    It was like watching the incredible shrinking woman! Fantastic! I love the picture of and all your girl buddies! Great story!
  • Cadaya
    Cadaya Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • sonjawilliams53
    Options
    Awesome job!!! Pat yourself on the back! You are an inspiration! Keep up the good work! :)
  • chevzchanel
    Options
    wow, so inspiring!!! I want to be like that too!
  • CadensMommy2312
    Options
    Girl, you look amazing! I hope I'm able to loose up to 50 lbs. I just started my diet today. I never stick with a diet, but I've already bought health foods, so now I have to eat them, cause I hate wasting stuff! Great job! And do you have any healthy recipes you'd like to share?
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    You did it all. Your final picture shows a girl who is fit, fashionable. polished...hardly living in a shell. What a transformation! a total transformation. very inspirational. Thanks for posting.
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Congratulations!
  • jadeyq1
    jadeyq1 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Well done you :) x
  • lokalski
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Great job :) Congrats. I just started on here yesterday. My goal is to lose 40 lbs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!