What time in the day do you stop eating?

Options

Replies

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    As a diabetic I eat a bedtime snack. In fact with my weird sleeping habits my dietician set me up with an actual meal around 10 PM and a bedtime snack at 1 AM. I go to sleep around 2 and get up at 11 AM. Gotta love retirement!
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    If I have something between 7-9pm (our family dinner time), then I will not eat before I go to bed. If I don't, then somewhere between 10-midnight I will get hungry and it will distract me from sleep. I don't eat a whole meal--just something that includes a little fat, a little protein. and some fiber.

Also, after dinner cleanup I will have 1-2 cups of black tea unsweetened. I like the palate cleansing affect. And it may (since I have been doing this evening unsweetened black tea thing for several years) have become like a pavlova response: BLACK TEA + NIGHT = NO MORE EATING.

This is my usual. Sometimes things go differently, especially on the weekends with a glass of wine or dessert. Then when I get home and my palate is asking for more sweet, an apertif, some salt-- IF I THINK about having tea before I reach for whatever sugar or salt that is in my immediate thoughts--I can usually exert enough will power to make a cup of unsweetened black tea instead. It is amazing; It deletes/overrides/cancels/neutralizes the desire for another taste of this or that.
  • StefieLou
    StefieLou Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    When the calories are used up, I brush my teeth, and usually turn off all the lights in the kitchen.
    If I feel like I need to eat something else, I usually got for a cup of sleepy time tea
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Just before bed...I hate crumbs on the pillow. Also...I drool in my sleep, that would be a mess.
  • HerculesKlump
    Options
    No set time, I eat whenever I feel like it.
  • HerculesKlump
    Options
    No set time, I eat whenever I feel like it. I would eat in my sleep if I could!
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    When I go to sleep....
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    About 5 - 30 minutes before I go to sleep usually.
  • jeninthed
    jeninthed Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Between 8 and 9 is when I drink my last protein shake and then I am done for the day.
  • paulywoo
    paulywoo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I aim to use the last of my calories between 5-7 when I have dinner.
  • emills1970
    emills1970 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I don't eat after 8pm.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    When I'm asleep is the only time I don't eat.
  • cz52
    cz52 Posts: 7
    Options
    there isnt a time to stop eating...... i used to eat in bed..... unfortunately there is a slight difference in every single human body! and keep in mind ..........its easier to loose or burn calories by exercise but its not easy to gain weight, by this im saying......i used to wanna gain weight before my second child.
  • supermumincanada
    supermumincanada Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    No set time, just when my calories are used up or I'm not humgry. As I like to eat in the evenings I've usually saved a few for then, also work night shift two nights a week so tend to eat all night then!!!
  • rascallycat
    rascallycat Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    The time of day does not determine when I eat. I eat when I am hungry.
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    Options
    7 or 8 so it gives my food 3-4hrs to digest before going to sleep
  • Investorhyde1
    Options
    I start around noon and finish eating around 7 or 8pm.
  • jnn0409
    jnn0409 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I stop eating when i'm out of calories or no longer hungry. Sometimes I do have calories left but if it's too close to going to bed or I feel it's too late to eat then I make myself wait till the morning. LOL yes i'm going to quote I believe "The Doctors or Dr. Oz" that said don't eat 90 minutes before you go to bed.
  • momof2TONI
    Options
    I try to have my last bite of food by 7 or 8 p.m. Otherwise, my food doesn't seem to digest properly before I go to bed and I don't sleep well.