Uh no... I did a bad thing :(

Options

Replies

• sonjawilliams53
    Options
    There is no "bad". Healthy and unhealthy eating choices sound less judgemental. :) It's ok as long as you stop the binge.tomorrow is another day You CAN do it!
  • elgray26
    elgray26 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I realize that cheat days are ok in order to make this a lifestyle change and not a diet.
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Like you, I still struggle with this. I made a pact with myself not to feel guilty about giving into temptation. Life is too short, and dieting is hard enough without having to deal with your own inner demons as well. Like others have said here, just start fresh again in the morning and try not to dwell on it.
  • Idris42
    Idris42 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone. Tomorrow is a new day. Start fresh and don't beat yourself up about it. :)
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    please don't give up. You'll regret it a year from now when you look back to this date. You'll be like..why did I give up? Keep going. It's just one day . Think of your change as a lifestyle.
  • AnjellaRose_GF_SillyYak
    Options
    I have that problem too, but just remember, you dont drop your phone and think, well I already dropped/cracked it, I'll just finish smashing it to bits!!
  • linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It wasn't a bad thing you did, don't feel guilty about it. Tomorrow is another day.
  • harmonymaxon
    harmonymaxon Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It's ok;) everyone has an off day! I had a bad weekend! I had helped a friend move we lived off of pizza and tacos this weekend! But I also know I have to work that much harder at the gym this week! Hang in there you can do it!
  • kat5556
    kat5556 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    It takes an extra 3500 calories to gain a pound so 500 calories is not going to do any harm. Pick your head up, tell yourself you can do this, move on and use the time to figure out what to do differently next time. Emotions can be a powerful thing but we can rise above them!
  • Fitmomtink
    Fitmomtink Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    drink a lot of water for the rest of the day and start over tomorrow. Sometimes I will take what I ate over my calories and divide it over the week equally and subtract that much from every day. So, if you over ate 500 calories and you have 5 days left in the week, just subtract 100 calories from every day's allotment to make up for it. It's not really a big deal in the scheme of things, just pick yourself up, journal how you feel about what triggered the binge and you feel after the binge. good luck. Tomorrow is a new day.

Love this idea!
  • hwalt001
    Options
    I'm right next to you in the boat of over eating! I went over and felt gross about it. Then I stopped feeling bad and just made a strong workout plan for tomorrow and the rest of the week.

Don't feel discouraged! If you stop now your going to have to start over again another time - keep pushing on! Remember this is a lifestyle not a diet your adjusting too!
  • misssmarita
    Options
    Thank you SO much for all the positive feedback! :) The thing is, 5 lbs/a few days is pretty much as far as I've ever gotten when I've tried to change my lifestyle in the past, this is usually the point where I throw in the towel. This is exactly the kind of support I need. You all are ANGELS, I am so grateful for all the support!
  • tjl2329
    tjl2329 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Don't worry. This is a battle that involves more than one day. I also did a bad thing. I ate cake and icecream. It is in my calories goal but bad for me. I was so upset. I almost went on a Bing. But I went to the gym. I still have 800 calories left. So I will just eat a healthy dinner. If you can exercise then do it otherwise tomorrow is a new day. Thank God for all of us. We get to start over with a clean slate. You can do it. Just do better tomorrow.
  • bevhols
    bevhols Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    All of the above advice is great! When I have a bad day, I start out the next morning with a Huge glass of water most of which goes down even before breakfast and then keep going. I love the idea of brushing your teeth and moving on. Remember, take it a day at a time and just keep going ... I have been working toward my goal for 16 months and it has been slow and sometimes frustrating! When I am anxious and at risk of "binge" eating, I try to get really busy on the computer or take a walk or anything to divert me for digging for snacks ...
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I really went over today but, not worried and will prob still lose. It was completely all junk. Started with dad taking us out and then went down hill fast. It's okay. I don't normally eat this way and feel so disgusting right now, I know tomorrow I am back on and will get my good eating back on track. Cooking now to prepare for this week. We are all on a journey and this is just a detour, but, as long as you get back on the right path, you/we are good. Take it from a real food addict, I didn't always see it this way and would constantly beat myself up and even did in my own notes. Believe me it's progress for me from where I was.
  • katielangley
    katielangley Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You have to go day by day or meal by meal... Just because you have one bad meal or day does not give you the ok to give up!!! Chin up move on, you fessed up:) Now you can make better choices next time!!! Good Luck, you can do this!!
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I went over about 700 today. I don't feel bad about it at all. (Though, it was planned...) Because I am here for the long run. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. And this is part of life. We will all have days like this. Just expect it and keep going. I really don't think it's a big deal at all.

P.S. I don' t know about you, but I can't wait to get back on track tomorrow. I feel SO bloated and weighed down.
  • deekay8507
    deekay8507 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day!
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is always a new day!