Uh no... I did a bad thing :(

Options
12346»

Replies

• BDani
    BDani Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    lol - I did the same thing tonight. Only, if makes you feel any better, I went over my day's calorie limit (1640) by a whopping 1,828! :embarassed:

Tomorrow's weigh-in marks 4 weeks of eating healthier and using the MFP app. I only had to lose .25 lb more to reach an 8 pound loss in 4 weeks. But... tonight's dinner ended up being 14 maui waui (pineapple) chicken wings & 2 bacon/cheese potato skins (from wild wing) and 2 jos louis vachons. Yeah... after 4 weeks I lost it. I blame it on spending the afternoon with my teenager daughter shopping for clothes. :laugh:

Ah well, I still lost a good bit of weight in 4 weeks and tomorrow's a new week. I'll just climb back in the saddle and be really good for another 4 weeks! :happy:
  • MrsC160
    MrsC160 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. - Emerson
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    lol - I did the same thing tonight. Only, if makes you feel any better, I went over my day's calorie limit (1640) by a whopping 1,828! :embarassed:

Tomorrow's weigh-in marks 4 weeks of eating healthier and using the MFP app. I only had to lose .25 lb more to reach an 8 pound loss in 4 weeks. But... tonight's dinner ended up being 14 maui waui (pineapple) chicken wings & 2 bacon/cheese potato skins (from wild wing) and 2 jos louis vachons. Yeah... after 4 weeks I lost it. I blame it on spending the afternoon with my teenager daughter shopping for clothes. :laugh:

Ah well, I still lost a good bit of weight in 4 weeks and tomorrow's a new week. I'll just climb back in the saddle and be really good for another 4 weeks! :happy:

I went over by about the same yesterday. In fact, I regularly go over by 1000 or so, but it seems to all balance out in the end and I still manage to keep my weight within a reasonable range. 500 calories is nothing. Most people have days in life where they overeat, though they probably only know from the feeling in their stomach and don't count calories, thus for them, it is a simple matter of thinking 'oops, I think I ate too much, better eat a little less tomorrow to give my belly a rest'.
  • ceh5200
    ceh5200 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    don't dwell on it!! Binge eating is a cycle unfortunately but you need to stop it before the cycle continues!! when you have the first of the food you're trying to avoid tell yourself "okay, it's not over. I'll stop now" remember that just because you had one you didn't ruin it!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,007 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you've done it.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I take a step back, evaluate and move on. Before I would just say screw it and keep eating. Now I can get it out of my system and move on. Life happens. Learn from it! Journey on!
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    My "indulgence" turned into a binge because I ate while I was emotional, causing me to go about 500 calories over my daily goal. Whenever I get like this I just feel like I might as well give up, and that's where it always stops for me. I don't want a bad night to turn into completely falling off the wagon. What do you do to avoid a "snowball effect" when you've gone over your calories?

If you were driving let's say, from New York to California but got lost in Indiana...would you go all the way back to New York? No, you would stop,perhaps ask directions and then get back on the highway and continue your journey.

Same thing. you took a detour. Get back on the highway. Ok, perhaps you won't get there exactly on time but you will get there. YOU JUST have to get back on the highway and keep going.

Think of the weight loss journey that way.

What's more important is you string a whole bunch of good days together. Bad Days will happen. It's life. Don't let them push you off the highway.

Detours will happen on this journey. Heck, maybe you will take a detour again when you hit Colorado...but the thing is...find the onramp. Keep Going. Do not stop.

You can get back. Maybe a little late to your destination but keep heading forward. You will get there. California(insert goal here) is waiting for you!
  • benflando
    benflando Posts: 193
    Options
    FIBER
    WATER
    TEA
  • kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    Happened to me just today too. I know it feels bad, but you cannot let it hinder you. The more you let it hinder you, the more it will continue to hinder you until eventually, it's going to take over your life and you won't ever lose the weight!

Forget about it.

Brush it off and don't do it again! Allow yourself one cheat day (that's not letting you go overboard, 200cal over your original budget is acceptable on a cheat day) is one way to reward yourself consistently for your self-control.

Don't let this bother you!

Keep your head up and your self-control higher. This takes time.

I can't tell you how many times i've let it get to me. BUt you can't let it conquer you.
  • Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I read here on the forums once that giving up after one bad day is like smashing your smart phone with a sledgehammer because you dropped it on the ground. Can't remember who said it, but it made sense to me. :flowerforyou:

I like this. I need to remember it.