when do you log your food?

Options

Replies

• MizzRedskin804
    MizzRedskin804 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I either log right before i eat or log the whole day ahead of time if i know what I'm going to eat already
  • Joluru
    Joluru Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I plan the next day the night before and adjust with what I actually eat throughout the day. Today, I planned a snack that I didn't eat, so I just deleted that. I ate extra bread with dinner and added that.
  • LidijaR
    LidijaR Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Trying to log my food for 4-5 days ahead. Makes my planning easier and i dont have to think too much what to eat etc..
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    on work days, I log breakfast and a snack (if I get time) , then as I make Lunch I log that and my work meals as I make them.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I add it as I'm putting it in my mouth... or as I'm chopping it... I don't preplan I eat what I want at that moment in time
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I try to come up with a menu the night before and log my foods.
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have the app on my phone, so convenient.

I batch cook a lot of stuff and freeze in portions, each batch is saved as a recipe on here.

As I take dinner out of the freezer I log it, that way I know what I have left for the day.
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Well I started out doing it meal by meal but I prefer to do it a day on advance. Makes it easier the dinner that I cook the night before is also packed for my lunch the next day (or put in the freezer for later in the month)
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    It depends. I'm faithful about logging, but it could be right after I am finished eating or sometimes 24 hours in advance.
  • jeninthed
    jeninthed Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Usually as I eat. Right before or right after - otherwise I forget what I eat.
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Usually after breakfast during the week, I know what my planned lunch and dinners are, so I go ahead and log all those at once, but then go back to add in any snacks I may have during the day. Those I don't plan exactly what I will be having.
  • Lovett123
    Lovett123 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I tend to log it all in the morning and change as I go along if required
  • crystalnichle
    crystalnichle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I check what the calories and such are before eating but I don't actually log until after I eat. I find its easier to remember what I've eaten if I do it as I eat.
  • Vegan_Runner
    Vegan_Runner Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Before I eat.
  • ellycotton
    ellycotton Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I log my food in every morning for the whole day, this way I know what calories I have left and because I've planned it, it stops me reaching for other foods and keeps me on track xx
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Night before or first thing in the morning so I know what I need and how much I can have. Keeps me on track with my macros too.
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I plan my lunch and dinner and log them, then log snacks as I go :)
    (Shhh, I know there's no mention of breakfast there, I work 12 hour shifts and if I eat early I feel sick, so I usually grab something like a banana while I work!)
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I usually log as I go unless I'm busy or have a packed lunch.
  • sclarktiw
    sclarktiw Posts: 217
    Options
    I log as soon as I have eaten it...no, if ands or buts about it. Waiting too long and you increase your chances of forgetting and then the calories dont SNEAK up on you!
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I log the morning of and change or add as I go. Love the phone app!! :bigsmile: