when do you log your food?

Options
13»

Replies

• SarahKhristan
    SarahKhristan Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I usually log my food before I eat it (if I've pre-packed my lunch for work, I'll log that ahead of time). I've become fanatical about logging everything I eat.
  • srenea9
    srenea9 Posts: 142
    Options
    I usually log everything in the morning. & if anything changes I will delete it & make the changes on my log, But i pack my lunches everyday for work. So usually its always correct.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I log my food right before I eat it, that way I know I'm having too much. If the numbers are too high, I cut pull some food off my plate.
  • MelissaM528
    MelissaM528 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I log after every meal except dinner, usually I have to log before dinner so I know how much I can eat. If I logged after dinner I would probably go over my calories for the day. LOL
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I log as I eat. All that prelogging takes the "fun" out of it for me. I pretend that I don't preplan and feel stuck in a certain meal plan and could have anything I feel like having (assuming it fits my goals). That's really a load of *kitten* because I eat the same thing every day (really-like THE SAME-only difference is which flavor yogurt and how many cups of coffee).
  • brandi2258
    brandi2258 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I bring my lunch to work everyday, so I log my Breakfast and Lunch while getting everything ready in the morning and snacks and dinner while preparing them!
  • whit1108
    Options
    I usually log my whole day in the morning. That way I know exactly what I'm eating for the day and how many calories I'm having. This has worked for me really good.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I try to log it as I eat it during the day. I have the "convenience" of being at my desk for ~75% of my day so it's really easy while I'm at work. At home I'll generally log it after dinner before bed.
  • sappho510
    sappho510 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I log as I go along, but I'm becoming more familiar with portions etc. It's difficult to log at work as I usually have some form of salad for lunch and fruits to graze through the day. I try to make it fun though and I reward myself with a little treat - at the end of the day- if I'm within my allowance. What I love is that the more calories you burn - your allowance goes up slightly - so I use this for my 'treats'.. :smile:
  • christinadonlon13
    Options
    i always log it as i make it, this way i know the exact names and brands of the items i am using. makes it much more efficient than constantly going back to see what the exact name of an item is
  • Kayciemae02
    Kayciemae02 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I pack my lunches during the week, and the food groups are pretty consistent so I log them as soon as I get a break in the morning. Sometimes I will log my dinner early - if I know what I'm going to have, but otherwise I will log that as I make it. At times, if I know what I'd like to have I will play around with the data base to get an vague idea of how many calories will be in my dinner.
    For the weekends, I log as I go.