I'm tired of living in denial and being out of shape

Options
124»

Replies

• lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    My grandmother asked me incredulously "How much do you weigh, now?" I was mad at the time. But, hey, thanks, gma.
  • missmadejavu
    missmadejavu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My breaking point was when a health issue I have was for sure confirmed to be caused by my weight, and realizing that if I don't change it I might not be able to be a mother some day or having a hard time getting pregnant, the one thing I want more than anything in this world is to be a mother, and me weight now could keep me from that. It hit me hard that's what mad me realize I was sick of being so over weight, and most of my other physical aliments would be relieved if I lost weight.
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I was sitting on my living room floor and I had to use the coffee table to help me get up. I wasn't that over weight (35 pounds) but I had no strength. My own mother is obese and she's fallen 3 times and broken her arm/wrist each time....NOT gonna happen to me :bigsmile:
  • Abi_bug04
    Abi_bug04 Posts: 220
    Options
    Like a lot of the people on here I had more than just one breaking point:

1) Scanning the room everywhere I went, to see if I was the fattest person there.
    2) When my size 14 "fat pants" started to become uncomfortably tight.
    3) When my belly protruded farther than my boobs, and I couldn't even suck it in enough to make it better.
    4) When my double chin became obvious.
    5) When I shot past my highest recorded weight of 215...and into 218.
    6) When my knee injury led to a new sloth-like lifestyle.
    7) And basically just not being able to look in the mirror because I was disgusted. Hating going shopping, because I would cry in the fitting rooms. Being afraid of going anywhere because I looked awful in all of my clothes.

It was time for a change, and I am never ever EVER looking back.
  • SammieAus
    SammieAus Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My breaking point was when my mom started losing weight and started donating her fat jeans to me! Lol I went from being in the gym all the time to someone who I didn't even recognize anymore. Gone for a minute but I'm back now!

Oh this is one for me as well. My boyfriend's (now fiancé's) sister gave me all of her fat clothes after she lost weight. Although a nice gesture, I was embarrassed.
  • PicNdazy
    PicNdazy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My moment came when a friend said "you've gained weight, IT looks good on you (sinister smile). However, you shouldn't gain any more or people will say you're getting fat"! Really! I think you just did...
  • cazzer69
    cazzer69 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Mine was going to watch "Stiff Little Fingers" in concert at the end of last year. (Reliving my youth)
    I bought a tour jacket and the guy said "They only go up to XL"

Harumph, I bought it anyway. I can fit in it but it's err, snug.

So the motivation was getting into that jacket, but it has gone way beyond that now.