bumping for later.
  • carol162m
    carol162m Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I just prayed for you- for strength:flowerforyou:
  • azrainstorm
    azrainstorm Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am surprised and humbled by the amount of replies I got to this pity party I was throwing myself. I almost didn't post anything, but I am glad I did. I may have given up if I did not read these inspiring posts. Thank you all for your words of encouragement, ideas, and comments that just got me thinking about where my mind is in all of this. I've been using MFP for 5 months now, and I have not had any real problems sticking to my calories, exercising, and making better food choices. Yeah, sometimes I would groan inside about getting off the couch and exercising, but in the end I was very glad I did it. I think I just let my life get to me, and have not been dealing with it in a healthy manner. The pattern would then go that I start making unhealthy choices in other parts of my life. I need to get real and honest with myself about how my choices will either take me where I want to be or not. Again, thank you so much, and I hope this helps anyone else who is having a moment like this in their life.
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I read your post and then looked at your diary. I came back and read all the responses including yours. You are right you were having a pity party, I joined about the same time you did and I have lost about the same amount of weight. I am so grateful for this site and for people who truly care that others succeed. I know I am an emotional eater and I know I can do more that what I have done so far. But I am not gaining. I am healthier! I am more aware of what goes in my mouth and why. You are a part of my journey and thank you for not giving up.

I do have a question. Is there a reason that you only track fiber and calories? I know you can eat whatever you want, but have you thought about being more balanced in what you eat? The pity party is over so I am going to get up and do some exercise. Stay strong. If you quit, you will just have to start again.Good luck!