Ladies who started around 280 please come in =)

Options
14567810»

Replies

• soyasee
    soyasee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Before I joined MFP I was up to near 280 and between then and now, I've lost 60 lbs and would like to lose 60 more. I try to stay away from breads, potatoes, corn and sugar as much as possible but I have more dificultly with sugar items sometimes. I try to use stevia or splenda in it's place, like in my coffee or tea. If anyone is willing to share their weight lose diet with me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks for starting this board!
  • squishyjenn
    squishyjenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm around 260 right now and happily in a size 18. I started at 284 in a tight size 24. When I was as low as 245 (gained some) I was still in an 18..just depends where your body starts to drop it. Btw I'm 5'9.
  • UsaJewels05
    UsaJewels05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Everyone loses it in different places. I have lost almost 40 lbs and am just barely down a size. I am now wearing pants that were very tight on me before and are very lose on me now. I believe that in 5-10 more lbs i will be down a size. Most of my weight has be lost in my thighs! Huge difference!
  • AmpKat
    AmpKat Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and started off around 290lbs with size 22 pants and just on the tight side of 2X tops. (I was buying the odd 3X top here and there, but I was totally in denial.)

I'm around 250lbs now and am a size 18-ish in pants, depending on the brand. And I bought some 1X tops (and a jacket!!) just this weekend.

My pant size actually has gone down faster than my top size. I think it's because I have broad shoulders and big boobs... but maybe that's just motivation to start doing more upper body exercises!
  • ebonyb202
    ebonyb202 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    5'7 here....I've been wearing the same clothes since i was 300lbs ( I was clearly a 22 wearing a 20). Now @ 270 my clothes are comfortable....nothing's falling off quite yet they just FIT. I'm hoping I can get down to an 18 in the next month. I think exercise has a lot to do with losing inchs
  • everlong22
    Options
    started at 280 abd began my weight lose dec 26th and am yet to weigh myself way way way to scared to! but luckly i have a good hubbie telling me the difference lol so gonna trust his eye till i work up the strenght to get on a scale lol, well done on the weight loss and keep it up ladys :)
  • Kadesha72
    Kadesha72 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", started at 273, jeans from Lane Bryant (who cater to "curvy woman") are a size 20(red triangle.... thats some sorta coding system they use to apparently say "booty girl").

I'm down 12 pounds so far... the butt and thighs of my jeans are loose, but the waist is still ok.... I hope to be able to lose enough to get new jeans soon, cause I need them... these are wearing a bit thin!!! And I don't want to waste money on fat jeans!!!!

Good luck!
  • spotlessladybug
    spotlessladybug Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and when I started I was around 295 and size 24. Around 270 I dropped to size 22 and by 250 was into size 20. It really depends where you lose your weight. I lose it around my top belly first, so I wear 'X' shirts, yet 20 bottoms at 235, because I carry my weight lower in my belly.

|'ve learned, don't pay attention to the numbers, just whatever looks good! As long as the weight is coming off, it's all the matters!
  • Finleyclf
    Finleyclf Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started at 268 and after losing 30 lbs my clothes were a little baggy but not sure if I dropped a size. I've lost 56 lbs so far and I'm sure I've lost at least 3 sizes. I'm still not sure what size I am but my pants are literally falling off. I have to pull them way up to my chest and put a belt around them in order for them to stay up. My shirts are fitting like a mini dess. I’m trying to not go shopping until I lose my final 22lbs. but I might have to break down and buy a couple pair of pants because it is so noticable.
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    Hey ladies! I am 5'5, started out at 278 in a size 18 or 20 just depending on brand. I am down to 250 and still haven't gone down a size. My pants are getting more loose, and I have to wash my jeans almost every time I wear them now because they get baggy, but trying on a size smaller, they are still too tight.. I think 10 more pounds and I"ll be good.

When did you start going down in sizes?? I know as you weigh less, the amount between sizes is less... but I feel like almost 30 pounds, I should have been down more than this... but maybe not!

Would love to hear your story & to see your result pics!!

I started at 263 and was in a 22/24. I am now at 211 and in a size 14. I was in a size 16W around 235ish. I can slide my 16W pants off without unbuttoning or unzipping them now, hah. edit: I am 5 foot 6 and a half.
  • zenpastry
    Options
    I'm just getting started (again), so I don't have an answer for you yet.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I started at 272 in a tight size 20. I didn't really save the sizing from 20 to 16. I skipped 18's. I would guess about 25 to 30 lbs. When I went from size 14 t 12. I know it was a 10 lb difference.
  • zenpastry
    Options
    You should definitely go buy a few nice things that fit. You don't need a whole new wardrobe, but show off what you've accomplished so far. You deserve it.
  • zenpastry
    Options
    I started at 268 and after losing 30 lbs my clothes were a little baggy but not sure if I dropped a size. I've lost 56 lbs so far and I'm sure I've lost at least 3 sizes. I'm still not sure what size I am but my pants are literally falling off. I have to pull them way up to my chest and put a belt around them in order for them to stay up. My shirts are fitting like a mini dess. I’m trying to not go shopping until I lose my final 22lbs. but I might have to break down and buy a couple pair of pants because it is so noticable.

Go buy yourself a few nice things! You deserve it, and you might find that wearing clothes that fit and make you look good motivates you to keep going the rest of the way :smile:
  • suewestcountry
    suewestcountry Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    sorry posted on wrong thread
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I am just under 5ft 6. I used to weigh around 280. Am now 173. Some to go but almost there :)

I lost the buulk of it before I joined MFP. I have never attended any weightloss clubs or had any surgery.

I think at my heaviest I was UK size 24 on my bottom and and 18-20 on top

I am now anything from a 8-10 (sometimes a 12 but rarely) on top and a definite 16 on bottom but I can get into a 14 sometimes. It mainly depends on the fit of the clothing. I make sure to wear belts with dresses as they are always at least two sizes to big for me on top.

I never wear trousers as I have such a large bottom that I would need at least a size 18 but it just looks like I am wearing a tent everywhere else.

I used to be a 42dd and I am now a 34b.
  • want2behappy31
    want2behappy31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    5'7 here & started out at 281 pounds. I wear a size 22/24 depends on the cut. The 24's that I have always gave me a tiny bit of extra room anyway. But now they fall off my butt if I don't wear a belt. But like I said they were always a little big.

I'd love to be friends with some of you ladies. It's nice to talk to people who started out the same as me to keep me motivated
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I'm 256 at the moment and in a size 24. I wish I could wear a 20! My problem is a very large butt... and I have to buy xx2 tops because I have such a large chest. I'll probably never get below a 14 - I've always had quite a booty no matter what weight I am. :p

Same, except for the large chest.
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I am 5'5" and started at 280lbs last March 2012 and have since lost 120ish pounds and currently weigh 160ish. I was a tight size 24 and now wear a 10/12 depending on the brand and or fit. My tummy is the last place I am losing but nothng some control tights and a good fittting skirt won't cover. I am still about 30lbs from my goal weight of 130lbs and am sooooo excited to be almost in a normal weight because when I started I was morbidly obese. The last 30 pounds are coming off more slowly but I am just tweaking my nurtition and trying to switch up my exercise routine. I eat a mainly clean vegetatian diet and don't track my calories but instead use the pie method of eating (1/2 vegetables, 1/4 carb (grains), 1/4 protien). And I run at least 5 days a week and am just starting to add some cross training (paddleboarding, swimming, biking).

You can do this, for me it was more about getting past my mental obstacles and thinking I could do it first and feeling better about myself...then my actions followed. The "fake it until you make it" approach.

Here is a recent picture (280ish on the left and 160ish on the right)

ScreenShot2013-01-03at91338PM_zpse0475bac-1_zps80d2a6c4.jpg

Wow, looking good! Right now I'm more of the left side, but I've decided this is the time I'm not giving up. I'm changing my life. Thanks for being an inspiration!

Started at 279, and I'm 5'2", and today I'm wearing some jeans I haven't worn in months, size 22. And I'm really hoping the girls shrink sometime soon!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!