PCOS?

Options
2»

Replies

• clhous03
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS twenty years ago. Sucks. Hang in there, all of you!
  • strawberriekt24
    strawberriekt24 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm there too! And have the underactive thyroid problem as well. Bleh! It's really nice to not feel alone though :)
  • amandabeth620
    Options
    PCOS here as well...
  • MissAmber215
    MissAmber215 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i dont know if i have pcos, but i just went to webmd to learn about the symptoms and the one that stuck out for me the most was 'no menstrual cycle'. mine stopped around my early 20's i'd say about 21-22. once in a while i would have a 'spotting' but thats it. it scares me to death to even find out what exactly is wrong with me but im 30 now and its time to start thinking about these things, i want to have a child, i had a miscarriage 2 summers ago and didnt even know i was pregnant. my main focus is to get my weight down drastically and i know all that i have to do to do that. i have no problem losing weight, its just sticking to it. ladies feel free to add me. i've been off of MFP for a while but i am ready to get back into the swing of things. the more support we have the better we all will be but its u to US to make it happen!
  • motivatedshi
    motivatedshi Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    @missamber You havnt had a period since your early 20's? Are you talking about a natural period only? If you have gone that long without having a menstrual bleed, if you are not on birth control I highly reccommend you go to the doctor so they can prescribe you something like provera which will force you to have a period for that month. My Doctor always tells me if I havnt gotten a period in 3 months, then she wants me to take provera to force one to come, since your uterus lining needs to be shedding to avoid risks of cancer and other problems like that. You probably do have PCOS.... go to a obgyn, and have her check your Blood INSULIN levels, and do a n ultrasound of your ovaries....