Need an incredible motivator? Try this!!

Options
Yesterday I went for a walk carrying a five pound weight- the amount of weight I have lost so far. It was incredible to hold the weight in my hand and really think about the fact that that was how much weight has already come off of my body. I can't tell you what a motivation it was to hold that weight in my hand, and then set it down and really feel it gone from my body. I can't recommend this more highly if you are in need of a little motivation. It made me proud of ditching those first five pounds. I've got a ways to go, but I can't wait to drop some more!! Fired UP!

Replies

• xLovelyx87
    xLovelyx87 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yay, congrats keep it up... and that is really a great way to see things, I'm gonna try it thank you
  • jessicabakernyc
    jessicabakernyc Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks, congrats to you too! 13 pounds is awesome!
  • tweak222
    Options
    That sounds like an excellent motivator! Being able to feel the weight you lost in a more tangible way. Sounds like a great way to put it all into perspective!
  • namesanita
    namesanita Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That is the best idea ever!!! Way to go!
  • Berlygirl10
    Options
    What a great motivational idea!!! keep it up!
  • runningfataway
    Options
    Once I get the 80+lbs off of me, I'm going to grab a little kid (most likely one of my cousins) and carry them around for a few minutes to remind myself that I never want to get in that position ever again!
  • futrformrfatty
    futrformrfatty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    thats awesome, might have to try that. way to go!
  • Electricls
    Electricls Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like! Thanks for the idea.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    i tried doing a pull up with the weight i lost on a chain belt. it was soooo hard with the extra 80 lbs
  • Jennaissance
    Options
    I love that idea. Congratulations on your first five!
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea! I may have to try that! :smile:
  • Sheeshy
    Sheeshy Posts: 133
    Options
    I like that - I'll have to give it a shot!
  • Thrasherbabe
    Thrasherbabe Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration. I think I might try this =]
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    it would suck to carry 30 lbs around all day... which I guess is what I used to do ;)
  • dutchess42856
    dutchess42856 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like this!!!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    For me to do this, I'd have to carry around a barbell with a couple of 35 lb plates, on it... It is a thought... but I don't think I'm gonna do that anytime soon.. LOL> Great idea.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    the other inaccuracy of this for me is that with the 119 lbs I'd be carrying around, my heart, joints and muscles are still stronger and not having to push through all that fat anymore... But it would give an idea.... :-)
  • walkitback
    Options
    What a great inspiration!
  • farroz
    farroz Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I like!! I have lost 30 cant imagine what that would feel like!
  • jessicabakernyc
    jessicabakernyc Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Seriously, you should try it... Even for a few seconds. It will blow your mind. I couldn't believe that 5 pounds would have felt like anything