Water question

Options
2»

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Drinking so much will make you have a tummy ache..try having a glass every hour.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Assuming they're shot glasses, I can't see what everyone is worried about.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    sweet. another water thread

imager.php?id=546450&t=o
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    If you chug water like that, not only will you feel ill but it defeats the purpose. Drinking water that fast doesn't allow the body to properly process it. You'll be peeing constantly and may even have diarhea and then you'll still be dehydrated by the end of the day.

Instead drink flavored water, decaffeinated coffee or tea (no sugar added), or even add some lemon or lime or other things. I hate our tap water at home and I don't like diet drinks made as directed either (like Crystal Light) so I fix that by mixing the two. To every 2 cups of water I add about 1/4 cup of the drink mix and it's perfect - just enough flavor to make the water palatable but not too sweet or fruity.
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Drinking that much at once will at the least make your kidneys work harder, because you'll just pee more.

Learn to like water. I easily drink 3-4 liters a day, maybe 5. But I love water.

I have to disagree with everyone saying to use those Mio or other flavored drops...come on people. Read the labels. Don't put that crap in your water. Use fresh lemons or limes if you must. Drink it iced, sometimes that makes it easier.

But remember. Your body is mostly water. You have to drink water to be healthy. The more water you drink, the less bloated you will be, your digestion will be regular, and you'll feel better. Your hair and nails will be healthier. Just deal with it, and drink it.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I say pick a day and drink all of your water for the month. But I am uber-efficient like that.
  • makaiya
    makaiya Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I say pick a day and drink all of your water for the month. But I am uber-efficient like that.

this.

::snicker:: ::snicker::
  • Lala20112
    Lala20112 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I personally think some made a big deal out of water intake, if you don't drink it at all then yes maybe a problem. I think 8 glass a day (preferably not all at once) is way good enough,unless you are working hard enough to break a sweat,then if course you need to keep hydrated . But 12,16 glass a day for the normal activity. bah- hum -bug !! I say!!!
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    BUMP