Crystal light?

Options
Is it ok to count crystal light as my water for the day? I also drink water but sometimes that gets boring.

Replies

• georgehatten1
    Options
    yes you can count crystal light....another option is to try the Mio water flavoring...crystal light has 5 cal per 8 oz and Mio has 0 cals 0 carbs 0 protein and 0 fat and also comes in a variety of flavors to help with water consumption,
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Yes.

In before someone who fell asleep in elementary school level chemistry and thinks otherwise.
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Yes count towards your water but be careful as it does have calories. I wasn't tracking it and found that sometimes I was adding upwards of 50 cals a day from it and not realizing it. Each single serve packet is 10 cals and it also has some sodium
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Is it ok to count crystal light as my water for the day? I also drink water but sometimes that gets boring.

Why not try a squeeze of lemon--makes water much more interesting and there's hardly any calories. The lemon juice will benefit you much more (potassium, vitamin C, D-Limonine--a virus fighter, etc.) Fake flavorings and sweeteners are not your body's friends.
  • chimp517
    chimp517 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    i love crystal light energy packets
  • misstflowers
    misstflowers Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I will often slice up multiple fruits (and some veggies) to keep in the water in the fridge for flavor. My fave combos: lemon/orange. lemon/strawberry. red grapefruit. cucumber/mint. green melon.
  • stellafgus
    stellafgus Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Love to cut up fruits and veggies also to put in my water, especially when the weather is hot outside. Also I have been putting Crystal Light in my water for as long as I can remember.
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Yes.

In before someone who fell asleep in elementary school level chemistry and thinks otherwise.

LOL!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Love Mio. My friend sends it over some times. Love fruit punch and peach iced tea! X
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    yes you can count crystal light....another option is to try the Mio water flavoring...crystal light has 5 cal per 8 oz and Mio has 0 cals 0 carbs 0 protein and 0 fat and also comes in a variety of flavors to help with water consumption,

Mio is also more cost effective. :-)
  • dfquigley
    dfquigley Posts: 186
    Options
    I've found crystal light to help ease the transition from sodas to water.

Still love the pink lemonade!!! :D

I drank close to 3 liters ( 3/4 of a gallon ) of the stuff last night :p
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options

Mio is also more cost effective. :-)
    Especially when it turns up at Big Lots for $1 a bottle.
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I love MIO and Chrystal Light! But are they safe? I'm always afraid of adding it to more than 2 or 3 cups of water per day because of the artificial sweeteners.
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I love Mio. "It changes everything".
  • alliegator1982
    Options
    I love my CL and log it as my water and the calories under snacks, I couldn't live with out my CL Peach Mango Green Tea with "Energy" ;) Now that I've given up coffee and soda!
  • stephross88
    stephross88 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is just water flavoring...I would highly recommend switching to Mio or using lemons or something. Crystal Light has Aspartame in it, not a very good substance. Look it up...
  • stephross88
    stephross88 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I love MIO and Chrystal Light! But are they safe? I'm always afraid of adding it to more than 2 or 3 cups of water per day because of the artificial sweeteners.

Mio is safe...crystal light on the other hand is a whole other monster.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    yup, crystal light, tea. Personally I hated water but I moved to crystal light and now I don't even like that so I drink water or tea. Try different teas, some are naturally sweet
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Yes.

hahahahaha this made my lunch break
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I use kool aide with stevia. Aspartame is evil and sucralose isn't much better.