trying to lose 50lbs by july? Or a lot in general?

Options

Replies

• Julesoola
    Julesoola Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If you're consistent and really stick to it you can! I'm 33, 5'5". I started at 254 on Aug 16th last year and now I'm at 189 even after lots of holiday celebrations and a 10 day Disney vacation. I started at 1200-1300 calories a day for 3 months, walked at least an extra hour everyday (outside of my normal steps from work/daily tasks) and walked up 40-50 flights of stairs a day. Upped my calories to 1600-1700 after three months, kept doing the walking/stairs, but added the couch to 5k program 2-3 days a week. I'm down 65lbs in a little over 5 months and have gone from a size 20W jean to Size 14. Whatever you decide to do it has to be something you can stick with, period.
  • Luffbot
    Luffbot Posts: 28
    Options
    Jules, you're an inspiration!!

&& @ Steph I sent you a message. If everyone want to join a group that's started I'm alright with that. LOL
  • 7bel0
    7bel0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose between 40-50 pounds before July 1st. Anyone can add me. I need the extra support
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I'm 26, 5'7 and currently 172 pounds. Aiming to lose 35-40 pounds by summer.
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 50-60 total and hoping for at least 25 by July based on my body's tendency to hit walls and say, "Nope." lol. I'll get there eventually.

Best of luck to you. Nothing worth it is ever easy, so we're in for a hell of a ride.
  • Angel0787
    Angel0787 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 50 by July, which is actually my goal weight. My 26th birthday is July 10th and it be an awesome birthday present to myself :D
  • coburngirl
    coburngirl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    If you're consistent and really stick to it you can! I'm 33, 5'5". I started at 254 on Aug 16th last year and now I'm at 189 even after lots of holiday celebrations and a 10 day Disney vacation. I started at 1200-1300 calories a day for 3 months, walked at least an extra hour everyday (outside of my normal steps from work/daily tasks) and walked up 40-50 flights of stairs a day. Upped my calories to 1600-1700 after three months, kept doing the walking/stairs, but added the couch to 5k program 2-3 days a week. I'm down 65lbs in a little over 5 months and have gone from a size 20W jean to Size 14. Whatever you decide to do it has to be something you can stick with, period.
    Good for you Jules that is so awesome. Congrats on all your hard work!
  • coburngirl
    coburngirl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 50-60 total and hoping for at least 25 by July based on my body's tendency to hit walls and say, "Nope." lol. I'll get there eventually.

Best of luck to you. Nothing worth it is ever easy, so we're in for a hell of a ride.
    I hear you about hitting walls...drives me nuts!
  • jelr
    jelr Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Would love to have a few more friends myself. 27 years old, 5'2'' 175lbs looking to ultimately drop to about 130-120. I could use some people for accountability and motivation as I am historically a person who loses my gumption in this fight over the past few years since having kids, it is very easy to make excuses.
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I am 24 and just would love to lose 30 pounds by June, when I leave for my internship in Guatemala. I'm going to be doing a lot of walking there, so I need to be fit too
  • Christin2020
    Christin2020 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.. Please feel free to add me. I'm currently looking to lose 55 pounds by my 24th birthday in August. I would love some support :)
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I am 24, and I want to lose at least 25 pounds by June 14th. My birthday! Feel free to add me.
  • oh_em_gee
    Options
    I am 24, and I want to lose at least 25 pounds by June 14th. My birthday! Feel free to add me.

I'm 2 days younger than you! My goal is similar too
  • amandanilo
    amandanilo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    20126904.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

I'm 27, 5ft4 and my goal is to lose 50lbs by mid July! My boyfriend and I are going to Koh Samui for my best friends wedding (which i'm in) and I want to lose the weight so bad! I'm spending so much money on this trip..the last thing I want is to be covered up all week.

BRING IT! :)
  • Dfracassa
    Dfracassa Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'm at 160, and am hoping to be 130 by my wedding in August. Working hard! I hardly ever lose weight, though. EVER.
  • sjmckeenrmt
    Options
    I'm 5'10 171 and hoping do get to around 118-128 by the end of june (: feel free to add me
  • sjmckeenrmt
    Options
    5'10" and 171...that would put you under weight which isn't healthy either :frown: you don't want to be unhealthy in either direction
  • Ashellini
    Ashellini Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    5'9", 27 and weigh 215 lbs. Would love to drop at least 50 lbs by July! My goal weight is 140-145.
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    One of the things that kills motivation is unrealistic goals. There are 17 weeks till June and 21 weeks till July. Lots of people have replied they want to lose 50 lbs by then. If you have a lot to lose those might be reasonable goals. If 50 lbs lost puts you at a healthy/normal weight then it's going to be tough. The closer you get to your healthy weight the harder it will be to lose.

Don't take this as me being negative or unsupportive. Quite the opposite I'm encouraging you to be realistic so that you can meet your goal. You didn't put this much weight on in 4-5 months, it's going to be tough to get it off in that time.
  • oh_em_gee
    Options
    One of the things that kills motivation is unrealistic goals. There are 17 weeks till June and 21 weeks till July. Lots of people have replied they want to lose 50 lbs by then. If you have a lot to lose those might be reasonable goals. If 50 lbs lost puts you at a healthy/normal weight then it's going to be tough. The closer you get to your healthy weight the harder it will be to lose.

Don't take this as me being negative or unsupportive. Quite the opposite I'm encouraging you to be realistic so that you can meet your goal. You didn't put this much weight on in 4-5 months, it's going to be tough to get it off in that time.

I agree, it's a tall order. I figured some people meant by the end of summer though, which is a bit more realistic for most