My diet for today is ruined

Options

Replies

• elenaddp
    Options
    Finish your day by eating things you know you should eat. All of us binge; did you forget you are human like the rest of us on MFP.
    But log it and check out the calorie count, then walk it off. Fogedaboudit.
  • sassy_sparkles
    Options
    So? You blew it...it happens.
    Now that you've gone through the banana bread, be mindful of the rest of the evening.
    Tomorrow is a new day.

Wise words! You can begin anew tomorrow. You might be down today, but you are NOT out of the race!
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Consider looking at your weight loss and calorie allotment as a weekly thing rather than a daily thing. Exercise a little more and eat very healthy for the rest week and you should be right as rain. In the words of the Mad Hatter, "Clean cup, clean cup, move down."
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    i agree with those who said there is no problem here except your disordered thinking about food.

You didn't go over, you didn't do anything horrible, and even if you did, you just get back to the grind tomorrow.

I went from "obese" to "athlete" and in that time, I occassionally ate waaaaay too much bad crap. But most of the time, I ate right. One mistake isn't gonna make or break ya. But the bad mental attitude is gonna drag you down.
  • MrRaph
    MrRaph Posts: 12
    Options
    I'll follow your advice and move on, thanks for all the friendly replies. I'll eat a healthy meal tonight and forget about it. Start fresh tomorrow with my motivation. As for exericse, I lift weights around 3 hours a week and I also do Insanity 5 or 6 times per week(currently on the recovery week, going on month 2). My job is also physically demanding as I am standing for 5 to 8 hours constantly and walking around the place. I'm gonna try to find some new numbers for my calories.
  • twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    In addition to a lot of the comments above, I've found this thread helpful:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/606721-after-a-binge-after-a-meal-out-read-this
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    I've went on a very terrible binge and ate an entire banana bread I now feel very bad about it and want to make myself vomit. I still have 366 calories to eat today to maintain weight, should I eat them or not eat at all today?

it happens..we all do it..but lucky for me, i find that on days like this, it gives my body a boost, and i start losing weight again instead of a crazy gain..good luck
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'll follow your advice and move on, thanks for all the friendly replies. I'll eat a healthy meal tonight and forget about it. Start fresh tomorrow with my motivation. As for exericse, I lift weights around 3 hours a week and I also do Insanity 5 or 6 times per week(currently on the recovery week, going on month 2). My job is also physically demanding as I am standing for 5 to 8 hours constantly and walking around the place. I'm gonna try to find some new numbers for my calories.

With such an active lifestyle (and being male, which requires more calories for maintenance, let alone bulking up) you'd definitely want to recalculate. Good choice! Also keep in mind that to gain muscle (as you are trying to do for your abs), you do need to eat more. Your body needs more fat to burn, otherwise it will resort to taking the energy from your muscles which defeats the purpose!

Best of luck and feel free to add me, OP!
  • Sarah_cm
    Sarah_cm Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think I've been doing great this last week(see my diary) I have had no problems eating 5 to 6 meals a day approx 300 cals per meal, thats what I've been trying to stick to. My problem is that I can't resist sweet things.
    Hi! I can't resist sweet things either so I eat grapes or a small bag of Matesers if I want something sweet. If I do have chocolates I'll sit down with a cuppa tea and put my favourite telly programme on and try not to eat the whole bag until my programme has finished. I found that I appreciate it more and because I haven't wolfed it down the craving settles down. I also drink pure 100% fruit juices too which I found helps. Don't beat yourself up...at least it had bananas in! :happy: Don't make yourself sick either.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Enter your goal to MFP as a half pound a week, and your activity level as "very active".
  • MrRaph
    Options
    I have heard fruit juices are very bad for you because of their high sugar contents and empty calories, it is better to eat an whole fruit instead.
  • jj1973
    jj1973 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Well, I was going to workout then I saw that I forgot to bring a phone with me icnase someone would be calling so I ran upstairs then I saw this delicious banana bread standing on the counter untouched and I decided to take a slice because I absolutely love banna bread before I knew it I was into it and ate the entire loaf.

Here's a analogy that I heard once.....

So you have a glass of red wine and spill a drop on your white carpet. Do you then go ahead and just pour the whole glass out on the carpet? No of course not.

The same with a slip up on your weight loss journey. They are going to happen, but don't compound the problem by pouring out more 'wine' on the carpet! Move ahead as you should. It is in the past.
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I think I've been doing great this last week(see my diary) I have had no problems eating 5 to 6 meals a day approx 300 cals per meal, thats what I've been trying to stick to. My problem is that I can't resist sweet things.

Well there you have it, this is truly just a slip up and nothing to beat yourself up over. You've done great the past week so why let one day get you down?

If I have a "bad" morning/afternoon, whatever calories I have left for the day I will just make sure they are things that make me feel better. I.E... drinking tons of water and snacking on fresh veggies and fruit the rest of the day. (celery sticks, carrots, brocolli, apples, grapefruit..etc). The water and cleansing veggies will help you feel better.

Next time you eat something sweet just try to work on not eating it all at once. This is something I still struggle with however.. as long as wwhatever it is falls within my calories for the day I don't feel too bad.
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    There's always tomorrow. :happy:
  • msliu7911
    Options
    I have heard fruit juices are very bad for you because of their high sugar contents and empty calories, it is better to eat an whole fruit instead.

You're correct, fruit juices are pretty bad. There are some out there that are low sugar and light... so if you HAVE to drink fruit juice then do those. HOWEVER you would be better off just drinking a ton of water an having an actual piece of fruit. :)
  • msliu7911
    Options
    you should use those leftover calories to eat gummy bears!
    it's what I do when I have leftover calories. that or drink wine. :drinker:

lol oh lawd :laugh:
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Things happen and we let it run away with us...Log it and move on.
  • MrRaph
    Options
    I usually drink one protein shake a day and the rest is water, I can drink over 4 bottles a day. Hydration is very important especially with my active life style. You guys are really making me feel better, almost forgot about that banana bread :).
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Work out a little harder and don't worry about it today. Tomorrow will be better and more controlled :)
  • MrRaph
    Options
    Could anybody check my previous logs and tell me if I'm doing great and eating healthy? I'm trying to reach atleast 120g of protein a day and around 30g fat.