Canned Pumkin

Options
GenesisandEden
GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
Tell me your recepies, what you substitute it for and fun ways to incorporate it =)

Replies

• schaskes
    schaskes Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Saw this posted yesterday - made it last night! Amazingly yummy!!

2-Minute Pumpkin Pie
    If you need a little something to satisfy your sweet tooth, whip up this 75-calorie pumpkin pie for one. This simple recipe, pared down to the most basic and common ingredients, only takes 2 minutes to make, but the end result tastes as delicious as traditional, calorie-packed pie.
    Ingredients:
    1/2 c. pumpkin puree
    1/4 c. egg whites (from an egg or carton)
    Sweetener
    Cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice

Directions:
    ?Mix together all the ingredients. If you prefer a flan-like texture, add more pumpkin; if you prefer a cake-like texture, add more egg whites. Microwave for two minutes. Use a mix of Greek yogurt, hazelnut cream cheese, and pumpkin pie spice for the icing. Top with toasted pecans. (I topped mine with a little Fat-free Coolwhip)
  • GenesisandEden
    Options
    **Pumpkin
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    1 cake mix (any flavor but chocolate or spice are my favorites for this)
    1 can (regular size) pumpkin

mix together put in prepared muffin tin or papers and bake.

Sooo yummy and low fat because you are leaving out the oil and eggs. They are very dense (the chocolate ones are more the consistency of brownies than muffins) My skinny-mini husband likes to put cream cheese frosting on the spice cake ones and a friend now makes them for her kids that suffer from allergies as a treat. The kids love them.
  • Hisheri
    Options
    My girlfriend just gave me a recipe for Crock-pot Overnight Pumpkin Oatmeal. I can't wait to try it!

1 cup steel cut oats
    2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1/2 cup pumpkin puree
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/4 teasoon allspice
    Pinch of cloves

Combine all ingredients. Cook on low 6-8 hours.

Optional add in's: chooped apple, chopped banana, raisins, dried cranberries
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Use it in Chili instead of tomato!!

Add it to your yeast rolls!!
  • VelaPulsar
    Options
    Pumpkin Hummus
    Use a food processor to purée together canned pumpkin, tahini, garlic, parsley, ground cumin, olive oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle toasted pumpkin seeds and smoked paprika on top. Serve with pita chips.
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    1 cup cottage cheese mixed with 1/2 cup pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice to taste. I blend the cottage cheese with flavored sugar free syrup and a little milk until the "chunks" are gone then add the pumpkin and spice and mix a little longer. I sometimes put mine in the freezer to make it colder. It tastes like pumpkin pie filling in a pudding form :-) I got this from another message board and tried it without blending the cottage cheese and didn't like the "texture".
  • rel12345
    rel12345 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sounds good
  • supergirls_2008
    Options
    I made pumpkin oatmeal pancakes. Easy and a delicious way to use up some extra pumpkin
    http://forkfulofsugar.blogspot.com/
  • Jeanine_Colavecchi
    Jeanine_Colavecchi Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend just gave me a recipe for Crock-pot Overnight Pumpkin Oatmeal. I can't wait to try it!

1 cup steel cut oats
    2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1/2 cup pumpkin puree
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/4 teasoon allspice
    Pinch of cloves

Combine all ingredients. Cook on low 6-8 hours.

Optional add in's: chooped apple, chopped banana, raisins, dried cranberries

This looks right up my alley!! Trying it!
  • GenesisandEden
    Options
    Thank you all!
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    1 Can of Pumpkin and 1 Box of Spice Cake mix dry = 24 cookies :happy:

1 Can of Pumpkin and 1 Box of Chocolate Cake mix dry = 24 brownies :happy:
  • sclarktiw
    sclarktiw Posts: 217
    Options
    1 cake mix (any flavor but chocolate or spice are my favorites for this)
    1 can (regular size) pumpkin

mix together put in prepared muffin tin or papers and bake.

Sooo yummy and low fat because you are leaving out the oil and eggs. They are very dense (the chocolate ones are more the consistency of brownies than muffins) My skinny-mini husband likes to put cream cheese frosting on the spice cake ones and a friend now makes them for her kids that suffer from allergies as a treat. The kids love them.

What is the "regular size"?
    Single pie can?
    or
    Two pie can?
  • kamiAK
    kamiAK Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    bump
  • aimeev2
    aimeev2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin pie smoothie:

1/3 cup canned pumpkin
    1 banana
    3/4 cup soy or regular milk
    1 T. maple syrup
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Blend and there's breakfast!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    1 cup cottage cheese mixed with 1/2 cup pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice to taste. I blend the cottage cheese with flavored sugar free syrup and a little milk until the "chunks" are gone then add the pumpkin and spice and mix a little longer. I sometimes put mine in the freezer to make it colder. It tastes like pumpkin pie filling in a pudding form :-) I got this from another message board and tried it without blending the cottage cheese and didn't like the "texture".

I basically do this, only I use 1/2 c cottage cheese, 1/2 c pumpkin, 30g of walnuts, and a bunch of cinnamon. Mix it together and om nom nom.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    bump
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    love the oatmeal idea!:)
  • Hisheri
    Options
    I made the Pumpkin Oatmeal with Almond Milk in the Crock-Pot last night. It was FANTASTIC this morning.
    Here's another I am DYING to try: Fluffy and Light Pumpkin Pancakes

Prep time: 10 mins
    Cook time: 5 mins
    Total time: 15 mins
    Serves: 4
    Ingredients
     1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
     2 tablespoons sugar
     2 teaspoons baking powder
     1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
     1/2 teaspoon ginger
     1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
     1/2 teaspoon salt
     1 1/4 cup low-fat milk
     1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
     2 tablespoons melted butter
     1 egg
    Instructions
    1. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, spices and salt in a bowl.
    2. In a separate bowl whisk together milk, pumpkin, melted butter, and egg.
    3. Fold mixture into dry ingredients.
    4. Spray or grease a skillet and heat over medium heat: pour in 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
    5. Cook pancakes about 3 minutes per side. This recipe makes six 6-inch pancakes.

For the original recipe, visit: http://momadvice.com/blog/2009/10/fluffy-light-pumpkin-pancakes