Vegan Protein Powders

Options
Hi everyone! I'm looking for a healthy and tasty vegan protein powder for my morning shakes. (soy free, too)
I hear hemp protein is great for you. There is another one out there with hemp & pea protein..wondering if that's any good.
I looked into Vega One, but it only has 10 servings and it's not cheap.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

20126904.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I found it yesterday - it's amazing (doesn't taste perfect, but i don't really care about that)

Now Foods Tru-Food Vegan

The profile is the same as Vega One or Shakeology (ok Shakeology has higher amounts of vitamins) but is about $35 for a 2lb tub vs $60 for Vega One and $120 for Shakeology

Check it out.
  • MileHighScott
    MileHighScott Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You could check out the Vega performance protein. I believe it is a 30 day supply. There is more info on vegasport.com
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I just got the classic chocolate one from Sun Warrior. I really like it. http://www.sunwarrior.com
  • lad5144
    lad5144 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this one: http://plantfusion.net/
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I like Manitoba Harvest Hemp Pro 70. they have a few others but I really like this one. It's 'unflavored'. It just tastes nutty, so I make it with Chocolate Tempt Hemp Milk. If you friend me you can see my shake recipe.
  • Hadley_SM
    Hadley_SM Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering this same thing!
  • amandanilo
    amandanilo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That sounds perfect, thank you!!!
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I tried the Vega Vanilla performance protein. It was the most disgusting thing that I have ever tasted. It had a greenish ting to it and tasted like dirt and grass shaken up. YUM, not.
  • amandanilo
    Options
    I found it yesterday - it's amazing (doesn't taste perfect, but i don't really care about that)

Now Foods Tru-Food Vegan

The profile is the same as Vega One or Shakeology (ok Shakeology has higher amounts of vitamins) but is about $35 for a 2lb tub vs $60 for Vega One and $120 for Shakeology

Check it out.

That sounds awesome..thank you! I really liked what Vega One had to offer, but the supply was so small. Thanks again!
  • amandanilo
    Options
    I tried the Vega Vanilla performance protein. It was the most disgusting thing that I have ever tasted. It had a greenish ting to it and tasted like dirt and grass shaken up. YUM, not.

haha i'm so glad I didn't get it!
  • amandanilo
    Options
    I LOVE this one: http://plantfusion.net/

I actually checked out reviews for this and it sounded great! It's the one with pea, hemp, and brown rice? I might have to try that, too! Thanks!
  • CoachReddy
    Options

the great thing about Now Foods products is there are never any additives - nothing unnecessary like colors and artificial flavors etc.

so that said, the Tru-Food Vegan powder LOOKS disgusting, but I always mix it up with fruit, etc anyway so I don't mind. Totally worth it to save $30-$90/month
  • amandanilo
    Options

the great thing about Now Foods products is there are never any additives - nothing unnecessary like colors and flavors etc.

so that said, the Tru-Food Vegan powder LOOKS disgusting, but I always mix it up with fruit, etc anyway so I don't mind. Totally worth it to save $30-$90/month

That's ok! I'll definitely add some other things..berries and maybe coconut milk. I've been adding chia seeds into things, too. I hear those are pretty good for you, too.
  • amandanilo
    Options
    I like Manitoba Harvest Hemp Pro 70. they have a few others but I really like this one. It's 'unflavored'. It just tastes nutty, so I make it with Chocolate Tempt Hemp Milk. If you friend me you can see my shake recipe.

I've never heard of hemp milk! That's great. I'll look for it. Thanks!
  • Vermilliana
    Vermilliana Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Omega Nutrition Pumpkin Seed Protein powder!! I tried hemp, brown rice, pea...all those others and could no Stand the taste or texture of them, whatever i did. Pumpkin seed protein Seriously has no taste at all, it blends perfectly into smoothies (I usually just do a banana and milk, sometimes a bit of cocoa powder if I'm in the mood) and only costs about $16 a bucket.
    A happy bonus with this is its Amazing amino complex that is unique to pumpkin seeds. Its made a wonderful difference in,my muscle recovery as well as my hair/skin/nails..Everything. I seriously can't run out of good things to say about this stuff *L*
  • SJCBT
    SJCBT Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been using Arbonne Vegan Protein powder. It's $60 for a 30 day supply, but I still have a lot of it since I usually only use 1 scoop and you can use up to 4 scoops per day. It's been about 2 months and I really like being able to supplement my protein intake since it seems so hard (and expensive) to try to get my recommended grams of protein per day, while still staying within my calorie goals.

https://arbonne.com/shop_online/showitem.asp?ProductId=2069&menuId=268&withLinks=1

All of the Arbonne products are vegan certified so if you are vegan, it might be worthwhile to check out their site for other products too.
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    I've been using Arbonne Vegan Protein powder. It's $60 for a 30 day supply, but I still have a lot of it since I usually only use 1 scoop and you can use up to 4 scoops per day. It's been about 2 months and I really like being able to supplement my protein intake since it seems so hard (and expensive) to try to get my recommended grams of protein per day, while still staying within my calorie goals.

https://arbonne.com/shop_online/showitem.asp?ProductId=2069&menuId=268&withLinks=1

All of the Arbonne products are vegan certified so if you are vegan, it might be worthwhile to check out their site for other products too.

what's the nutrient profile?
  • Dawnhasajeep
    Dawnhasajeep Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I picked up some organic hemp protein powder 15g of protein. I mix it with almond milk and ½ a banana. I find the nutty flavor of the hemp and banana taste really good. Can also throw in some cinnamon or vanilla if you like.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I've been using Ruth's hemp protein powder. It's not too bad, but the serving suggestion is for 2 scoops with 16 grams of protein (I don't recall the calorie count at the moment). I find 2 scoops makes my smoothies way too powdery, so I've been using one scoop. It has a semi-sweet flavour, which isn't too bad. I recently purchased Genuine Health Vegan Proteins + in chocolate flavour. It's also completely plant based protein powder and has 20 grams of protein per serving/scoop. I haven't tried it yet, but it has some pretty good reviews.
  • amandanilo
    Options
    Omega Nutrition Pumpkin Seed Protein powder!! I tried hemp, brown rice, pea...all those others and could no Stand the taste or texture of them, whatever i did. Pumpkin seed protein Seriously has no taste at all, it blends perfectly into smoothies (I usually just do a banana and milk, sometimes a bit of cocoa powder if I'm in the mood) and only costs about $16 a bucket.
    A happy bonus with this is its Amazing amino complex that is unique to pumpkin seeds. Its made a wonderful difference in,my muscle recovery as well as my hair/skin/nails..Everything. I seriously can't run out of good things to say about this stuff *L*

That sounds really good! I'd prefer something either chocolate or no taste at all so I can alter the taste with fruit. Thanks!