My diet for today is ruined

Options

Replies

• mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    One thing I feel I should point out is that you don't just get calories from the foods you choose to eat. You get macronutrients: protein, carbs, and fats. You also get micronutrients: your vitamins and minerals.

Not only should you have a diet (if you are looking to lose weight), but you should also be looking to be healthy. Okay, so you ate that banana bread loaf. Are you going to deprive your body of nutrients that it still needs for the rest of the day? Or are you going to look at each second as a new second?

Drink some water, and commit to having the rest of your day be as healthy as you can make it. Don't eat a ton of carbs at dinner time.

Excellent logical advice!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I've went on a very terrible binge and ate an entire banana bread I now feel very bad about it and want to make myself vomit. I still have 366 calories to eat today to maintain weight, should I eat them or not eat at all today?

Your maintenance is 1800 cals? I'd possibly seek out some professional help as that is not a rational thought when you are still under cals by a good margin

1800 is your weight loss goal, NOT your maintenance. And yes, considering vomiting is classic "disordered" thinking.

This^^^^

That is your weight loss goal not a maintenance level of calories...1,800 probably has a good 500 calorie deficit in it if not more (depending on what you selected as your goal). To boot, one day changes nothing...it's one day. You need to take a longer view of things and you need to understand the numbers and science in all of this. My guess is that your maintenance at sedentary is in the neighborhood of 2.300 to 2,400 Lbs...that would mean to gain a Lb of fat weight in one day you would have to consume 5,800 calories in a single day...I don't think anything is blown and you shouldn't be wanting to throw up. Just get back on the horse and do better next time. Honestly, I eat to maintenance about once every week or two and has not hindered me in the least.
  • 1aurane
    1aurane Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm with Rob1976 :smile:
  • iarookie
    iarookie Posts: 140
    Options
    Move on- but ask yourself "What the hell am I doing with an entire banana bread in the house in the first place"? If it was for a treat-you need to cut it into serving sizes and freeze the rest to make it difficult to eat the whole thing in one sitting. An alcoholic or a drug addict wouldnt have alcohol or drugs hanging around- you are no different. Behave yourself!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    simple, go work it off.
  • MrsC160
    MrsC160 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    finish each day and be done with it. you have done what you could. some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. - Emerson
  • candctaber
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day! Try to eat healthy the rest of the day and get in a workout. You can do it!
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    it will be ok! eat something lean and healthy for dinner and get yourself some protein. Dont let one binge throw you off your game! you can do it
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    and why did you take out your frustrations on a loaf of banana bread? Your stomach doesn't know the differance, it was your head that wanted to do it....why?
    East a healthy lite dinner...veggies/egg whites....go for a walk...just focus on tomorrow being a better day.
  • vlynn7472
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about it. It was one meal. as long as you continue to keep going with your diet from here on, you should be fine. I have had weeks when I had one whole day of bad eating and I will still lose weight sometimes. keep up the good work.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    One thing I feel I should point out is that you don't just get calories from the foods you choose to eat. You get macronutrients: protein, carbs, and fats. You also get micronutrients: your vitamins and minerals.

Not only should you have a diet (if you are looking to lose weight), but you should also be looking to be healthy. Okay, so you ate that banana bread loaf. Are you going to deprive your body of nutrients that it still needs for the rest of the day? Or are you going to look at each second as a new second?

Drink some water, and commit to having the rest of your day be as healthy as you can make it. Don't eat a ton of carbs at dinner time.

Very well said.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Why is your whole day ruined? You have the rest of the day to make up for your bad choices. Think of it this way. If you bring home a dozen eggs from the grocery store, and one egg drops and breaks, do you throw away the whole dozen? Of course not. So you had a bad meal/snack/whatever. Don't throw away the rest of your day because of it!
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    get some exercise and eat a salad for dinner.
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    eat your calories for the day, make a healthy choice for supper, and start over tomorrow. One day is not the end of the world.
  • whitmars106
    whitmars106 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    We've all been there! Continue to eat today if you're hungry. The next time you feel like binging, just remember how awful you felt today, and that it's not worth it! Do some extra exercise, and don't let it get you down! Keep your spirit up, and know you can get through this. Slip-ups are going to happen, but all you can do is learn from it, and move on.
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Weight loss, much like life itself, ins't a marathon. It's a dance. You just have to ensure you're taking more steps forward than back.

LOVE this.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I hope the banana bread had Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in it, or chocolate chips at least!
  • OzarkMountainMan
    Options
    I've went on a very terrible binge and ate an entire banana bread I now feel very bad about it and want to make myself vomit. I still have 366 calories to eat today to maintain weight, should I eat them or not eat at all today?

Well, considering you still have 366 calories left for the day I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

I'd try to fill in the day with sensible choices and keep marching on. It really isn't all that bad.
  • NinjaJinja
    NinjaJinja Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You ate an entire banana bread and you are still under calories? Then everything is totally fine!

But the fact that you think this is a problem and that you want to make yourself vomit is something you should seek help for.