Shakeology Advocare
    Calories: 160 220
    Protein: 17 g 24g
    Sat Fat: 1 g 1g
    Carbs: 17g 24g
    Sugar: 6g 12g
    Fiber: 6g 5g
    Nut & Vitamins: 70+ 26

I was an AdvoCare user for years and now I use Shakeology. The choice is pretty clear to me.

FYI, I got those numbers off of the actual products. I have both in my pantry at home. The AdvoCare Meal Repalcement shakes are collecting dust, though.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    "poor thing innocently asked a question dipped her toe into the shallow MFP oceans. Damn look at all those sharks circling. Gonna be a blood bath."

Isn't that the truth. I made the mistake of asking a family member who does the Body by Vi shakes a question about them. Once. 9 months ago. The theme music from Jaws has been playing ever since.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • ShonnaDiggs
    ShonnaDiggs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use Shakeology daily and I LOVE it! Although it is a shake, it is "real food." It's not like a protein shake. It is more of a healthy meal replacement. There are a ton of benefits to drinking the Shakeology in addition to weight loss.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    This topic is probably better suited to the groups because not everyone can contribute and that's not fair.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1178-beach-bodies-by-beachbody

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3201-advocare-challenge
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Take the money you would spend on either then flush it down the toilet, you will receive the same dieting results. After that, grow up, quit looking for shortcuts, and work for what you want
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I tried Shakeology. I actually became a Beachbody Coach for a few months. I have a few opinions.
    Shakeology is good. I love the Tropical Strawberry. I looked forward to my shake every morning. It gave me energy, and kept me full. And I did see a dramatic change in my cholesterol, and triglycerides. HOWEVER, I did not find that it helped me lost weight. I wasn't making any money being a Coach....it's very hard to sell something that expensive, and I found that paying for my Shakeology and the monthly coaching fee, I just wasn't saving any money, so I stopped doing it. And w/o the discount, I can't justify spending that much on Shakeology. I know that it's "just" $4/shake. And it's packed with nutrients, but I just wasn't losing weight with it. Maybe if I had, I would have continued it. I do miss it. And I know there are a lot of people who have had great success with it. But I have to tell you, the regular chocolate? I do not like it. They have supposedly changed the formulation again and it's supposed to taste better, but I haven't tried the new one.

yeah, the new one is WAY better.

the way I've always looked at it is if you replace your $4 drink at starbucks daily with a $4 mega-nutrient shake... you're doing yourself a world of good and not spending any more money than you would be otherwise.

I agree. I gave up my morning coffee run, and replaced it with Shakeology. WELL worth the switch!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Neither. Eat food.
  • WhyWait
    WhyWait Posts: 58
    Options
    I love my Shakeology. I think my husband is even more addicted to it then I am. He refuses to leave the house without it. He is an HVAC mechanic so exposed to a lot of “stuff and germs” with what he cleans and where he goes. He is NEVER sick and he swears its since he started drinking Shakeology.

MANY healthy “diets” I have read recommend a smoothie, protein shake…. I am now doing the SHRED plan, and it calls for a smoothie everyday. I can’t imagine making it myself as healthy as Shakeology and it has much more then just protein.

My other reason I drink it, when I run, or hit a good workout, it is a simple quick easy “meal” to refuel after a workout. Until I can make my lunch/dinner/... After training for a marathon, coming home and sleeping the day away, Shakeology helps me keep my life after training.

So, it works for our family!

(Yes, I am a coach, but we’d drink it in our house everyday even if I wasn’t). I am not a vitamin pill popper, but believe we all need a multi-vitamin no matter how clean we eat. So, that I get all those vitamins in my Shakeology.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Neither. Make your own.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Neither. Make your own.

while i agree that homemade shakes are hugely beneficial and cost effective, people that respond to questions about shakeology/advocare/vegaone/body by vi/etc with the "make your own" argument, on the whole don't seem to realize that there are ingredients in these shakes you can't get at a grocery store. they're not protein shakes. they just happen to have protein in them.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Neither. Make your own.

while i agree that homemade shakes are hugely beneficial and cost effective, people that respond to questions about shakeology/advocare/vegaone/body by vi/etc with the "make your own" argument, on the whole don't seem to realize that there are ingredients in these shakes you can't get at a grocery store. they're not protein shakes. they just happen to have protein in them.

so they are magic?
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    Neither. Make your own.

so they are magic?

nope. not by a long shot.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    "poor thing innocently asked a question dipped her toe into the shallow MFP oceans. Damn look at all those sharks circling. Gonna be a blood bath."

Isn't that the truth. I made the mistake of asking a family member who does the Body by Vi shakes a question about them. Once. 9 months ago. The theme music from Jaws has been playing ever since.
    My biggest beef with it is people coming into the forums and spamming their sales links/soliciting MFP members as clients when it's explicitly forbidden by MFP rules. My other, maybe even more major issue (I don't know if Advocare does it, but Beachbody does) is bestowing the title of "coach" upon their salespeople. Using the title "coach" lends undue credibility in some people's eyes and I feel that it's unethical to call oneself a "coach" without some degree of formal training beyond just feeding hype and selling shake powders. By that standard, anybody and everybody who works at a nutrition store like GNC could be called a "coach", when in fact most of them don't know jack beyond what products they're told to pimp/promote.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

My biggest beef with it is people coming into the forums and spamming their sales links/soliciting MFP members as clients when it's explicitly forbidden by MFP rules. My other, maybe even more major issue (I don't know if Advocare does it, but Beachbody does) is bestowing the title of "coach" upon their salespeople. Using the title "coach" lends undue credibility in some people's eyes and I feel that it's unethical to call oneself a "coach" without some degree of formal training beyond just feeding hype and selling shake powders. By that standard, anybody and everybody who works at a nutrition store like GNC could be called a "coach", when in fact most of them don't know jack beyond what products they're told to pimp/promote.

is it soliciting when you simply answer the OP's question?

and as for the "coach" label, we're not trainers, fitness coaches, etc (unless we happen to also BE those things) - it's simply being a motivational coach. running challenge groups, keeping people motivated, giving them support, etc, etc. these are valuable things, no? and I'd much rather offer THAT to someone than just be a salesperson who - once I've sold you the shake - doesn't speak to you again.

it's not for everyone, and you don't need to like it. you don't need to use shakeology. you can hate on the people who DO spam/solicit/etc - but the majority of us don't. the majority of us are just in it to help people, because it's a lot of fun, and because it's a great community to belong to.
  • CLDKess
    CLDKess Posts: 40
    Options
    I have tried both. I use a "shake" for breakfast. Both are expensive, however I prefer the taste of the Advocare to Shakeology (when plain)

I feel that Shakeology is a better deal than Advocare. This is why. When I purchase a bag of Shakeology I only use 1/2 a scoop of the powder, 1 TBLSP of peanutbutter and ice/water. It tastes like Reeces, which is like a treat to me. This helps me through out the day to not binge on bad foods, like Reeces.

The real questions is WHY you want to use a meal replacement shake. Is it because of the convenience (like me) or because you think 1 shake a day will fix all of your dieting issues?

:)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    the way I've always looked at it is if you replace your $4 drink at starbucks daily with a $4 mega-nutrient shake... you're doing yourself a world of good and not spending any more money than you would be otherwise.

Good job of comparing apples to cinder blocks.
  • texakin20
    texakin20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    On day 10 of my 24 dav Advocare challenge, and for 10 days in a row I have made a meal replacement shake for breakfast. I find them pretty good now. I add usually berries and ice when I blend, but so far I like them and keep me full till lunch. Never had the other brand of shakes.
  • mdshari2
    mdshari2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I must say tho...when I tried Shakeology I had tons of energy!!! Just can't afford it...so wish I could!