building a beautiful butt

Options
13»

Replies

• BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options
    I am finally starting to see some significant butt results, all from squats, deads, and hip thrusts
  • ohh_myy_quad
    ohh_myy_quad Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    *kitten* to grass squats. People always say squats, but many people don't even get to parallel. I see so many doing quarter squats. *kitten* to grass isn't the BEST if you have knee issues or inflexible calves though.

Another is leg press with your feet placed at the very top of the platform.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

*kitten* to grass. Made a mental note and will now make it a point to go lower.
  • Dfracassa
    Dfracassa Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    you guys. butts.

I think I want to be your friend.
  • MarieAnneN
    Options
    Squat until you feel your butt begging for mercy.

Yep! Squats, step, stairmaster, everything that makes your glutes want to cry...

I am in the way to do the same thing as you. BUTT all the way for bikini summer coming up! :)
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    <--- genetics made it round. Squats, deadlifts, lunges, and step-ups are making it firmer and less jiggly.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    *kitten* to grass squats. People always say squats, but many people don't even get to parallel. I see so many doing quarter squats. *kitten* to grass isn't the BEST if you have knee issues or inflexible calves though.

Another is leg press with your feet placed at the very top of the platform.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

*kitten* to grass. Made a mental note and will now make it a point to go lower.

Just watch out for "butt wink". If your butt starts to curl under in order to get that low it can be bad for your back. So go as low as possible while avoiding "butt wink".
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Was hoping to find more great bum pictures in this thread by now.... :sad:
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    butts.... i like butts
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    if, in theory, i were to work as hard as i could, how long would it take to gain a very noticeably considerable amount of muscle down there? i know everyone is different and that's kind of impossible to gauge, and i'm in no real rush, but i'm curious how long it may have taken others to build their dreambutt, or what workouts seemed to be the most effective (i'm guessing squats will be the numero uno answer on that one).

I agree with this paragraph. Squats are numero uno. It's impossible to guage how quickly you will gain, or how much you can gain.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo Ultimate Ab/Butt Workout
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Just watch out for "butt wink". If your butt starts to curl under in order to get that low it can be bad for your back. So go as low as possible while avoiding "butt wink".

So wait! Does that mean to arch your back so that hips stay forward versus butt winking to go lower?
  • nlesthought
    Options
    Was hoping to find more great bum pictures in this thread by now.... :sad:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

So wait! Does that mean to arch your back so that hips stay forward versus butt winking to go lower?

You want to continue to stick you butt out as it goes down, keeping your lower back arched. The picture on the right is "bad".

butt+wink.jpg
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Butt Wink understood. LOL
  • Icaw
    Icaw Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • WhitR86
    WhitR86 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Lots of squats, do squats without weights at home whenever you are fantasizing about the *kitten* you want get up and do squats. Go to the parallel position and hold hold hold then come up then right back and hold again. Also the elliptical has glute workouts if you do cardio do those and focus on those bum muscles. I used to have a flat bottom and my figure overall is more curvy now but my butt has a lil shelf and this is all I've had to do to get/maintain it.
  • tennesseeleigh
    Options
    When I was in law school I lifted heavy weights three times a week at a hole in the wall gym where the owner trained me for free. My butt was spectacular. Fast forward to years of doing just cardio, foot surgeries, having a baby, etc., and even though I'm the same weight I was in school (but two clothing sizes bigger), I have a flabby not particularly attractive rear view. I just this week started back to the gym with an emphasis on lifting heavy 3 x a week plus a little cardio. I would have to agree with squats, leg press and deadlifts as a great way to build a better butt. For cardio I would try walking hills (or simulating it on a treadmill with incline).