Share your small wins!

Options

Replies

• stephanieogle35
    Options
    I put on a t-shirt that used to cling so badly around my middle that you could see my belly button (not pretty!) I put it on the other day and it didn't cling, and my hubby noticed the difference, too! Also - I'm using less insulin, my cholesterol got me rave reviews from my doctor, and now that I'm eating better, I can go for a run with much less difficulty (although I'm not going far, and it is still hard).
  • sweettfp
    sweettfp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I really wish there was a "like" button on here- these small wins are wonderful and very encouraging!
    My small win:
    I got a beautiful coat for Christmas from my husband and i couldn't wear it... last week I put it on and it's a little snug yet, but i can fasten it now!!!
  • jesindc
    jesindc Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat a single one of the cashew caramels someone brought in and left in the office kitchen. Nope, not a one. THAT is my NSV for the day ;)
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    i put my hands on my hips and realised they were on my hips, not on flab over my hips :D
    Yes! I did that this morn. Still working on it.
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    At 37 I can now run for 2.5 miles straight! Even at 17 running track I couldn't run 1 mile straight without stopping.
  • Lovett123
    Lovett123 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I was able to get through a session of Level 1 of 30 Day Shred without stopping!
    Some of my tops are starting to be a little baggy on me where my belly has stretched them out!
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I can finally fit back in a shirt I haven't been able to wear for at least 1 year!! Also, a pair of pants that have never fit me... still don't fit, but it won't be long I'm thinking by next month they will be able to zip up they aren't tight on my legs anymore I just can't zip and button them yet
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I was helping teach a class yesterday during our homeschool co-op and we had to entertain the kids for a few minutes while the main teacher went to help someone, someone suggested we do jumping jacks and I thought for sure I wouldn't be able to do them and would be out of breath but I wasn't it felt so good to do that!!!
  • laurenharby
    laurenharby Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've only been doing this for 3 weeks as of today, and I was late for the bus this morning. I was running to catch it and my jeans were literally falling off my hips! That's a victory for me for sure, considering in November I was worried they wouldn't fit soon.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Mine was getting back into a pair of my favorite pants. I have my others on standby. :bigsmile:
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I went to Panera the other night for dinner. I had figured out what I wanted to eat. When ordering the kid asked if the chips were ok for the side. Without thinking I said I want the apple.

Me....I said apple?? I had plenty of cals to have the chips but when asked I automatically picked a healthier option!

That shows me that my mind is shifting to a healthier lifestyle, which is what's most important to me in the long run. Apple over chips.....sounds kinda silly....but it's a biggie for me mentally.
  • pandoraw
    pandoraw Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I ran for 2 whole minutes on the.treadmill today!!:wink:
    That is a big stepping stone. I have been there. Congrats!

I can now run(very slow) 20 min.

I'm not morbidly obese anymore.

Congrats to all of you as your lives change for the better.
  • spiritedsaviour
    spiritedsaviour Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    after a lovely day of food and exercise, being told by the app if every day was like today I'd be 9lbs lighter in 5weeks...very motivating!!
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I'm currently having those delicious muscle pains in my thighs and abdomen from his workout and that's a win for me the fact that I worked out hard enough to feel those without injuring anything.

'Delicious muscle pains'...What a concept!

Thank you for those words. The muscles in my upper arms were hurting today, after doing 30 minutes of upper body exercises with very small weights yesterday. At first, I thought..."You probably used the weights for too long. Maybe, you should not use them for a while. You might hurt yourself. Your doctor wouldn't like that."

My doctors have been so concerned that I not do anything to bring further damage to my LEGS...but not my ARMS. They keep telling to stop, if something causes me pain. That caution was not for my upper body. Duh. :tongue:

So...today, I can celebrate the 'delicious muscle pains' in my upper arms without concern. I will happily use my little weights again without fear of some 'delicious muscle pain'.

Thanks for this insight today.
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    By the way...I reached a Mini Goal today. The 2.4 pounds that I lost last week has now put me in the 240s again. I haven't been at this weight in more than 15 years. Wow! My next Mini Goal is 235 pounds. That will put me half way to the surgery for my new knees...and half way to freedom from my wheelchair.
  • loriamcq
    Options
    Congrats everyone, small victories are very rewarding. They remind us to keep doing what we're doing and to keep working for bigger and better victories.

I've only lost a few pounds but I was putting on my makeup this morning and I smiled at myself ... and I could see my dimples. It made me happy.
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    My mini goal is, I'm not seeing my belly like I did before when I sit down. It's shrinking, slowly but slowly!! :-)
  • unnur16
    unnur16 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    2 days ago i woke up and while i was brushing my teeth i looked at myself in the mirror and did not think oughhh your fat, i thought damn I haven´t look this good in years. and about a week ago i step on the scale and the scale showed me a number i have not seen since beginning of 2007.

and to congratulations on your wins, big or small we are heading in the right way =)
  • redheadedgal
    redheadedgal Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm finally the weight I say I am on my driver's license!

Thanks the Lord above, we don't have to list our weight on our driver's license's in NC. :)
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    A very small victory....This morning while cleaning and picking up things off the floor, I stood up and my shorts I was wearing fell off.... I started crying, I was so happy...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!