Favorite Protein Powders?

Options
Which protein powder do you like best? Do you prefer whey or casein or some other?

Do you vary which kind you use depending on what it is for? ie before/after working or meal replacement?

Replies

• xchouinx
    Options
    Myofusion - chocolate milk or Optimum Nutrition (gold standard) - double rich chocolate
  • dianatogo
    Options
    Myofusion - chocolate milk or Optimum Nutrition (gold standard) - double rich chocolate

Agreed. ON chocolate in a blender tastes just like a shake to me.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Mocha Cappuccino.

ETA: I mix mine w/ 8 ounces of milk. Tastes SOOOO much better than water! :)
  • caseyg9888
    Options
    Whey or casein? Should I just roll with both?
  • fitnwhole
    fitnwhole Posts: 227
    Options
    bump
  • slcostel
    slcostel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I use GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein Vanilla flavor, mixed with some 2% milk. I LOVE it. I have it instead of a snack when my nighttime sweet tooth strikes.
  • MadameMC
    MadameMC Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd like to find one that didn't cost an arm and a leg. Maybe the health food aisle of the grocery store is the wrong place to look though.
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Shaklee Energizing Soy Protein mixed with Lite OJ and coconut oil. Yummy.
  • Tetonia
    Tetonia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Garden of Life raw protein powder. It doesn't give me tummy problems like whey.
  • samanthab19
    samanthab19 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    EAS lean 15, only 100 calories and doesn't taste bad. Combine with a cup of skim milk and you have 25 grams of protein!
  • Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm considering trying out protein powders. Where's the best place to purchase them? In stores (Walmart, etc) or online? I don't want a huge container if I'm just trying them out.
  • Scrimples
    Options
    It really depends on your body. How does your body respond to foods with those ingredients? If you can eat things with whey or casein and still lose or maintain easily they would be okay, but if cheese and dairy aren't your friends try something veggie based like pea. If carbs aren't your friend pay close attention to that when you are looking too as that can vary significantly from one protein source to another. Also, always read the label very carefully, especially for things like sugar as it hides by many names and most find it very surprising how much sugar can actually be in a protein powder. I personally like Metagenics Ultrameal Vanilla. It is for people who have issues with metabolic syndromes. I've also heard, but not tried personally yet, that pea protein that doesn't contain much sugar is excellent health wise.
  • Ericag0598
    Options
    my favorite protein powder is Beverly UMP, it's a casien whey protein. I tried several and it's the only one I like.
    I like it better with skim milk, but water is ok too.
  • KatrinaGrey
    KatrinaGrey Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm considering trying out protein powders. Where's the best place to purchase them? In stores (Walmart, etc) or online? I don't want a huge container if I'm just trying them out.

I think About Time will send you sample packets for a small fee so you dont need to buy a whole container. Other brands may do this as well if you check their sites.
  • jackaroo21
    jackaroo21 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Dymarize iso 100 chocolate. 28 grams protein. One gram of carbs. 106 calories. Have no idea if it's working but figure it can't hurt and it taste good.
  • CarrieStL
    CarrieStL Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I keep Designer Whey Vanilla and Chocolate in my kitchen at all times. I typically purchase it at Trader Joe's for $10/can. 1 scoop has 100 cals, 18 grams protein, and only 2 grams of sugar. I make it with 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla or unsweetened chocolate almond milk (40 cals) and fresh fruit. Typically bananas or berries.

Love it. Tastes great.

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2815246
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Syntha-6. It's delicious.
  • aaronburgess
    aaronburgess Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Casein is probably best taken at night before bed since it is slow burning. Bodybuilders use casein to maintain muscle when they are sleeping. But if you are not a bodybuilder just use whatever you like.

I personally will use whatever is on sale! I just try to watch how much sugar is in the product. I use water and ice and add a little sweetener.
  • on2anewme
    on2anewme Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Champion Nutrition Whey Stack - Cocoa Mochachinno! YUM
  • Jred36
    Jred36 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm using ViSalus. It is the Shake mix that tastes like a Cake Mix!!! I've had awesome results. My mom who is 61 is having amazing results. I love the products so much I became a promoter. Just started my 2nd 90 Day Challenge. They are a amazing company and you can earn your shake mix for FREE even as a customer! Feel free to contact me if you'd like more info.:smile: