Options

Replies

• alltalk199
    Options
    how can I resist, mmmh!
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Ok. I entered it into the Myfitnesspal recipe section and set it up as 12 muffins (which I noticed there was a little note saying you could do this). After doing this, here are the actual nutrition facts if you don't make the 24 smaller muffins:

Servings 12
    Calories 202
    Fat 3
    Carbs 40
    Fiber 5
    Protein 7

Basically, if you make only 12 big muffins, the nutrition goes from 95 to double. I thought that might be useful to note. It's still reasonable if you're eating it for breakfast on the go which is what I'm planning on doing. :)

Monica

P.S. The directions called for making 24 smaller muffins so I decided to figure out if the nutrition matched the 12 or the 24...
  • RunningOnPurple
    RunningOnPurple Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    That looks really, really good!
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    Bump.
  • 20tulipgirl20
    Options
    Oh yum, sweet temptation!
  • runrockclimb
    Options
    bump
  • srworthy
    srworthy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Serendipityunt
    Serendipityunt Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Bumping this to save for later!
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I made these today with sugar instead of stevia. Came out to 150 calories a piece for 12.

One thing I'll say - the batter is quite wet. Even after baking they're incredibly moist. I'd probably reduce the water by just a little in future batches.

Also - because the batter is so light, the chocolate chips all sunk to the bottom. I'd take the tip to heart about only adding half right away and putting the rest on top in the last few minutes of baking.

That said, they're pretty good. I split one in chunks and enjoyed with a scoop of light vanilla ice cream and it was quite the treat!
  • monicalosesweight
    Options
    Oops. I forgot to say I did the recipe with sugar and not Stevia. I'm allergic - too close to Ragweed for my body to handle. Thanks for pointing that out.

By the way, what type of sugar did you use....my recipe ended up 50 calories higher. Did you reduce the quantity?
  • carriempls
    Options
    Oops. I forgot to say I did the recipe with sugar and not Stevia. I'm allergic - too close to Ragweed for my body to handle. Thanks for pointing that out.

By the way, what type of sugar did you use....my recipe ended up 50 calories higher. Did you reduce the quantity?

Regular white table sugar. I checked my recipe over after I saw your post to ensure my totals are right and after checking and changing a few things it's coming up as 151 calories per muffin for 12 (it was exactly 150 before). Not sure how we're different (different chocolate chips? different oats?).
  • carriempls
    Options

Regular white table sugar. I checked my recipe over after I saw your post to ensure my totals are right and after checking and changing a few things it's coming up as 151 calories per muffin for 12 (it was exactly 150 before). Not sure how we're different (different chocolate chips? different oats?).

Now I'm at 176. Didn't have my oats in right. Everything else looks good.
  • monicalosesweight
    Options
    I suspect it's very difficult to match up exact calories. Hmm. You do have me curious though - now I may end up looking for the lowest calorie versions of everything to try and drop the calories. I finally bought the yogurt....now it's just a matter of making it.

Monica
  • rgagnon1
    rgagnon1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Made these last night! Incredible
  • ice3543
    Options
    Mini Chocolate-Chip Cookies

Ingredients
    2 Tbsp salted butter, softened
    2 tsp canola oil
    1/2 cup(s) packed brown sugar, dark-variety
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/8 tsp table salt
    1 large egg white(s)
    3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
    1/4 tsp baking soda
    3 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips, about 1/2 cup

Instructions
    Preheat oven to 375ºF.

In a medium bowl, cream together butter, oil and sugar. Add vanilla, salt and egg white; mix thoroughly to combine.

In a small bowl, mix together flour and baking soda; stir into batter. Add chocolate chips to batter; stir to distribute evenly throughout.

Drop 48 half-teaspoons of dough onto one or two large nonstick baking sheets, leaving a small amount of space between each cookie. Bake cookies until golden around edges, about 4 to 6 minutes; cool on a wire rack. Yields 1 cookie per serving.
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Ok. I entered it into the Myfitnesspal recipe section and set it up as 12 muffins (which I noticed there was a little note saying you could do this). After doing this, here are the actual nutrition facts if you don't make the 24 smaller muffins:

Servings 12
    Calories 202
    Fat 3
    Carbs 40
    Fiber 5
    Protein 7

Basically, if you make only 12 big muffins, the nutrition goes from 95 to double. I thought that might be useful to note. It's still reasonable if you're eating it for breakfast on the go which is what I'm planning on doing. :)

Monica

P.S. The directions called for making 24 smaller muffins so I decided to figure out if the nutrition matched the 12 or the 24...

Thanks for figuring out the correct calories for 12 muffins. It sort of changes the picture a bit for me. I usually try to stick to about 100 calories for a between-meal snack and I don't tend to eat sweet things for breakfast...
  • ThePinkSheep
    ThePinkSheep Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yummy! Thank you!
  • autumnsnow786
    autumnsnow786 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    95 calories? awesome!
  • kermiehiho
    kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Sounds really good. I like the fact that there's no flour. Do you have any pics?

154enoi.jpg

drooool......

That's what I'm talking about! :D
  • karebrr23
    Options
    Yum!