Need sweet treat help!!

Options
124»

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I eat between a teaspoon and a quarter cup of ice cream most nights around nine.

Fat, protein, sweet and I have the calories in my schedule.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    lots of great ideas! i usually grab some dark chocolate 70% or higher, or popcorn. i'm just snack-y in the evening. its probably more habit for me than anything. lol
  • mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want if it fits your goals then dont deprive yourself of something you crave.
  • sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I actually really like sprinkling sugar on top of strawberries. as long as it's not too much.

Sometimes, when I still have a few hundred calories left after dinner, I'll eat cheese and crackers (which is dangerous for me because sometimes I tend to binge on them. I love cheese.)

Peanut butter on crackers or toast.

A granola bar.

And those little cutie mandarin oranges are the best.
  • dianebpotter
    Options
    You can also take graham crackers and put fat free cool whip in between them and it is kinda of like a ice cream sandwich. I believe the points are like 2 if you are doing weight watchers.

I also keep semi sweet choc chip morsals like someone else posted.

I like doing sugar free jello, and mixing fruit in it, with a dab of fat free cool whip on top.

I have also have frozen yogurt in the freezer, i love ice cream, so it is as close as i could get ..

I have noticed if i have something in the fridge that comes close to my cravings, I don't have the cravings half as bad as if i dont buy anything like the sorts then that is all i do is think about it .
  • Crawkins
    Options
    Try experimenting with a basic no-bake cookie recipe. I make one with dried berries, nuts and some brown sugar & honey instead of all that refined sugar. You can customize those so easily and they're super easy to grap and much on if you're in a hurry.
  • wham55
    wham55 Posts: 44
    Options
    Try the dessert gum by Extra :) Only 5 cals and tastes greattt
  • KathrynCatlady
    KathrynCatlady Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    If you're doing low carb, try blending coconut milk or heavy cream with ice, some cocoa powder, and a packet of stevia (or your fave sweetener). This is only if you're cool with higher fat items that won't contribute much at all in the way of carbs! You can add a strawberry, a couple banana slices if you have some carbs to spare, or add flavor with an extract (like banana extract).
  • KathrynCatlady
    KathrynCatlady Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My favorite right now are grapes sprinkled with jello powder and then frozen....way yum!!

I've never put jello powder on mine, but this just reminds me how much I LOVE frozen grapes! Mmmm
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I love frozen grapes, I think they taste like candy.
    Looks like there are lots of us!
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    freeze banana

place in a blender

add what ever ingredients you like
    (vanilla extract, chocolate chips, chocolate powder, craisons, you name it!)

healthy ice cream
  • chikamore2003
    Options
    Patting the sweet tooth's addiction on the head for years has slowly sucked the health right out of my body. Now, obese, and still wanting to have that night crawl looking for the sweet fix, or carbs..... I bottomed out.
    So I checked out the health food store and this old fella that worked there said to take HCG (1/3 of a dropper under the tongue)
    whole for a few minutes,) and follow their diet restrictions and it will work and you won't be hungry, guaranteed.
    What it does, find out by googling HCG Diet. Read all about it, and I am on day 3 and I am only occasionally hungry even though restricted. But being obese, the body will be ok, never fear about metabolism or anything. This diet works if you follow it.
    I am so looking forward to real change, and a lifestyle adjustment so I don't look for the sugar fix.
    It rots my teeth, gave me brittle bones, arthritis, and weakens me so I can't enjoy life with my kids. Activity level zero.
    This won't get easier unless drastic change happens. HCG for 25-40 days, whatever is good for your body type, and your life will change and tastebuds. Good news is here. Its already working, emotionally and physically.
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I cut a Quest protein bar into 6 pieces. I eat a piece about every 5-10 minutes. Usually after the 2nd bite or so from eating so slowly, my craving is gone. Sometimes I eat the entire thing though over about an hour.
  • jjmnet
    jjmnet Posts: 110
    Options
    Lindt 85% cocoa chocolate...

If I really want something sweet or a chocolate hit I will allow myself to have one square of this and it doesn't make me feel as guilty as some of the other things you'd reach for.

One square is about 52 calories and because it is dark chocolate it also has a few health benefits.

^^^^This. With a cup of decaf tea. Soothing and wonderful and you don't feel deprived.
  • bluemoon551
    bluemoon551 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow ice cream and diet A&W root beer.
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Vitatops are my new favorite discovery this week!! Thanks again for all your fun suggestions....this really helped a lot. My next thing I am going to try is the frozen grapes....that sounds really interesting.