rice preference brown or white

Options
I've eaten both, I know brown is more healthy, but it tastes awful to me. like eating raw rice where as white tastes like rice. what kind do you like more?

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i like both, but i really love my white basmati <3
    we usually just use white rice in my house because my youngest daughter and my father-in-law dont like brown
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    White. Brown rice is...bleh.
  • Arwaxx
    Arwaxx Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i enjoy both.. the white rice bloats me up right after i eat it but the brown rice is so easy on the tummy and well healthier
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    You will never get me to part with my white rice.
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    White - Jasmine in particular is my favorite.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    White rice tastes gross. I use a brown and wild mix, or a pre-packaged wild rice blend. Great for flavor, nutrition and filling you up on lower calories. It is best cooked with stock rather than water!!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    White rice tastes gross. I use a brown and wild mix, or a pre-packaged wild rice blend. Great for flavor, nutrition and filling you up on lower calories. It is best cooked with stock rather than water!!

White rice and brown rice have pretty much the same calories
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options

well it's decided. I'm stickin to my whit rice
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I eat primarily Jasmine or Basmati rice.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I prefer brown rice, taste-wise, but the health benefit is marginal. We're talking a gram or two of fiber.
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I've eaten both, I know brown is more healthy, but it tastes awful to me. like eating raw rice where as white tastes like rice. what kind do you like more?

Lose them both, it's poison
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'm not picky... I could go brown or white.

But, when I'm in a pinch I like white (minute) because it cooks faster. But... when I'm on the ball I'll precook brown rice and divide it into individual servings and freeze... so I don't have to be in a pinch so often. :wink:
  • skyhealth
    skyhealth Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I like brown rice better. I like the grainy texture it has and the nutty flavour:)
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options

Still not as filling...
  • fitnwhole
    fitnwhole Posts: 227
    Options
    I eat primarily Jasmine or Basmati rice.

^^^This
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    meh, if you don't mind eating bleached and enriched foods, then stick with your white rice, because yes - calorie-wise they're basically the same. however, as someone else mentioned, white rice won't fill you up as quickly as brown, so there's more of a tendency/risk to overeat.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    White rice with duck sauce. Mmmmm. I'll take an order of vegetable lo mein and 4 spring rolls as well.
  • Jewel0124
    Jewel0124 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I prefer white rice but I have learned to enjoy brown rice as well. I've found a few recipes to make it a little tastier and I've also learned which brands to buy and which ones to stay away from.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    there is so little difference in the health benefits of one vs. the other that you should really go with what tastes best to you. same with white vs. whole wheat in most situations.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I now like brown after finding some with a bit of flavour added to it. Makes it taste so much better and its not too harsh on the cal intake