Ending 1200 Calorie Bashing: Respecting Your Peers

Options
1131415161719»

Replies

• lnjoyw
    lnjoyw Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I realized most of this has already been said, but this whole thing makes me nauseous. Or maybe that's the fact that I only eat 1,200 calories a day....

NOPE, I'm good!

ALL of us have obviously had rocky views of ourselves at one point or we wouldn't be members of MFP. We come here to escape the terrible names (coming from others and from within). This is supposed to be our safe haven, but instead, I am seeing lowering of self worth all over the place.

We are supposed to be supporting each other here, people. Not causing further harm. Think before you type and stop hiding being that computer screen. Because we all know you wouldn't have called her a "hangry *****" to her face.

We are all UNIQUE, UNREPEATABLE, MIRACLES. So can't we all just get along on that common ground?
  • BigJza
    BigJza Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have yet to go less the 2000 cals a day as a goal..and I usually average around 1800 without my exercise...I have lost nearly 60 pounds since the end of september...

Eating too little is a fact..Im sorry but its true..1200 cals is impossible for most people..BUT..whatever works I guess
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Where do I start...

Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include these points:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.

b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

6. No Intentionally Hurtful Topics

Topics which are started with the intent to belittle others, either directly named or through enough descriptive commentary to be possibly identified, are prohibited. This includes stalking a poster through the forums, posting about past events gone sour, divulging personal information, or spreading gossip or rumors. At our discretion, any post referring to the behavior or posts of other users of the site will be removed.

In many cases we are able to edit out the posts that violate these guidelines, but unfortunately this particular thread has become too volatile to moderate efficiently.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    CatCrazy
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.