Leftover Cooked Rice (any kind)

2»

Replies

• Day old rice is, in my opinion, far superior for fried rice than fresh cooked.

My cooking is kind of extreme in terms of portions, so moderate as needed:

6 cups leftover rice
    12 eggs
    1 pound cooked ham, diced
    1 pound cooked shrimp
    2 cans fried spam (don't judge me, I grew up in Hawaii I can't help but like it)
    2 cans peas
    2 cans carrots, dices
    2 cans corn
    soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, and mozzarella to taste (I use a lot)

Makes a ton of food and tastes good.

No Judgement here....just a big smile!! :flowerforyou:
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    If its just a little bit of leftover sticky rice I'll make "rice balls". Add a little soy sauce if you like, mush up some rice into a ball with your hands (get your hands wet first so the rice doesn't stick as much), then wrap a small piece of nori (seaweed wrapper) around it. My kids eat them as snacks all the time--stick some in a bag and have some on the go snacks.
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    I like to eat left over brown rice for breakfast sometimes. I'll add a little bit of brown sugar, almond milk and some cinnamon. Eat warm. It's delicious.
    omg yummm
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Stuffed peppers -
    Cut 3 large peppers in half, clean out the seeds and stuff them with a mixure of:
    your rice (say 1 cup), 1 medium chopped tomato, 1 small minced onion, 1/2 cup frozen corn, 1/2 can of black beans, 1 minced garlic clove and 1/3 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
    Put in a baking dish and pour some spagetti sauce that has been thinned with water (say 1/2 cup of sauce, 1/4 cup of water) over and bake on low temp (or put in hotpot) for 3 hours (until peppers are soft). About 10 minutes before taking out, sprinkle tops with grated parmesan.
  • You can make a soup with it; chicken and Rice soup...yum!
  • cielbee
    cielbee Posts: 62
    Here's a link to a rice salad I love. It's much more delicious than the sum of it's parts. It's delicious with or without the chicken. I often add a can of black beans and more veggies to the recipe. http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Brown-Rice-Salad-with-Grilled-Chicken. You can also top rice into just about any kind of soup, add it to a frittata, or mix in curried veggies.
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    I like to eat left over brown rice for breakfast sometimes. I'll add a little bit of brown sugar, almond milk and some cinnamon. Eat warm. It's delicious.

BUMP on this idea

I add it with fresh salsa to my egg white omlet :)
  • Fried rice is great for leftovers, if not, like some people said, it does freeze very well, make sure you used it all up, AFTER you have defroze it:happy:
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    ClearNotCloudyMind Posts: 238 Member
    Next day lunch:

Rice
    Tin of tuna (in water if you're being fussy)
    Leftover vegetables from dinner
    Salad veg

Chop up everything that needs it and throw into Tupperware. I did this last week and was shocked at how big, easy, nutritious, filling and CHEAP it was. Tasted lovely too.
  • fairbanksk
    fairbanksk Posts: 52 Member
    Try pouring some soup over it. There are many flavors to try.
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    i make a chicken broth with a bullion cube and hot water and throw some extra rice(brown)in it