Share your small wins!

Options

Replies

• rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Yay for small victories! Congrats to everyone above. This morning my hubby said "I can definitly tell you're losing that belly."
    Also people at work are telling me they see a difference :-)
    Today at work it was someones birthday and everyone had cake, cupcakes and icecream and punch. I had one spoonful of frosting and walked away to my office to eat my healthy lunch :-) :-)
  • wendyking1979
    wendyking1979 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I ran for 2 whole minutes on the.treadmill today!!:wink:

I did this on Sunday! It felt amazing!
  • leenvr
    leenvr Posts: 8
    Options
    My weight is now 134.5 lbs and my body length is 6 feet. I am underweight and for me it's very hard to gain weight, but since I keep my food diary I gained 2.2 lbs in one week!! That's my small win!

My goal is 160 lbs
  • OutsideCreativ
    OutsideCreativ Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Might be TMI but... I just showered after my run... and was just thinking it's getting easier to reach around and shave the back/underside of my thigh standing up...
  • emcdonie
    emcdonie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Funny I just posted some. I will share them here too. I loved reading everyone's victories!

Wedding ring and eng ring are starting to slip over my knuckle accidently. I am going to have to put them on a chain for a while. (Not long ago, I could not even wear them as my fingers were too fat for my whopping 10.5 rings) .

I had to move the seat up in my husband's vehicle. I haven't had to do that in years. I have always had to have it all the way back due to my giant rear end "pillow".

I am having to tighten my shoes a lot more each day, shoes that were bought and sized professionally to my feet about 2 months ago. My feet are actually losing weight.

I can cross my legs better and better. I find I sit like that most of the time now. There are some chairs where it is sitll uncomfortable...but fewer and fewer.
  • sbjmorgan
    sbjmorgan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I started running using intervals today and I walked in my neighborhood which has crazy insane hills... I am really proud of myself! :) The soreness after all that today and yesterday's strength training is a win to me too. I love trying for that burn now.
  • addiepray80
    addiepray80 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for sharing your small wins! It was so inspiring to read them all :) I also have been at this for a while and have a few to post. Some of your posts reminded me what mine were.

1. I lifted my foot up to the side of the tub in order to shave my legs and noticed, "My goodness, there is actually a muscle in my thigh!" I seriously have not seen that in my whole adult life.
    2. The day I was able to do 10 REAL pushups!
    3. Reaching the weight on my driver's license (which I'm positive was an exaggeration when I put it on there at 16 years old in 1996)
    4. Buying "L" instead of "XL" and then "M" and now I can even buy some "S" :happy:
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I can cross my legs better and better. I find I sit like that most of the time now. There are some chairs where it is sitll uncomfortable...but fewer and fewer.

I totally remember this! I remember being so fascinated at how thin women can cross their legs with their knees on top of each other and when I tried it I would feel my circulation cutting off LOL now I can cross my legs like that :bigsmile:

this image is how I mean

common-health-mistakes-crossed-legs.jpg

By the way, I just tried it on my low couch and it was uncomfortable as **** lol make sure you're sitting in an actual chair XD
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    7 weeks of holidays ended and today was the first day of work... first thing my immediate supervisor said when i walked in ? 'OH MY GOSH you got THIN!'

I'm only 15 lb down but feel like a million bucks hehe
  • menaisnassuos
    menaisnassuos Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Even though i only lost few pounds only so far...this week at the dentist my blood pressure was 129/87 ...my blood pressure usually run around 150 / around 100...i was very happy to see such a change after a month..i think its all the sodium in the junk food that i avoid now :)
  • jillybean_75
    jillybean_75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have a few of them:

1. Although I haven't lost a lot of weight (yet), I am making healthier choices, and saving money by making new delicious and healthier recipes at home (and my 6 year old is eating them without reservation as well!).

2. I pushed myself to run (albeit slow) a full 2 miles yesterday on the treadmill. Normally I would stop at a mile (since I delightfully found my slower pace), or stop anytime it felt too hard. I pushed myself through!

3. I am drinking more water than ever. I still allow myself a diet soda and coffee in the morning, but before that was ALL I would drink. I now drink 64+ ounces of water just at work, and only water at home from my Brita pitcher.
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    I am stronger.
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Every Monday, my daughter wants a strawberry julius after hockey practice, and my son chocolate milk --- I stop at Dairy Queen on the way home, I don't think twice about not ordering anything.... I am totally over eating "because my kids are" or "because I"m there". I eat when I am hungry, and eat what I want, in moderation if bad!
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I've gotten my very first pair of skinny jeans, size 36 European.
  • DiyahMarie
    Options
    My small wins so far are
    i) After being embarrassed trying on belts in the store to find one that would fit (2x) I now need to buy a new belt.
    ii) Being able to comfortably wear a snap cuff bracelet a friend bought me last year. I was busting out it and now it is on the the smallest snap.
    iii) People commenting on how I have lost weight, even if i am hiding in my baggy clothes.
  • sndiane
    sndiane Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Trying on a size 16w dress and thinking that I could really get it. Considering last year this time, I was making my way above a 22/24W
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm bumping this thread because it's awesome.

And because I have to add today's small victory - I bought a new bra (from an actual bra store with an old lady there doing fittings), and was able to go from a 42 band to a 38!
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    After busting my backside including lifting heavy weights. I've lost 5 pounds in the month of January. So, so happy about this achievement. Cant wait to see what February brings :)
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options

I totally remember this! I remember being so fascinated at how thin women can cross their legs with their knees on top of each other and when I tried it I would feel my circulation cutting off LOL now I can cross my legs like that :bigsmile:

this image is how I mean

common-health-mistakes-crossed-legs.jpg

By the way, I just tried it on my low couch and it was uncomfortable as **** lol make sure you're sitting in an actual chair XD

Okay first, I WANT THOSE SHOES!!!!

Second....even though it's only been 8.2 pounds, a pair of jeans I have that I would put on and have to do two squats to loosen up a bit before they felt comfy, I didn't have to do that this morning. In fact, they were just a smidge loose on the butt and thighs and I had to wear them with a belt today.
  • ScreamingUnicorn
    ScreamingUnicorn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I realized that I have had to keep pulling my pants up every few minutes to keep them from sliding right off!

I already dropped a jean size and bought new pants last month. I now have to roll the top of those new jeans over to keep them from sliding all the way off as I walk ( I don't have a belt yet. I always thought the buckle made my waistline look bulkier than I already was lol)

Also, the number on the scale had been dropping and my clothes just seem to keep getting bigger but I couldn't SEE the difference in my body until today. I have been taking pics to document my weight loss but I could hardly tell the differences even though I KNEW I was losing weight. Today, I can see it in the pics for the first time!!!

Before ( 2 months postpartum )
    Image1-1_zps803c183c.jpg

Today ( 4 months postpartum ) I can see it! I can see it!!
    herbalife4_zps282908fa.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!