everyones success on 1200 calories

Options
2»

Replies

• SassE18
    SassE18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's not just caloric intake you have to watch but the carb and fat intake as well. Are you eating too many carbs, sugar & fat? If you can't do without carbs...try eating a more rich carb breakfast and remove the carbs throughout the day, ending with a high protein dinner.

I also allow myself a cheat day on the weekend.

Good luck :)
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i eat 1200-1300 cals per day, with 1 day every 15th day that i have whatever i want, in any amount, guilt free. started in september at 246, weighed in this morning at 190. im 32, 5 foot 10, mother of 5, full time student, at the gym 3-5 times a week... and my calorie intake does not affect me in negative ways. there are plenty of ways to get in alot of food and nutrients, if your making good choices!
    197-b_zps5365dca8.jpg
    Collage113_zps35257a72.jpg
    newerfattypics.jpg

You look fantastic!!! Awesome Job! Wow you are an inspiration!

thank you! i found what works good for me, my plan allows me to splurge EVERY OTHER SATURDAY, and i like that, because i do have 5 kids, and we do like to go out and induldge... as in, 4000 calorie induldge...
  • lalarox
    lalarox Posts: 37
    Options
    i eat 1200-1300 cals per day, with 1 day every 15th day that i have whatever i want, in any amount, guilt free. started in september at 246, weighed in this morning at 190. im 32, 5 foot 10, mother of 5, full time student, at the gym 3-5 times a week... and my calorie intake does not affect me in negative ways. there are plenty of ways to get in alot of food and nutrients, if your making good choices!
    197-b_zps5365dca8.jpg
    Collage113_zps35257a72.jpg
    newerfattypics.jpg

^^ congrats, you look great!

I'm going to send you a request. You're an inspiration...
  • njcarter42
    Options
    Congratulations, you look amazing!
  • sexybug6
    sexybug6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    looking good just the movation I need
  • crose0056
    crose0056 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    lost 30lbs in 6month sticking to 1200 cals. No exercising either.
  • jeeplovin
    jeeplovin Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is plenty if you choose the right things. I net between 1000 and 1200 calories a day, but i eat anywhere from 1300 to 2000. I use a Jawbone Up, and I log everything. The only time i am hungry, is if I make the wrong food choices. I find it very easy, to stick to 1200 net calories a day. I am 5' 3" 105 lbs, 50 yrs, and work out 5 + days a week.
  • janekocanpayne
    janekocanpayne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started out on 1600, which MFP slowly reduced down to my current 1200. I don't eat my calories back right now, but pan to stay incorporating then as I approach my target weight and beyond. I started my journey in April, and it's been a very successful one so far. I have some other funny little rules (no bread, no alcohol, no late eating, no sweeteners) but they're things I've find work for me over time - that's been the trickiest part, finding a balance and everyone's different so experiment and when you find something that works, stick with it.
    Good luck!
  • MithuCA
    Options
    I some times eat 800-900 calories a day and exercise loosing 400 cals. while in some other days I eat 1600cals. Is this OK?? I have read that 3500 cals is 1lbs. so If I loose 3500 a week does it means loosing 1lbs.
  • sross91149
    sross91149 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have just started a little over a week ago , 1200 calories and I haven't lost an ounce yet. I started feeling frustrated and didn't do too well over the weekend. I am 52yrs old, 170 #s and 5'2...should I be having more calories than 1200? I do have to start exercising, I have started drinking more water which is great for me, I use to have 5-6 pepsi's daily..now I might have 1..any advice would is greatly appreciated.
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    1200-1400 works for me. I don't feel hungry because I eat the RIGHT calories. a sample menu might be:

breakfast: 4 oz chicken fried in half a teaspoon duck fat, scrambled eggbeaters and a large serving of shredded brussels sprouts. That's under 300 calories. I might have a small bowl of cereal later in the day, or a skinny latte, no more than 200 cals. that leaves me 700 for the evening (I dont eat lunch).

dinner might be 6 0z of salmon (330 cals) and a large helping of broccoli - 50 cals. that leaves me 300 cals for dessert, which will be a 150 cal ice cream sandwich or something similar.

I do not feel hungry, deprived, weak, unsatissfied, or unhealthy eating this way. I do exercise (tho ive been taking a break from it, just got back to it last night). usual burns are 400 cals or so. sometimes I eat back a couple hundred calories of it, sometimes I dont.

I've come to realize I need a lot less food than I thought I did. I'm only 5'2", and I'm built small... i just don't need huge meals to sustain myself, and if I try to force myself to eat more, I feel uncomfortable AND I stop losing weight. I'm still 30 lbs from my goal. Once I hit goal I'll probably see if I can do 1600-1800 calories and maintain.
  • lacar60299
    lacar60299 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just started with my fitness pal a few days ago, and my calorie goal is 1200. Do any of you have a sample menu that you use to keep within the 1200? I haven't exercised at all since I started, because I've been sick, but I plan on starting very, very soon.

Any help is appreciated. This is a great, motivating site :)
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    idid 1200 calories per day for 1 year, never went into this mythical starvation mode, never felt drained, never felt starved... i lost 100 pounds, maintained alot of muscle, and feel better now at 33 than i did in my teens. i went from a size 18/20 to a 4/6 in 1 year! if you can do 1200, great, go for it... if you cant, thats fine also, find what works, and go with that!
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200-1300 calories as well and don't starve. But there is little or no place for desserts, sugar drinks, greasy snacks, cookies. One has to eat almost perfectly to stay within goal, not starve and hit macros. My diary is open if anybody is interested.
  • balletpolegirl
    balletpolegirl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I didn't feel hungry on 1200 cals, but I got very very grumpy, I was eating back my exercise calories and the scales weren't going down.
    So now I'm on 1650 cals and not eating back exercise calories. I feel much happier and the scales have finally moved - hooray!
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I've been eating 1200 net calories most of my journey, which began in May 2012.
    I've lost 14 kgs so far, before Christmas I reached almost 18 kgs lost but now I've got a few kgs left to lose.
    When I started this journey I was 83, I'm now 69 and my goal is 65 kgs at least for now.
    I haven't lost more weight throughout this 1 and 1/2 year mostly because I didn't always eat 1200 kcals; I've had some cheat days, I've had entire periods in which I didn't count calories, and so I've gained some kgs, but overall I'm quite satisfied.
    I always eat my calories back (even if not usually all of them) but overall I haven't ever been eating more than 1500-1600 kcals in my journey, at least when I was "dieting". I don't think 1200 kcals is way too low for me since when I'm home I'm usually very quiet and do nothing all day, anyway I usually end up eating more than 1200 considering the calories burned through exercise. I think 1200 kcals might be too low for someone who's not exercising but 1300-1400 might be the best way to start if you're still hungry.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!