do you have any Chinese recipes?

Options

Replies

• dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Here are two of my favorites. The first one is Pad Thai, the other is Thai Basil chicken Fried Rice. I did find the fish sauce really salty, so you may want to adjust that.

http://www.eatcleandiet.com/food_and_recipes/clean_recipe/pad_thai_eat-clean_style.aspx#.UQl4ch3AdBE

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Recipes/recipe?id=10473066
  • kelcro40
    kelcro40 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Stirfry? The description of this recipe is so in depth. :-P
    Just made some last night. I had some milanesa (very thin steak) and sliced it up, put some teriyaki marinade on it. Meanwhile, steamed/stirfried some broccoli and cauliflower, then added meat and stirfried a few minutes more. Add some low sodium soy sauce and more marinade to your taste. You can use any vegetables you like or use chicken. I served over organic brown rice.
  • ThereOnceWasAUnionMaid
    Options
    bump for later!
  • maybabier
    maybabier Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Any meat + any veggies + 1 tbsp of bottled teriyaki sauce (kikoman) or my latest favorite Kung Pao sauce from Panda express (sold at supermarkets) = stir fry.

Top it with an egg = easiest fastest dinner I make for myself after gym.
  • Baloo
    Baloo Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Nothing to add. Bump
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I like doing this: cut boneless pork chops into 1 inch chunks. Mix together orange or apricot preserves, spicy brown mustard, some soy sauce or teriyaki sauce, ground ginger, pepper, garlic powder and parsley. Marinate the pork in the sauce for at least an hour (the longer you do it, the better it tastes). Stir fry.

Another thing I like doing is a beef filet (any type of small boneless steak will do). Marinate in a similar marinade as above. Stir fry with rings of red and green peppers and serve over rice.

I also take a mix of frozen vegetables (I like Birdseye Normandy blend), stir fry in House of Tsang Wok oil with some garlic powder, ground ginger and pepper and then add some cooked chicken and some soy sauce.
  • shelbystatic
    shelbystatic Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    2 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch, divided
    1/4 tsp table salt
    3/4 pound(s) uncooked lean trimmed sirloin beef, thinly sliced against the grain
    2 tsp canola oil
    1 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
    5 cup(s) uncooked broccoli, florets (about a 12 oz bag)
    1 Tbsp ginger root, fresh, minced
    2 tsp minced garlic
    1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
    1/4 cup(s) water
    1/4 cup(s) low-sodium soy sauce

I made this when I was on weight watchers. I left out the ginger and peppers because I didn't have any. The whole family loved it!

Also if you are looking for a single serving convenience. Tei Pai Garlic Shrimp is really good and only 200 calories.
  • shelbystatic
    shelbystatic Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    2 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch, divided
    1/4 tsp table salt
    3/4 pound(s) uncooked lean trimmed sirloin beef, thinly sliced against the grain
    2 tsp canola oil
    1 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
    5 cup(s) uncooked broccoli, florets (about a 12 oz bag)
    1 Tbsp ginger root, fresh, minced
    2 tsp minced garlic
    1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
    1/4 cup(s) water
    1/4 cup(s) low-sodium soy sauce

I made this when I was on weight watchers. I left out the ginger and peppers because I didn't have any. The whole family loved it!

Also if you are looking for a single serving convenience. Tei Pai Garlic Shrimp is really good and only 200 calories.

On a plate, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch and salt; add beef and toss to coat.

Heat oil in a large nonstick wok or large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and stir-fry until lightly browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes; transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon.

Add 1/2 cup broth to same pan; stir to loosen any bits on food on bottom of pan. Add broccoli; cover and cook, tossing occasionally and sprinkling with a tablespoon water if needed, until broccoli is almost crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Uncover pan and add ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes; stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute.

In a cup, stir together water, soy sauce, remaining 1/2 cup broth and remaining 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch until blended; stir into pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and bring to a simmer; simmer until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.

Return beef and accumulated juices to pan; toss to coat. Serve. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.

forgot to add the directions. oops! and its 5 pts ww
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bumpy bump
  • RedM93
    RedM93 Posts: 64
    Options
    bump
  • specialemy
    specialemy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My version of a simple Egg Drop Soup:
    - 1 can low sodium chicken broth
    - 1 slice or two of fresh ginger (to flavor the broth)
    - whisk 1 egg in a bowl
    - allow broth to come to a boil then bring the heat down to medium or medium/low then slowly pour the whisked egg into the pot.

If you wish to add veggies (or other ingredients) you can do so once the broth comes to a boil and let those cook to your liking - then add the egg in at the end. Very simple, quite fast, delicious.
  • jdsgigi
    jdsgigi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    http://www.loveandoliveoil.com/2013/01/weeknight-lo-mein.html

We made this tonight, although we didn't use any of the two oils listed, and substituted tofu shirataki (spaghetti style) for the noodles.

It was great and very filling. I added some chicken breast to mine.
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Here are a couple...

BAKED EGG ROLLS

1 14oz Dole Classic Coleslaw Mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)*
    6 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
    1 cup vegetable broth
    1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
    Egg roll wrappers

*I used julienne carrots, celery and sugar sap peas that I cut myself, but you can use the coleslaw mix…and I didn’t use the chicken cause I didn’t want meat in them.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add garlic and onion. Saute for about 2-3 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add coleslaw mix and cook, stirring frequently, for about 3-4 minutes. Do not let it brown, it will have a burnt taste. Add in veggie broth and chicken; reduce heat to low and let simmer until all liquid is gone. Stir in soy sauce. Remove from heat.

Place the egg roll wrapper so that it looks like a diamond. Add 1/4 cup cabbage mixture to each egg roll, placing it in the middle in between the East and West points leaving some space around the edge. Bring up the South corner and tuck end under filling. Bring the East and West sides towards the middle, they should be just about touching. Then bring the North corner down and wrap it around the egg roll. Place seam side on pan. It's not necessary to seal the edges since you are baking, but you can dip your finger in water and spread it over the seam if you wish. Repeat until you've used all the cabbage mixture (I got 17 out of it).

Spray egg rolls with cooking spray (this will help them brown up) Bake for about 15-18 minutes or until deep golden brown.

ALMOND CHICKEN

in a small bowl stir together :
    1 cup chicken broth
    1 tbsp soy sauce (low sodium is fine)
    1 tsp honey
    1 1/2 tsp cornstarch

set aside

cut up and have ready:
    1/2 cup slivered almonds

1 lb chicken cut into small cubes ( I dry with paper towels then toss my chicken in about 2 tbsp cornstarch just before cooking)
    1 large carrot cut into small dice ( I slice carrot long wise into 4 quarters then slice those to make small dice)
    3 stalks celery also cut into small dice (I cut celery in half long wise then slice)
    8 mushrooms sliced
    1 small can sliced water chestnuts drained
    6 green onions cut into 1/2 inch pieces
    1 tsp ginger (I grate mine but you can mince)

I use a wok but you can use a large frying pan
    in about 1 tsp oil (canola or whatever) cook almonds till lightly brown remove to a small bowl
    next add another 1 tsp oil and fry chicken when cooked remove from pan
    add celery and carrots to pan and stir fry for about 2 minutes add mushrooms and water chestnuts and green onions and stir fry another minute then add ginger stir in almonds then sauce heat through

My oven baked egg rolls never end up crunchy even though I do spray them with oil. Any tips?
  • jtbaddison
    jtbaddison Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Orange%2520Chicken.jpg

Orange Chicken
    (Serves 2)

1/2 cup rice, 1 cup prepared
    8 oz skinless chicken breast cooked and cubed
    1 Yellow onion chopped
    1 green bell pepper chopped
    4 cloves garlic chopped
    1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
    1/2 TBSP crushed red pepper or to taste
    1 orange quartered
    1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
    1 cup diced pineapple
    2 TBSP chopped roasted cashews

Cook rice
    Sautee onions and bell peppers in oil until onions translucent.
    Add in garlic, ginger and red pepper, sautee for 1 minute
    Squeeze orange juice into pan
    Add soy sauce
    Bring to boil and reduce to simmer, simmer for 5 minutes
    Add chicken and pineapple, cook for a minute or 2
    Serve over rice, top with cashews

Note: for a stronger orange flavor zest orange into dish. To save calories make "cauliflower rice" or brown rice, skip the nuts, etc

Calories 445 per serving
    Picture attached
  • wendibartel
    Options
    I have a baked Sweet and Sour chicken reciepe and Mongolian beef reciepe at home. I will post tonight. YUM!
  • LouiseH238
    LouiseH238 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I love chinese food and used to eat it once or twice every week. My favourite was salt and pepper crispy chicken with chips. However now I love this and have it often. Because I just cook for myself I don't often buy fresh veggies as they go bad before I can eat them. I can buy 1kg bags of frozen broccoli and spinach for pennies and add them into every dish.

Chicken and broccoli stir-fry

1 skinless boneless chicken breast of desired size, sliced into thin strips and trimmed of all fat
    6oz frozen broccoli
    4oz frozen spinach
    50g (uncooked weight) dried wholewheat noodles
    1 inch piece of ginger
    2 cloves garlic
    2 spring onions
    2tbsp soy sauce
    1tbsp water
    Cooking spray

Cook spinach, broccoli and noodles according to packet instructions and keep warm. Finely chop garlic and ginger. Coat a frying pan or wok with cooking spray and add the chicken strips. Stir fry on a high heat until the chicken is almost cooked through (should be two minutes or so depending on how thick you sliced the chicken.) Add the diced garlic and ginger to the pan, let sizzle for a few minutes then add the veggies and noodles. Pour over 2 tbsp soy sauce and 1tbsp water. Water will come out of the veggies to form a thin sauce. Heat through thoroughly and serve garnished with chopped spring onion.

I would far rather eat this than a takeaway, it's protein and veggie rich, low in fat and just as easy. You could replace the chicken with tofu or beef and add chiles if you like spice.

Nutrition info varies depending on the size of chicken breast you use, but for what I usually have (8oz raw weight) it works out to 480kcal, 53 carb, 4 fat, 59 protein.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Go to Wegmans.com and look up Sesame Chicken'less. TOTALLY AWESOME! Add some stir fry vegetables, water chestnuts, whatever...super awesome meal.
  • salgalbp
    salgalbp Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! Thank you!