How many 1400 calorie ladies are out here

Options

Replies

• MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1400. I lost lots of weight at 1200, but started having insane binge days. It wasn't sustainable for me. This is much better, and seems like the right amount of food for me.

If anyone wants to friend me, my diary is open to friends.
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I vary between 1200 and 1400 cals, switching up from time to time has helped me greatly.
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    mfp set mine at 1200 and its working or me. I see no reason to change it. :smile:
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    1200 is fine. I have no problem its not strange at all. I just need to up my calories to get a curb on this binge eating stuff. I still hold my ground on the 1200 calorie crew.
  • prettyblu
    Options
    I just upped my intake yesterday to 1400. Hope this works!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Yay.

Sounds like a (potentially) good idea. (Just remember to be patient...and don't be afraid to seek out people here who have gone through a similar transition.)

Best of luck to you. :flowerforyou:

ETA: Oh, and ignore the fact that I'm a guy posting on a "ladies only" thread. Someone sent me a link. I'm not a creeper. Wait, by saying that, it makes me sound even more creeperish. Hmph. Well, guess I'll just leave now. :slowly backs out of room:
  • BigBigBertha
    BigBigBertha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Upped mine to 1400 net on Monday :)
  • Polywoggs
    Polywoggs Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1400 as well. I upped it from 1200.

Something didn't feel right.
    I drink lots of water (cut out sodium, dont normally drink sodas) have lots of energy and feel pretty good- except after 4 days of 1200 cal- I started feeling bloated...I still feel bloated.

-dont know how I could feel great in one blink and in the next, feel like a busted can of biscuits...too weird.

Hopefully this helps!
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Upped mine just before Christmas. I couldn't stay within 1200 and if I did I was starb\ving. 1400 is good, I eat backe exercise calories but usually can stay around the 1400 /
  • lolwutshannon
    Options
    MFP has me set at 1590 calories since I exercise "moderately." However, I usually only consume 1300-ish. I always work out in the evenings, so I always plan my workouts ahead of time. If I know I'm going to work out hard that night at the gym I'll eat closer to 1500 during the day. If I only plan on lifting weights or doing 30-45 minutes of cardio and leaving it at that I'll eat 1200-1300.
  • suzely0530
    suzely0530 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I just upped my calories to 1400 calories to see how this works for me. before I was eating 1000-1100 calories. its my first day at 1400.

I increased my calorie goal to 1400 a few days ago (from 1200). So far I think I feel better...not as hungry. Not sure about the weight loss as it is too soon and I'm trying very hard not to weigh myself daily. My diary is also open if you care to take a peek or send a friend request :)
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    This girl! Right at 1400..works pretty well for me
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm set for 1400. I usually get in about 1380-1390. I'm also doing IF, so we'll see how that goes.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I have been on around 1480 for some time now and have been constantly losing 1lb a week. My diary is open. Due to OH health problems we have to mostly stay away from processed foods and salt, so tend to buy fresh food and cook from scratch. My protein is set to 1g for each lb of my lean body mass as I am weight lifting and I want healthy repair and retention of my muscles.
  • akh1030
    akh1030 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1410 and I love it! 1200 was just impossible for me, I was cranky and irritable and HUNGRY. 1400 is just right. I don't always hit it, I'm under a few days over over a few too, but for the most part 1400 is perfect. I lose about a pound a week pretty steadily, down 18 so far!!
  • knitincrazee
    knitincrazee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get my 1428 in and it is difficult! Suggestions?
  • scress0514
    scress0514 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i'M TRYING TO KEEP MIND BETWEEN 1200-1400, THIS SEEMS TO WORK OUT WELL FOR ME RIGHT NOW, THIS HASN'T ALWAYS BEEN THE CASE IN THE PAST. i WASN'T EATING ENOUGH CALORIES AND FOUND WHEN I STARTED TRACKING THAT I WAS ONLY GETTING 900-1000 DAILY, TALK ABOUT STARVING!!!
  • Pbgrl04
    Pbgrl04 Posts: 129
    Options
    Mine is set at 1410! I try not to go over 1500 I'm pretty good at staying under! Feel free to add me my diary is open!
  • VirtuousVal
    VirtuousVal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I just upped my calories to 1400 calories to see how this works for me. before I was eating 1000-1100 calories. its my first day at 1400.

I too am starting on Feb 1st, I decided to increase my Daily Calorie Intake from 1200's Calorie Range to up my daily calories to consume 1,395 Calories daily. I am also going to increase my Daily Calorie Burns to plus 20 minutes/ +1mile on my Bowflex TreadClimber.

Height:  5ft &  5in OR 165 cm
    Weight: 218 lbs OR 98.8 kg
    Daily activity level: Light activity
    TDEE 2340 Calories
    Basic Metabolic Rate is 1702

The "Dreaded Plateau" has come to visit me since late November and he still hasn't left yet!! I am a person who has alot of Patience! BUT This is making me more frustrated than words could say! I have developed a Fear now of eating more Calories!

Since I have a Tremendous amount of weight to lose to get to my Ultimate Weight Goal of 145 lbs-62 lbs. When I set my Goals on MFP it tells me to consume 1200's Calories per day!?!?

I have learned to mostly stay away from processed foods! Due to my High Blood pressure I've lowered my Sodium/Salt intake to 2300 mg, MFP macros are set Auto at 2500 mg! I no longer have swollen ankles and inflammation! I tend to buy "fresh & Clean Foods" and cook at home from scratch. Eating out is no longer a weekly occasion, It's now more like once every 4-6 weeks! I've Completely cut out soda and Juices! Although I have just added a Ninja to my Healthier Lifestyle Changes so I can incorporate Protein Shakes & Smoothies into my Healthier Healthier Lifestyle!

In the initial stage of weight loss it's mostly lot of water weight! At the 1200's Range, I've lost 23 lbs. & 33.0" Inches in 230 Days!
    I have been stuck at the same weight for 2 months now!!
    I am slowly Gaining weight on low cals and exercise...and if anyone thinks there is no such thing...They are so wrong!

After alot of Research online. I read Calorie Cycling or HIIT is what will get the Scale to move down again!
    I wish MFP would create an option or feature to Calorie Cycling!?! Suggestions are Welcome and Encouraged!

So I outsmarted MFP Calculations and set up to lose 8 lbs (2 lbs per week) for 4 weeks (1 month).

My TDEE ( Total Daily Energy Expenditure ) is 2340 calories.
    My BMR ( Basic Metabolic Rate ) is 1702. I decided for this last week in January to lower my Daily Calorie Intake from 1252 -1200 calories.
    So starting Feb 1st I decided to increase my Daily Calorie Intake from 1200's to 1395 calories daily. I am also going to increase my Daily Calorie Burns to 20 minutes on my Bowflex TreadClimber.

This is what I used to calculate my stats!

*Per CALORIE SECRETS.com
    http://www.caloriesecrets.net/how-many-calories-should-i-burn-a-day-to-lose-weight/

Calories Required To Lose Weight

How many calories should I eat to lose weight? The Calorie calculator allows you to calculate how many calories you should eat a day in order to lose a certain amount of weight by a certain date.

BMR and Daily Calorie Calculator

Your age: 
    Your gender:   
    Your height:  
    Your weight: 
    Daily activity level: 
    CHOOSE one of the following
    #1 No sport/exercise 
    #2 Light activity (sport 1-3 times per week) 
    #3 Moderate activity (sport 3-5 times per week) 
    #4 High activity (everyday exercise)  #5 Extreme activity (professional athlete)  
    How much weight you want to lose?
    When do you want to lose it? 
    My protein is set to 1g for each lb of my lean body mass as I am weight lifting and I want healthy repair and retention of my muscles.

QUESTION?
    Please clarify the 1g for each lb of my lean body mass? How does one calculate this to apply this?

QUESTION #2
    What and How does one determine the appropriate % or Macro % ?? Once you determine your NEW Daily Calorie Intake?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Interesting turn of events