Replies

• babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    lol its okay we`ve all done it :)
  • babyblake11
    Options
    The real question is - how much can she bench?

she likes to curl 1s and 2s and press a baby bar ;)
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I think she should be on at least 2500 calories, lifting HEAVY 4 days a week, and doing zero cardio. It's the ONLY way she's going to grow up with a beach body. At 1100 calories you are setting here up for failure. She will have no energy, her hair will fall out, she will loose any muscle she may have been born with and will look skinny fat which we all know looks horrible.

I agree. I'm skinny fat because of eating so low while trying to build muscle and burn fat. I'm losing hair, period has stopped, dry skin, ect....Not fun. I was a lot nicer looking and felt so much better before i even started.

read the post please!

I read it over again and noticed the age. Now i feel stupid... It's like people aren't allowed to make small mistakes anymore.

dont feel stupid! you got something out of it...good luck and i hope you feel better and reverse the things that have been happening.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    She's growing and I'm not. My 20 yo son can eat probably 2500-3000 a day with no harm. He's male and young. I am female and "older'" and have a desk job, so my calorie needs are less, unfortunately. People's needs are different.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Love it.

Also, this:

IMG_3726.jpg
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Adds up to 1110 calories per day

Now... tell me why you are 5x plus her bodyweight and intend to eat the same amount :)

all babies are different. what works for one baby, might not work for another baby. maybe other babies find it impossible to eat more and they are simply not hungry.

wait...

what?

nevermind.

:bigsmile:

seriously though, good idea for a post. i was thinking this morning about starting a thread where everyone who has ever tried VLCD for a prolonged period of time can list the problems they encountered and why now they are so glad they have bumped up their calories and are losing weight the right way. and by right, i simply mean healthy.

some of the VLCD side effects:

- hair loss
    - bad skin
    - lethargy. crankiness. unhappiness. constant hunger.
    - slowed metabolism, thus easier to store fat when you do eventually binge
    - loss of muscle

etc.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    this is a typical day of my 20month old, 11kg daughter who doesnt put weight on easily.

Breakfast:
    1.5 weet bix with 1/4 cup non dairy milk (intolerant), mango chunks and a tsp of chia seeds. 150cals.

Snack:
    1/2 PB and banana sandwhich (or sometimes just fruit) 175cals.

Lunch:
    Meat, veg and fruit. 125cal

Snack:
    1/2 PB and banana sandwhich 175 cal

Afternoon bottle:
    Coconut cream and a cup of non dairy milk and sometmes honey150cal

Dinner:
    Meat, fruit and veg (and smetimes pasta) 125cal

Nightime bottle:
    same thing 150cal

Now... tell me why you are 5x plus her bodyweight and intend to eat the same amount :)

the sad thing is, so many people will come on here, see this and follow it...

nah, i believe it might make them think.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Your daughter is obviously a special snowflake :tongue:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! Really puts things into perspective.
  • kandijo0306
    kandijo0306 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I get what you are trying to say, but the metabolic needs of a 2 year old aren't the same as that of an adult needing to lose weight, and really shouldn't be compared.
  • babyblake11
    Options
    She's growing and I'm not. My 20 yo son can eat probably 2500-3000 a day with no harm. He's male and young. I am female and "older'" and have a desk job, so my calorie needs are less, unfortunately. People's needs are different.

i could eat 2500-3000cal a day and `get away` with it
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Are these people thick? im sure this about your daughter?? or am i thick?
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    this is a typical day of my 20month old, 11kg daughter who doesnt put weight on easily.

Breakfast:
    1.5 weet bix with 1/4 cup non dairy milk (intolerant), mango chunks and a tsp of chia seeds. 150cals.

Snack:

Lunch:

Snack:

Afternoon bottle:

Dinner:

Nightime bottle:
    same thing 150cal

the sad thing is, so many people will come on here, see this and follow it...

nah, i believe it might make them think.

The OP clearly states this is her 11 month old daughter calorie intake not hers! god you self rightious plonkers, read before you jump in!
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I love this, and totally agree! (My son is allergic to caesin so he's on soy milk...I've tried rice, almond, and coconut, but he won't drink them)
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    Not looking to start a fight, but not all facts are necessarily presented
    a) she's growing so her metabolism is working much faster
    b) I bet she runs around all day playing burning way more calories than I do sitting at my desk for 10 hours

Just a couple of things that I feel that also need to be considered....
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love it! I will never eat under 2000 ever again....
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options

i could eat 2500-3000cal a day and `get away` with it

Plus - the 20 year old son is probably larger than the mother - more height and more muscle.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    OK Listen I get what your saying, and I'm not saying you are a bad parent by any means. Its just mfp sets you at 1200 calories. She should really be over on sparkteens, or my fitness toddler (tm). but I do have one nagging issue with your meal plans!

What do you do with the other half of the peanut butter and banana sandwich, and can I have it?

pinkie_pie_dancing_gif_by_cerberus370-d51vtfc.gif
  • kandijo0306
    kandijo0306 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Not looking to start a fight, but not all facts are necessarily presented
    a) she's growing so her metabolism is working much faster
    b) I bet she runs around all day playing burning way more calories than I do sitting at my desk for 10 hours

Just a couple of things that I feel that also need to be considered....

Seriously! I don't think neither of my kids (2 years old and 3 years old) are capable of sitting still for 2 seconds!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

Breakfast:

Snack:

Lunch:

Snack:

Afternoon bottle:

Dinner:

Nightime bottle:
    same thing 150cal

:heart: