Yoga Class Question

Options

Replies

• matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I guess "not straight" was used in the wrong context and not what I meant...I have nothing wrong with gay people but I just don't want total strangers judging me..it's a smaller town, people talk...which is why I posted this topic!
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    If you are there to gain the benefits of doing yoga, the others will recognize that and accept you as part of the group. If you are there to hit on them and not gain the benefits of working out, they will recognize that as well and you'll be labeled as "the annoying guy that is only there to hit on them" person.

If you are worried that by doing yoga, you'll be categorized as "Not straight", then you have bigger issues.

I never said by "doing yoga" I'd be categorized as that...if you see on my wall, I do it twice a week...I'm saying in a class full of younger to Middle Aged women and I'm a 20 year old guy, would it look weird to the people in the class
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Not weird at all there are a few men in my yoga classes. Doesn't bother me or phase me one bit. Yoga is great and not just for women! Men shoudl get the benefits too :)

And one of those benefits is being the only straight male in a room full of hot, sweaty, flexible chicks, that have a lot of free time on their hands. You won't have to creep them; they'll come up to you.

Go get your yoga on, son.

Yeah, this too!
  • szonjakun
    szonjakun Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Just go to the class and have a good time :)
  • jewnbugs
    jewnbugs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love yoga because it is my only me time. I don't care who else is in the class, including the one guy in my class. Yoga is amazing- just do it!!
  • pascale485
    pascale485 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    doesn't matter if there is guys or not,

except if the ONe guy has super short shorts and his ''junk'' is hanging out all the time....

happend to me in Pilates... had to tell the teacher!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options

I never said by "doing yoga" I'd be categorized as that...if you see on my wall, I do it twice a week...I'm saying in a class full of younger to Middle Aged women and I'm a 20 year old guy, would it look weird to the people in the class

Not weird at all. You might even get other guys to start coming - if they noticed one guy in the class. You might become the pet of the middle aged women, depending on the class vibe - remember, you would be young enough to be their kid.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the same excuse that women use to not go in the weight room.

Just get over it and go. Who cares what other people think. You're getting the workout you want.
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Not weird at all there are a few men in my yoga classes. Doesn't bother me or phase me one bit. Yoga is great and not just for women! Men shoudl get the benefits too :)

And one of those benefits is being the only straight male in a room full of hot, sweaty, flexible chicks, that have a lot of free time on their hands. You won't have to creep them; they'll come up to you.

Sorry to say but this is BS. Never have I seen a girl/woman go up to a guy in class and start flirting...we take our yoga seriously. It's not social hour or a place to pick up guys.
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    please explain what the wrong idea would be

Like either perverted, or not straight

Not sure why women would assume either, but so what if they did?
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

Sorry to say but this is BS. Never have I seen a girl/woman go up to a guy in class and start flirting...we take our yoga seriously. It's not social hour or a place to pick up guys.

Been hit on plenty of times in classes.
  • whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options

At my gym there is generally a good amount of socializing before and after classes (though admittedly not during).

OP, go to the class! Yoga is for everybody.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    If they're more concerned with who is in the class rather than why they're there, then they are missing the entire point of yoga in the first place. I get the whole small town thing; but there are more important things in life to focus on.

I have gone to classes where we are packed in like sardines. I don't notice anyone because I'm too busy concentrating on what I'm doing. If they're focusing on you and not themselves again, they are missing the whole point of yoga.

bottom line: GO
  • mollylookalike
    mollylookalike Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    my brother goes with me and he's usually the only guy. we are actually (usually) the two youngest people in the class, and we're in our early 30s.
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Definitely go! Someone has to be the first in any situation, might as well be you!

I have 1 guy in pretty much all of my classes I go to, I dont think anything of it.
  • Controversial
    Controversial Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I love to see guys in my yoga class, though it's very rare. And if you're single, keep in mind, we like strong AND bendy! :love:
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    It's great to be the only guy in yoga . do it
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I took my ex to a yoga class once....he kept trying to make conversation with the teacher DURING CLASS! He never stops talking lol.
  • healthyloserxxx
    Options
    There's usually only one guy at any yoga class I've attended. I always think....'this guy is smart, knows what's good for him'. Check out 'Sting' he does yoga several hours a day...nothing funny about him!
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    ive often seen just one guy in yoga classes, no one is going to judge you as being a perve... unless you have trouble keeping your eyes off all the cute tushes in yoga pants lol.

I went to a class recently where men outnumbered women. We actually had a good laugh at it and joked that "it's about time!"

go. don't worry about it.