1100 calorie diet!!!

Options

Replies

• jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    HA!! Awesome post!! But it will probably be followed with about a 100 'why are people on MFP so mean?' threads lol or the current fave 'Why are people such bullies on this site'. Brilliant though, I love it! :bigsmile:
  • 1newcat
    1newcat Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wow, people really can't take things in the spirit they were meant in online. I can only imagine what would happen if people behaved this defensively face to face in a coffee shop. Hell, i could add another 1000 then, i'd be burning mad calories slappin stupid people if i was spoken to like some seem to. Smh
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    HA!! Awesome post!! But it will probably be followed with about a 100 'why are people on MFP so mean?' threads lol or the current fave 'Why are people such bullies on this site'. Brilliant though, I love it! :bigsmile:

Lol. Yet, like moths to the flame, they will gravitate here and make accusations, even though no-one is forcing them to come on the thread and read it. :smile:
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I think she should be on at least 2500 calories, lifting HEAVY 4 days a week, and doing zero cardio. It's the ONLY way she's going to grow up with a beach body. At 1100 calories you are setting here up for failure. She will have no energy, her hair will fall out, she will loose any muscle she may have been born with and will look skinny fat which we all know looks horrible.

Win. :flowerforyou:
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    The night-time bottle may get them thinking though....but you never know on the other hand
    [/quote]

LMAO!!

I'll take a nightime bottle... filled with alcohol..
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    The average toddler runs around a lot more than I do.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    *bangs head on desk*
  • wrotruck
    wrotruck Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The average toddler runs around a lot more than I do.

The average toddler also takes more naps and probably sleeps longer at night.

+1 OP
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    This thread is full of win! Wish I could hang around and giggle some more, but it's time for me to lift heavy stuff and eat a bunch of food...OP, you are a star! xx
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    But does she even LIFT???

1350982821-Bro-do-you-even-lift.jpg
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    *bangs head on desk*

Right!

OP- :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Not looking to start a fight, but not all facts are necessarily presented
    a) she's growing so her metabolism is working much faster
    b) I bet she runs around all day playing burning way more calories than I do sitting at my desk for 10 hours

Just a couple of things that I feel that also need to be considered....

I would imagine at her daughters tiny weight, she is still expending less energy than a person carrying 100-200lbs of weight on their body... I could be wrong though.

Her daughter is growing *every* day in some form. Brain development, organ development, height, weight. etc. She actually is expanding much more energy than you think.

Which is why, OP, I totally get what you're trying to do... but it's a biiiiit of a fallacy.

The fallacy would be if the OP said you weigh 5X what my daughter does so you should eat 5X (i.e. 5,500 calories). Saying that you weigh 5X as much as her daughter so you probably need more than 1,100 calories isn't really a fallacy.

I sit at a desk all day and on days I don't work out I can still eat well over 1,100 (or 1,200 thx MFP) calories and still lose some weight, just not all in one day and if I lose it at a slower pace I'll feel better during the process and am less likely to give up. When I was stupidly trying to stick to 1200 calories/day even with eating back my exercise calories I would get burnt out and give up after about a week or completely binge on weekends and undo any progress I had made during the week.
  • greenpointmoni
    Options
    This thread is full of win.:tongue:
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Notice how the OP and a lot of those talking sense on this thread have killer bodies? I'm gonna do what they do!
  • ladyfingers73
    ladyfingers73 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Awesome post.

I have a person on my friends list who is vegan and eats about 500 cals a day. I've said little things and she ignores me. I'm not sure how long I can take this ;)
  • popo0509
    popo0509 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I think she should be on at least 2500 calories, lifting HEAVY 4 days a week, and doing zero cardio. It's the ONLY way she's going to grow up with a beach body. At 1100 calories you are setting here up for failure. She will have no energy, her hair will fall out, she will loose any muscle she may have been born with and will look skinny fat which we all know looks horrible.

Dude....are u serious? Someone obviously didn't read the whole post.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options

And some people don't get sarcasm.
  • martinh78
    martinh78 Posts: 601
    Options

What do you think? :huh:

Jeez there are some tetchy folk on here!

To the OP - your daughters off to a great start and has a great role-model. Keep up the good work.
  • hrubyk1804
    Options
    I hear what you're saying...and to the OP, you obviously know what you're talking about because you look great!. However, for us
    'beginners' ...when MFP is telling us to eat at a certain level to lose the weight we want to lose, it's hard to say..."you're wrong, I need to eat more"....lol....just sayin.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I hear what you're saying...and to the OP, you obviously know what you're talking about because you look great!. However, for us
    'beginners' ...when MFP is telling us to eat at a certain level to lose the weight we want to lose, it's hard to say..."you're wrong, I need to eat more"....lol....just sayin.

if you're really heavy, the temptation to shoot for more than 2lbs per week of weight loss is very strong. i know. i've been there. and you can get away with for a number of weeks or months too, but there are consequences. your hair will start falling out because of your high calorie deficit. you will lose muscle mass. your metabolism may start slowing more than can be explained by the loss of muscle mass. you'll be hungry and susceptible to binges. if you lose all of your weight this way, when you go back to eating "normal" amounts of calories, expect to put that weight on again more easily. if you understand all of the consequences and still decide to do it, then that's your choice. however many, many people here have been down that road and found that it wasn't worth it and they regret not losing the weight in a slower, more healthy way. just ask them... they are here and willing to share their experiences. that's really all that any of us are saying. we know lots of "1200" people cannot be dissuaded. there is no point in arguing with them... they are going to do what they've decided to do. but some of these folks are following that dietary goals because they don't know the consequences. that's who we're trying to reach. i sometimes only eat 800 or 900 calories a day myself. but that's because on those days i'm not that hungry, usually because i ate 3500 or more the day before. so if you have low calorie days from time to time, i think that's normal. but trying to stick to a low calorie goal for many weeks or months can and will eventually become counterproductive to your long term success. if you have a medical reason and supervision to go on a low calorie diet, that's obviously an exception. also, if you're a hobbit, then 1100 calories might be the right amount as well. but for most adults, it's probably going to be too low.