Did you know? ((my cheesy little game))

Options

Replies

• symkat
    symkat Posts: 70
    Options
    Did you know that in baltimore we call them "tennis shoes"..while other places call the "sneakers"..............

We call them trainers in the UK :)
    I'm in ohio and we call them gym shoes
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Did you know that in baltimore we call them "tennis shoes"..while other places call the "sneakers"..............

and in the UK they're called "trainers" and in the north of England they're called "pumps"
  • CoralDream
    Options
    Really? Only 100 calories:ohwell:
    [/quote]

haha It must depend on certain things!!!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    did you know...

bonobo chimps use sex for conflict resolution. Many people point out the similarities between bonobos and humans when it comes to sex (such as both using sex for bonding) however I can't see how this would end well in human societies....

two guys front up to each other during a conflict in a bar. one of them reaches out and gropes the other one's manhood....

can't see that resolving the conflict somehow....
  • disdatdude
    Options
    Did you know you could burn 100 calories by walking fast for 15 minutes?

Makes me wonder about the other 100 calories burner :wink:
  • symkat
    symkat Posts: 70
    Options
    Really? Only 100 calories:ohwell:

haha It must depend on certain things!!!
    [/quote]
    Yeah if someone is only burning 100 calories during sex there not doing it the fun way. :tongue:
  • rhubarboo
    Options
    Did you know that kangaroos can't jump backwards?!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

Pittsburghers call them tennis shoes too. To this day, I think it's weird when someone calls their shoes 'sneakers'. We also call soda 'pop' and as has been mentioned, have been eating 'hoagies' since the dawn of... well, hoagies.
  • __stacyb
    __stacyb Posts: 306
    Options
    @BJLeech you're from the burgh too :)

Did you know the extra skin on your elbow is called your wenis
  • AmesMc1972
    AmesMc1972 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Did you know that 24% of all homes have some sort of lawn ornament?
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Did you know that I can identify each of the buses at my school by the way the engine sounds?

JM
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Options

Yep - born and raised! From Penn Hills, but Mt. Washington was always my favorite place to live in Pgh. You?

Also, I cannot leave this thread without adding another fact - chameleons change their colors not to blend in with the environment, but as a way to communicate - they actually change colors when their moods change... nature's mood ring, if you will.
  • disdatdude
    Options
    I'm a burger, you're a burger....wouldn't you like to be a burger too!:laugh:

Did you know that Pittsburghers don't say, "You all" or "Ya'll"...we say "You'nce" (pronounced 'yunce')?
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Did you know that after you have kids you will never ever wake up feeling refreshed.

There are only different levels of tiredness on a scale of 1-10.
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Did you know that you can get water marks out of wood by putting a cotton cloth over them and ironing it on low heat with and iron or that hairspray will get ink stains out of cloths :)
  • dakotawitch
    dakotawitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Did you know that Kellogg's corn flakes were originally created to be used as part of a bland diet, the main goal of which was to prevent *kitten*? (It's true, look it up. Same goes for graham crackers.)
  • DefluffinMyStuffin
    DefluffinMyStuffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options

Did you know the extra skin on your elbow is called your wenis

Laughing so hard! Wenis. *LOVE*

"My, your wenis is lovely. Can I touch it?" :flowerforyou:
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Options
    I'm a burger, you're a burger....wouldn't you like to be a burger too!:laugh:

Did you know that Pittsburghers don't say, "You all" or "Ya'll"...we say "You'nce" (pronounced 'yunce')?

After yinz other burgers are done workin' aht, worsh up and we'll go get some jumbo hoagies at Gian' Iggle.
  • My3Sons1051
    My3Sons1051 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Did you also know that is illegal to go whale hunting in Oklahoma?
  • __stacyb
    __stacyb Posts: 306
    Options

Yep - born and raised! From Penn Hills, but Mt. Washington was always my favorite place to live in Pgh. You?

Also, I cannot leave this thread without adding another fact - chameleons change their colors not to blend in with the environment, but as a way to communicate - they actually change colors when their moods change... nature's mood ring, if you will.

Mt. Washington is a beautiful view that's for sure, I'm west of the city, just inside Beaver County