Favourite childhood TV shows?

Options
13»

Replies

• srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    This is going to age me, but the show that made me continuously laugh out loud was Carol Burnett. Tim Conway was amazing and when Harvey Korman started laughing at Tim, it was too much.

Sorry for those that don't remember that, it may have even been reruns that I watched???

I would love to know that someone else remembers Mr. Tudball and Mrs. Wiggins, and Tim as the old, SLOOOOOW fireman.

Thanks for bringing up this topic and making me remember that!

I remember this as well....but, I do have a few years on you!! That was one of the best shows ever.

Also Laugh In, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, M*A*S*H, The Andy Griffith Show and The Rookies.

Theses shows were so damn funny .... actual comedy.

:bigsmile: Adding -The Brady Bunch, The Partridge Family, Love American Style,My Favorite Martian, & Hobo Kelly! yes I'm a bit older then some....& I Love Lucy!!!
  • Anmariee
    Anmariee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was a Saved by the Bell expert. I still know most of the lines in most of the episodes. I also wrote Mark Paul Gosselaar an impassioned fan letter when I was 7.

Also loved Full House and the entire TGIF lineup during the 90s. SNICK on Nickelodeon was awesome as well.

So basically my childhood was Saved by the Bell on weekday afternoons, TGIF on Fridays and SNICK on Saturdays. Good times.

This was the goodlife for a middleschooler :)
  • DeBiKin
    DeBiKin Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    When I was real little I remember being sad that Bozo the clown wasn't going to be on anymore...
    Then I remembered really liking the nice girls on Petty Coat Junction and wishing I could wriggle my nose like Samantha on Bewitched.
    A little later, I looked forward to seeing the cute British boy on H. R. Puffenstuff, I think in retrospect that it was mostly the accent.
    I loved Laugh-In.
    I hated Archie Bunker but you still had to watch All In The Family like Archie was a train wreck or something.
    I got a little bored with most mid day (after school) offerings when I was a teenager so I watched reruns of the old black & white Superman (with George Reeve).
    Saturday Night Live was new and bold so when I was in high school and it was the next best thing to Laugh-In.
    Then there was the late night Don Kirshner's Rock Concert! Staying up late on a Friday or Saturday night... those were the days.
    (and of course, Carol Burnet).
    There was no such thing as a VCR so you had to watch everything when it was on or you'd miss it altogether.
    I also remember back about that same time, hearing about this cool "new"thing they were going to be coming up with: They were coming up with a way that you could pay to have television channels without commercials... I was totally excited, I was willing to pay for this "new" Cable thing so that I wouldn't have to sit through commercials! Ha! The greedy broadcast moguls figured out how to get us idiots to pay for cable and still have commercials! They doubledouble dip!
    Thank goodness for DVRs!
    When my kids were little I liked watching Animaniacs with them... My son was so exited recently when he saw that I had DVRed it! It's back on the Hub (cable channel) :D
    Another post just reminded me of some other favorites... Eddie Corbit was cute on Courtship of Eddie's Father, I also liked Sissy, Buffy & Jody on Family Affair, Nanny & the Professor and My Three Sons.
    Thanks for the nostalgic topic, this was fun!
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Rainbow Brite and Fraggle Rock!!!! I saw a clip from Fraggle Rock recently and man were they on some drugs