New Round of P90X!

Options

Replies

• razor_fever
    razor_fever Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Chest & Back done! I did my Turbo Fire abs instead of ARX because I feel it more! It's 10 min of pure core/abs work! I love it! Anyway, 89 days left! Woo hoo!

Question for you, if you don't mind. Do you put any calories burned down in MyFitnessPal for the P90X? I know the strength days are not considered aerobic. But I figure I have to be burning some extra calories. When I do the P90X strength days, I end up fast-forwarding a lot because as soon as I am done with one exercise I move on to the next. Sometimes on the DVD there is a wait of 30 seconds or so while someone finishes up, or while Tony is talking. I skip all that so I figure it's a slightly more intense work out.

I know since I have started using MFP, I feel like crap on my strength days because I don't get any "extra" calories to eat.

Thanks,
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    razor_fever: I usually wear my Body Media and I don't burn a ton of calories with my weight days. However, keep in mind that with weights, you're still burning calories for hours after! My suggestion is maybe to have your weight days be a lower cal day and so on. For me though, on some of my weight days, I also teach P90X and Turbo Kick. I teach 4 days per week so on those days where I'm basically working out twice, I eat more.

Does that help a bit?
  • razor_fever
    Options
    razor_fever: I usually wear my Body Media and I don't burn a ton of calories with my weight days. However, keep in mind that with weights, you're still burning calories for hours after! My suggestion is maybe to have your weight days be a lower cal day and so on. For me though, on some of my weight days, I also teach P90X and Turbo Kick. I teach 4 days per week so on those days where I'm basically working out twice, I eat more.

Does that help a bit?

Thanks. I'll have to play around with my diet some. I don't follow the P90X program 100%. I've done it a few times and tweaked it a little. Basically I do two strength days (an upper body and a lower) followed by a cardio day, repeat, then take a day off. 3 weeks of that, then a week of P90X Plus.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Day 2 in the books!!! Man, I don't know why but the 2nd day of starting any program is tough. I didn't sleep well but once that alarm went off at 4am, I was up and moving! I pushed play and once I started going, it felt great! I actually subbed out plyo for my Combat! Great sweat fest!

How is everyone? Kind of quiet in here!

Hope you're all bringing it! Go get those results! They belong to you!

Have a great day!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Day 3, Shoulders & Arms done! Oh yeah and of course, abs! WOW!!! Speaking of, my abs/core is tight!!! I love that feeling! I've actually been subbing out ARX for Turbo Fire abs because it absolutely kicks my butt! I feel every single move!

Today will definately be a high calorie day as I still have to teach my P90X class tonight! Whew! I already had my whey protein this morning after my workout and will keep up the energy all day!

Hope everyone is bringing it! Make it a great day!
  • razor_fever
    Options
    I am getting anxious to start. I'll be starting on 2/2 with Chest & Back. I did Kenpo Cardio Plus today. Tomorrow is Upper Plus and Friday Night Arms ( from 10 Minute Trainer). Interval X on Thursday then Friday is an off day.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Did week 2 of Chest & Back yesterday. Kind of disappointed that some of my reps went down from week 1 on the pullups and many of the push ups. Anything with dumbbells I did the same or improved. I ran out of strength on a lot of exercises.

I really need to figure out how to build more strength for pullups without trying to do pullups. By that I mean if I can only do 4 pullups the first round and maybe 1 the second round, that's not going to do much for me. I might have to wrap a resistance band around the pullup bar and sit on the floor. And as of late last year I was easily doing 35 pushups but slacked off around the holidays. I can do 30 for the first pushup exercise but the rest of the workout my numbers quickly fall off. So frustrating!

Besides that I love the Arms & Shoulders and Legs workouts. I'm not doing plyo right now due to tendonitis in my leg (from running too much). I hate the yoga workout (too long) and hate yoga in general. So on plyo & yoga days I get on the elliptical and will continue that until my leg heals (when I can resume running). I do a longer elliptical run on Saturday along with the Kenpo.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Did week 2 of Chest & Back yesterday. Kind of disappointed that some of my reps went down from week 1 on the pullups and many of the push ups. Anything with dumbbells I did the same or improved. I ran out of strength on a lot of exercises.

I really need to figure out how to build more strength for pullups without trying to do pullups. By that I mean if I can only do 4 pullups the first round and maybe 1 the second round, that's not going to do much for me. I might have to wrap a resistance band around the pullup bar and sit on the floor. And as of late last year I was easily doing 35 pushups but slacked off around the holidays. I can do 30 for the first pushup exercise but the rest of the workout my numbers quickly fall off. So frustrating!

Besides that I love the Arms & Shoulders and Legs workouts. I'm not doing plyo right now due to tendonitis in my leg (from running too much). I hate the yoga workout (too long) and hate yoga in general. So on plyo & yoga days I get on the elliptical and will continue that until my leg heals (when I can resume running). I do a longer elliptical run on Saturday along with the Kenpo.

Nice job on starting week 2! Don't be disappointed. Remember, like Tony says, "Don't get all jacked up about the numbers." This is so true. What's important is that with every move, ever push up, you ARE getting stronger and it will lead to more reps; plain and simple.

For me, pull ups work best and I feel them best when I use a band. Sometimes, bands work best!

If I can, I highly recommend doing some of the yoga. I know, I know...it's long and boring. But, it's important and will help with all of the other workouts, I promise! Do you have his Fountain of Youth yoga? That one is only 40 min and covers everything!

Hang in there and keep going!
  • timeasterday
    Options
    If I can, I highly recommend doing some of the yoga. I know, I know...it's long and boring. But, it's important and will help with all of the other workouts, I promise! Do you have his Fountain of Youth yoga? That one is only 40 min and covers everything!

Hang in there and keep going!

Thanks! I don't have the Fountain of Youth yoga. I tried my wife's Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown and it was a little better (and shorter). I'll keep trying and maybe one day I'll learn to like it.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Uggghhh....it caught up with me. Today was supposed to be yoga. But I was beat last night! I not only did my shoulders & arms in the morning but then taught my P90X group class in the evening! I know that's not an excuse but I feel like a walking zombie this morning! lol I will at least come home and do a 20 min stretch video and then I'm off again to teach Turbo Kick!

How's everyone else? It's sure quiet in here!
  • razor_fever
    Options
    I'm still lurking. Just a few more days til I start P90X again. A little bit of OCD in that I couldn't start in the middle of the month :) Cranked out Upper Body Plus today and will hit 10 Minute Arms after I get home. I love that one. 10 minutes and I get a huge pump in my arms.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Nice! Glad you're still here and looking forward to reading about your P90X round!
  • timeasterday
    Options
    Just completed my week 2 Shoulders & Arms + Ab Ripper X workout. Man, that felt good! This is by far my favorite workout of the week. I definitely exhausted every bit of strength I had today. Had a hard time opening my protein powder bottle!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Whew! Leg, Back and abs done!!! I'm not a big fan of leg day, unless it's working my butt and thighs but it wasn't as bad as I had remembered. lol

I went just a tad lighter on some of the moves as I will be back at it tonight, teaching P90X! Better load up on the calorie intake!

I can remember now why I love this program so much is because it's only been a week and I already see and feel results! My whole core just feels tighter!

I also bought the Abs Diet for women book and I'm actually not too far off which is cool! Hoping to really, once and for all, chisel away my midsection!

Have a great day everyone and keep pushing play!
  • TCoff1972
    TCoff1972 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I am at the end of my third week, started on Jan. 14th.

I did two months of P90X two years ago, but had to stop because of outside influences.

I am loving it!

Except Yoga X! I don't do Yoga X! Bleeeh! :)

I am down 8 pounds and I am hoping for 3 lbs a week average.

I am definitely getting stronger though. Exercises are getting easier.

Good luck everyone!
    Tim
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Hi all!

I am at the end of my third week, started on Jan. 14th.

I did two months of P90X two years ago, but had to stop because of outside influences.

I am loving it!

I am down 8 pounds and I am hoping for 3 lbs a week average.

I am definitely getting stronger though. Exercises are getting easier.

Good luck everyone!
    Tim

Tim,

Welcome! Congrats on your progress! It definately is an amazing program! I know yoga x is boring and looooong but have you looked into the Fountain of Youth yoga option?

Keep up the good work and keep checking in here! Love to hear about everyone's workouts!
  • linddavis
    linddavis Posts: 101
    Options
    I'm in. Love p90X :) I do pick and choose my workouts since I am also a runner
    and cross train. I run one day.. do arms & abs next day... then I throw a kenpo
    or yoga or stretch day in randomly because I like those programs :)
    I do love tho and have seen results altho I am currently at a plateau
  • timeasterday
    Options

LOL! I don't like it either. I just did 35 minutes on the elliptical instead.

Good luck to you too!

-from another guy named Tim
  • ddavies919
    Options
    I'm in. Love p90X :) I do pick and choose my workouts since I am also a runner
    and cross train. I run one day.. do arms & abs next day... then I throw a kenpo
    or yoga or stretch day in randomly because I like those programs :)
    I do love tho and have seen results altho I am currently at a plateau

Yeah! Welcome fellow X'er! Glad to have you! I literally just got done tweaking my group P90X class for tonight; making em' work for it! lol

Hope you stick around Linda! Keep us posted on your progress!
  • abaxter02
    abaxter02 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've been doing p90x since Jan. 7th and am down 8 lbs and feel so much better! Legs and back tonight, one of my faves!